Transfer Portal watchlist

ELDER06

18 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

7 Alabama players enter portal(ESPN only listed 4, didn't mention who the other 3 were)
TE Jahleel Billingsley
LB  Drew Sanders
QB Paul Tyson
OL Tommy Brown

2 Georgia players enter portal
DB Ameer Speed
WR Jaylen Johnson

I wonder if they can make more NIL money starting on another team rather than riding the bench at 'Bama or Georgia?

• Heart 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:09 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

7 Alabama players enter portal(ESPN only listed 4, didn't mention who the other 3 were)
TE Jahleel Billingsley
LB  Drew Sanders
QB Paul Tyson
OL Tommy Brown

2 Georgia players enter portal
DB Ameer Speed
WR Jaylen Johnson

Speed entering literally the day after UGA won the title is a red flag. Like your team just won a title and you couldn’t wait a day or two to get out? 

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Ironically, he ended back up at Clemson. 

and he tried to go back to clemson as a GA but dabo convinced him to be on the team. Sorta like a Menshew situation when he was goign to go to bama to be a GA and leach convinced him to be on the team. 

We need to try to get Oklahoma State senior DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse who as entered the transfer portal. You won't find many players in the transfer portal more accomplished than Bernard-Converse (6'1/200), who was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2021 after posting 51 tackles and pass breakups for one of the best defenses in the nation. Bernard-Converse has started 47 games for Oklahoma State and was a member of its 2018 recruiting class. The former three-star prospect should have a hot market, as he brings both a wealth of experience and production.

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

We need to try to get Oklahoma State senior DB Jarrick Bernard-Converse who as entered the transfer portal. You won't find many players in the transfer portal more accomplished than Bernard-Converse (6'1/200), who was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2021 after posting 51 tackles and pass breakups for one of the best defenses in the nation. Bernard-Converse has started 47 games for Oklahoma State and was a member of its 2018 recruiting class. The former three-star prospect should have a hot market, as he brings both a wealth of experience and production.

I think we desperately need another quality corner opposite Hart

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

I would be down for that, but why would a multi-year starter transfer like that? Does he plan on following the DC?

Perhaps he simply wants to get a graduate degree from a different school? He is a student-athlete after all...

Or perhaps he wants to see if there is any NIL money available should he switch schools

Edited by jbrown_9999

I’m going to take three guesses here with that Okie corner on why he’s leaving. 

1.  As someone mentioned NIL. He was a three star and NIL wasn’t there yet. I’m sure he sees this as an opportunity to be re-recruited and make some of that NIL money. 
2.  Which leads to point two. He might feel that Okie State will never go to a NC. Getting re-recruited making money and having the Bama’s of the world has to be a ego stroke. I’m sure he’s liking it. Especially, since he didn’t get that the first time. I would. 
3.  Maybe the d-coordinator leaving makes him have second thoughts. He had great seasons with him. What if he doesn’t this year. Does he get labeled a system corner?  What if the new d-coordinator is crap and even though he balls out, Okie State’s defense is a shell of itself?  Or as someone said, what if he simply wants to try and follow him to db-u in Ohio Stare where is d-coordinator is. 

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I would be down for that, but why would a multi-year starter transfer like that? Does he plan on following the DC?

I saw that he was All Academic Big 12 the last two years. His major is Pre-Veterinary Animal Science. Apparently, OSU has a good veterinary program, so maybe following his coach is beneficial to him for more than just football. 

• Heart 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:57 PM, Jersey Irish said:

The question is: does TOSU really need DB help as badly as ND where he most likely could start?

No. But whatever happens, Clarence Lewis can’t be starting next yr. Slide Griffith down to Corner if you have to. 

37 minutes ago, coltssb said:

NO. Ive seen enough of Griffith at corner. 

Yeah, this. Lewis was the upgrade from Griffith. Lewis can play better but has a limited ceiling which we all saw. They need a couple more transfers but I bet they happen toward the end of the semester. 

55 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Yeah, this. Lewis was the upgrade from Griffith. Lewis can play better but has a limited ceiling which we all saw. They need a couple more transfers but I bet they happen toward the end of the semester. 

Lewis should never see the field at ND outside of injury.

3 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

And I’ve seen enough of Lewis. Neither are great, but Lewis can’t even play at the P5 level. 

He played his freshman year just fine. They are playing him a way that he doesn’t feel comfortable playing. I hated playing bump and run to. You have to be strong and fast. He would be fine if they let him play off. Griffith couldn’t even start at corner. Struggled at nickel. Then got pushed to safety as a last resort. Luckily he’s been fine there. But you’re asking too much to go back to corner. 

9 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

No. But whatever happens, Clarence Lewis can’t be starting next yr. Slide Griffith down to Corner if you have to. 

Neither can play corner.  Griffith lol.  What are you talking about?   That's awful