Jump to content

Transfer Portal watchlist


ELDER06
 Share

Recommended Posts

Figured this makes sense in the Recruiting forum. Haven’t had a chance to do any research, but I firmly believe there’s going to be a mass exodus from the following programs: Florida, Cal, and UW. Interested in seeing which players ND might have a shot at. 

  • Heart 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Figured this makes sense in the Recruiting forum. Haven’t had a chance to do any research, but I firmly believe there’s going to be a mass exodus from the following programs: Florida, Cal, and UW. Interested in seeing which players ND might have a shot at. 

Very good Idea Elder Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think our DL is fine, unless they can find a legit Edge type player.

I'd prefer not to take any LBs. We have frosh studs coming in that should fit the scheme perfectly, and I'd prefer them get as many early reps as possible. 3 guys in the top 13 at the position.... 

If anything, we need DBs. We've not recruited well at all in the secondary. And we have zero top 25 (at position) guys coming in. Need help biggly here. I'm still surprised with how mediocre we've done here. 

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

IMO, they really need to bulk up on depth Defensively. I’d like to see them get 3 transfers, one at each level. However, if they can only get 1, it needs to be a DB.

We don't need dl depth. 

 

We need secondary help and maybe linebacker depending on who comes back

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, golson5 said:

We don't need dl depth. 

We need secondary help and maybe linebacker depending on who comes back

We're fine LB IMO. And have 3 studs coming in. 

here's the scholarship breakdown. I don't see any leaving early. * is RS. And we have several injury situations that were going to get major snaps, and they'll be back. If the incoming frosh jump a lot of guys early, I could see some defections. And not quite sure how Sniper position might become more of a thing in year 2.

 

                              Frosh                           Soph                           Jun                     Sen

LB

6

Prince Kollie

JD Bertrand*

Marist Liufau*

 

Bo Bauer

Shayne Simon

Drew White*

ROV

4

Xavier Watts*

Jack Kiser*

Paul Moala*

Isaiah Pryor*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

We're fine LB IMO. And have 3 studs coming in. 

here's the scholarship breakdown. I don't see any leaving early. * is RS. And we have several injury situations that were going to get major snaps, and they'll be back. If the incoming frosh jump a lot of guys early, I could see some defections. And not quite sure how Sniper position might become more of a thing in year 2.

 

                              Frosh                           Soph                           Jun                     Sen

LB

6

Prince Kollie

JD Bertrand*

Marist Liufau*

 

Bo Bauer

Shayne Simon

Drew White*

ROV

4

Xavier Watts*

Jack Kiser*

Paul Moala*

Isaiah Pryor*

I mean who knows if white bauer simon and pryor come back for a variety of reasons.  

 

Who knows how moala will look coming off another injury.  He might be done medically

 

Lot of questions with those 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, golson5 said:

I mean who knows if white bauer simon and pryor come back for a variety of reasons.  

Who knows how moala will look coming off another injury.  He might be done medically

Lot of questions with those 5

White is RS Senior who will likely be gone (short of some covid type extra year).

Why wouldn't Bo come back? He's in line to start at Mike full time with White gone.

Kiser is starting Rover, and he isn't going anywhere. He might also end up at sniper. Bertrand is a frosh and is starting WILL, why would he leave. Kollie is a frosh and is getting snaps, why would he leave.

I get there are questions about injuries, but there's no reason to think we're going to have an exodus by the guys starting right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

White is RS Senior who will likely be gone (short of some covid type extra year).

Why wouldn't Bo come back? He's in line to start at Mike full time with White gone.

Kiser is starting Rover, and he isn't going anywhere. He might also end up at sniper. Bertrand is a frosh and is starting WILL, why would he leave. Kollie is a frosh and is getting snaps, why would he leave.

I get there are questions about injuries, but there's no reason to think we're going to have an exodus by the guys starting right now.

I didn't mention kiser bertrand or kollie

 

I mentioned the 5 upper classmen. We don't know yet how many of them will be back

Edited by golson5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, golson5 said:

I didn't mention kiser bertrand or kollie

I mentioned the 5 upper classmen. We don't know yet how many of them will be back

OK. But two of the above are starters, and the other is getting snaps now in the 2 deep. So those are 3 of the 6 two deep. And you've got 3 studs coming in. So just that, is pretty darn good, no? So we have 6 quality guys we know will be here.

But I'll bite. Let's look at the 3 upper class LBs aside from White and Pryor who may have exhausted eligibility. Let me know for each why they would leave.....

  • Bo Bauer - gets a lot of snaps this year (top 3 or 4), and likely inherits starting MIKE job. That's 4 of 6 of the two deep.
  • Shayne Simon - was a co-fav to start at WILL before injury. If he leaves, it's because he's not 2-deep, and if he's not, why worry. 
  • Paul Moala - Moala was a co-fav to start at Rover or Sniper to start the season. Same deal as Simon. Why would he leave unless he's not in the 2 deep. And if he's not in the two deep, not really a big loss.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

OK. But two of the above are starters, and the other is getting snaps now in the 2 deep. So those are 3 of the 6 two deep. And you've got 3 studs coming in. So just that, is pretty darn good, no? So we have 6 quality guys we know will be here.

But I'll bite. Let's look at the 3 upper class LBs aside from White and Pryor who may have exhausted eligibility. Let me know for each why they would leave.....

  • Bo Bauer - gets a lot of snaps this year (top 3 or 4), and likely inherits starting MIKE job. That's 4 of 6 of the two deep.
  • Shayne Simon - was a co-fav to start at WILL before injury. If he leaves, it's because he's not 2-deep, and if he's not, why worry. 
  • Paul Moala - Moala was a co-fav to start at Rover or Sniper to start the season. Same deal as Simon. Why would he leave unless he's not in the 2 deep. And if he's not in the two deep, not really a big loss.

 

And Watts is likely moving to safety in the off season.  Thats 1 less body. 

 

The loss of the guys you mentioned is depth. We'll be short on it if guys decide not to come back. And if they dont we will have to look in the portal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, golson5 said:

And Watts is likely moving to safety in the off season.  Thats 1 less body. 

The loss of the guys you mentioned is depth. We'll be short on it if guys decide not to come back. And if they dont we will have to look in the portal 

Doubt we lose more than 3. And we have 3 coming in. Net/net zero. And Zeigler might end up LB, or at minimum the S/LB hybrid sniper. That's plenty.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Doubt we lose more than 3. And we have 3 coming in. Net/net zero. And Zeigler might end up LB, or at minimum the S/LB hybrid sniper. That's plenty.

 

Ziegler is a LB

 

I dont think the staff would think net/net zero due to losing upperclassmen and replacing with frosh 

 

And maybe they all come back. I hace no idea. But theres a chance we lose a few 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Ziegler is a LB

I dont think the staff would think net/net zero due to losing upperclassmen and replacing with frosh 

And maybe they all come back. I hace no idea. But theres a chance we lose a few 

Ziegler was listed as a S until recently on 247. Still says S on his profile. He's listed as ATH on Rivals. He lists himself on twitter and Hudl as a SS. In HS, he plays SS, Rover, and WR. 

Not sure where he ends up. If he puts on weight, perhaps LB. If not, S. The most likely spot for him though IMO is the hybrid sniper role.

And if he's a LB, then that makes 4 coming in. So net +1.

We will return 3 of our 4 biggest snap count LBs. And we'll still have depth unless there's a mass exodus which is unlikely. They you have 3 very highly rated frosh that at least a few, will likely get early snaps. 

Every year we lose vets and bring in frosh that are not near as heralded. This is simply not a big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Ziegler was listed as a S until recently on 247. Still says S on his profile. He's listed as ATH on Rivals. He lists himself on twitter and Hudl as a SS. In HS, he plays SS, Rover, and WR. 

Not sure where he ends up. If he puts on weight, perhaps LB. If not, S. The most likely spot for him though IMO is the hybrid sniper role.

And if he's a LB, then that makes 4 coming in. So net +1.

We will return 3 of our 4 biggest snap count LBs. And we'll still have depth unless there's a mass exodus which is unlikely. They you have 3 very highly rated frosh that at least a few, will likely get early snaps. 

Every year we lose vets and bring in frosh that are not near as heralded. This is simply not a big deal.

We are recruiting him as a linebacker,  not a safety

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pregame said:

My philosophy, especially with grad transfers (1-2 yr guys) is is we have a scholarship and they can add a competent body at a position of need (this year- DB, WR, maybe QB), why not take them for a year? 

I am having trouble running down anything concrete, have we had any guys come to ND as grad transfers and end up getting drafted? Getting a chance to play for a team that has consistent national exposure seems like a big benefit to these guys too, not that other teams don't offer the same I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

I am having trouble running down anything concrete, have we had any guys come to ND as grad transfers and end up getting drafted? Getting a chance to play for a team that has consistent national exposure seems like a big benefit to these guys too, not that other teams don't offer the same I suppose.

Good question, I believe Skowronek was drafted. Alohi Gilman was drafted but not a grad transfer. 

 

Nick McCloud, Cody Riggs, and now Coan all received good exposure and playing time at ND. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Rover linebacker.

We are not recruiting him at safety

Do you understand rover position is a safety/linebacker hybrid position? If not, or if you don't buy what I'm saying, I can provide plenty of stuff directly from Lea talking specifically about it. 

Guys that are in the rover stack are mostly HS safeties. Kiser, Pryor, Moala, Watts (was a FS along with WR), etc. were all safeties.

And did you catch that Kiser was playing safety just last week vs Navy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Do you understand rover position is a safety/linebacker hybrid position? If not, or if you don't buy what I'm saying, I can provide plenty of stuff directly from Lea talking specifically about it. 

Guys that are in the rover stack are mostly HS safeties. Kiser, Pryor, Moala, Watts (was a FS along with WR), etc. were all safeties.

And did you catch that Kiser was playing safety just last week vs Navy?

Rover is much much more a linebacker than safety

 

And he played safety against Navy. He wont be able to play that against any passing teams. Too slow footed, too big.  Hes a rover but its a linebacker that does multiple roles.

 

Neither can play safety full time at a high level

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...