LSU plane in South Bend

I don’t think BK would leave for LSU. He’s a square peg in a round hole in bayou country. Freeman was my first thought, but do you think LSU throws that much money at a guy who was never a head coach? He’s absolutely going to be one, but I don’t think LSU takes those chances on a first timer

Right now I choose to think either BK is using for leverage for pay raises and a bigger budget OR LSU has a pre-existing relationship with Marcus Freeman. That LSU plane stopped in Norman Oklahoma maybe for Lincoln Riley with a rumored big contract offer too.

Also Kelly just turned 60 does he want to try to rebuild LSU in 3 years? More power to him. He's always said he won't be a coach in his 70's

I would be shocked if this was Kelly or Freeman, but for different reasons. While I think Kelly would do wonders for the program down there, I don't see the cultural fit and I find it hard to imagine that ND lets him go. Just seems like too much of a leap for Freeman. No way he'd turn it down if he did get an offer, obviously, but I don't see how he possibly makes the adjustment quick enough for it to work out.

Really, with this plane hitting OK and then here, it feels more like the market trying to capitalize on the asinine contract MSU is doling out. I feel like we're going to be seeing a lot of that this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Anything ever come out about this?

Nothing on Rivals. Looked on LSU site and the plane has been up here for a while or before. They'd have to bring a brinks truck to get  Brian Kelly away and I'm not sure they could get everyone on board to hire Brian Kelly away from SB.

They're damaged people. Broke ass state school with a measily 500 million endowment fund and a fairweather drunk ass fan base. 

F*ck'em

• Heart 1

On 11/18/2021 at 8:52 PM, AnTostal said:

ND will match and beat what LSU offers. BK probably just got a multimillion dollar raise if LSU is really in town. No way ND let’s BK walk unless they know without a doubt who their next hire will be. 

Don't think for a minute that ND doesn't have a very short list for their next coach. If Kelly dropped dead tomorrow do you think they would grab the 1st person who showed any interest in the job? They know who they want and who would consider taking the job.

5 minutes ago, ndmike88 said:

Don't think for a minute that ND doesn't have a very short list for their next coach. If Kelly dropped dead tomorrow do you think they would grab the 1st person who showed any interest in the job? They know who they want and who would consider taking the job.

Are you sure. I don’t think athletic directors think in those terms. Why else do you always see teams struggle to find coaches when they bolt or get fired?  It always seems teams are in a mad scramble and like us here, naming the big names at that time. When in reality, they should be keeping an eye out for new coaches yearly. Just in case…

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Are you sure. I don’t think athletic directors think in those terms. Why else do you always see teams struggle to find coaches when they bolt or get fired?  It always seems teams are in a mad scramble and like us here, naming the big names at that time. When in reality, they should be keeping an eye out for new coaches yearly. Just in case…

AD’s absolutely think in those terms, especially. Even bama with Saban, I would bet my house, car, and bank account that they have a short list in case anything ever happens to saban 

• Heart 1