19 - San Diego State
20 - North Carolina State
21 - Arkansas
22 - Texas San Antonio (UTSA)
23 - Utah
24 - Houston
25 - Mississippi State

7 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Fowler just uttered Notre Dame in a survivor top 4. Then that rages the debate.. Is that best for ND? That being a large underdog to number 1 for the second straight year?

I had to watch the show with no sound and my captions crapped out about halfway through so I am not sure what you mean here.  I'll watch the show again when I get home from work.

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

I had to watch the show with no sound and my captions crapped out about halfway through so I am not sure what you mean here.  I'll watch the show again when I get home from work.

Basically do we want ND to play #1 UGA in the playoff (-21) or so. Or do we want like ND-Wake Forest at even money in the Peach Bowl? I'd still want the chance to upset UGA. I think a Wake Forest game can only hurt ND.

12 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Basically do we want ND to play #1 UGA in the playoff (-21) or so. Or do we want like ND-Wake Forest at even money in the Peach Bowl? I'd still want the chance to upset UGA. I think a Wake Forest game can only hurt ND.

I don't know.  At first I was all in on just getting a good NY6 Bowl game.  Wanted no part of the CFP.  But this team, for the most part, has been improving every week.  

edit - I don't think Wake only hurts us.  If we win the game, awesome.  That's a great ending to this season.  But if they throw another bowl stinker and lose even a close game to Wake Fucking Forest then I agree, that's worse than a Georgia beat down.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Making it to the playoffs ( and losing) I believe helps ND in recruiting a lot more then going to a bowl game and beating WF. Kids will only remember those final four teams.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I don't know.  At first I was all in on just getting a good NY6 Bowl game.  Wanted no part of the CFP.  But this team, for the most part, has been improving every week.  

edit - I don't think Wake only hurts us.  If we win the game, awesome.  That's a great ending to this season.  But if they throw another bowl stinker and lose even a close game to Wake Fucking Forest then I agree, that's worse than a Georgia beat down.

I see your point too. Its close. It depends if we weigh our odds to beat WF closer then our odds to keep it close to UGA, which I think most would.

9 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

Making it to the playoffs ( and losing) I believe helps ND in recruiting a lot more then going to a bowl game and beating WF. Kids will only remember those final four teams.

Thats a good point we have a nice class recruited so far and were the closest loss last year. Its a close call.

7 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

If its a Peach Bowl win against Wake I would be 100% happy with that.  A Gator Bowl or Sporting.com Bowl win against Wake...not so much.

FaithInIrishForever
This post was recognized by FaithInIrishForever!

"awesome post"

jbrown_9999 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

I did not want to steal @NDhoosier NDhoosier's thunder and my simple copy and paste falls way short anyways. 

haha, for future reference, you will not hurt my feelings at all. I believe someone else was doing them the first few weeks, then it stopped, then I felt like picking it up. I just summarize the games I think are important or fun to watch (close games). I may start one here in a few minutes, but you are more than welcome to start it in the future or add to mine with other games.

• Heart 1