College Football Recruitment Spend (ranks and article)

ADU put out a report on CFB spend based on public records requests.

ND being private, does not have to report.

Wonder where they rank?

Overall, the amounts seem like a drop in the bucket given the revenue of most of these places, and I'm sure the boosters are picking up the tab for a good portion if not all. 

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/an-analysis-of-football-recruiting-costs/

1-52_Rank.png

• Like 1

Just now, NDFootballGuy said:

I know travel for ND is quite extensive, so the number is a bit higher than you'd think.  I've heard estimates in the $2.3M/year range.

Yeah I could see us spending with Clemson. ND admitted to taking a helicopter to see Jack Kiser just to impress him in a recent presser

4 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

wow. UGA outspends Bama by a million and most of the SEC by around or over 2 million

If I had to guess I'd put ND with PSU at around 1.6

When you have the most cohesive booster/bagman relationships, you don't need to outspend everyone.

No one would snitch on St Nick in that little backwoods southern metropolis.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

wow. UGA outspends Bama by a million and most of the SEC by around or over 2 million

If I had to guess I'd put ND with PSU at around 1.6

I'd say we're minimum 2M. We recruit nationally very hard. A lot of Cali, SE, and Texas kids.

11 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Tennessee definitely not get any return on that investment…. Hahahaha

They're starting to see dividends with their new coach. 

They've lost a few, but you can see them getting better, especially on O. 

4 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

They probably mainly include travel costs and exclude cost of staff's time spent on recruiting.

Mostly travel (the article discusses). Not really staff so to speak.

• Like 1

I agree UT isn’t a complete sh*tshow anymore, but spending that kind of money, you should be Top 5…at least Top 10.  I love when they suck, though, so I’m not complaining.  They’re among the dirtiest programs.  Do you think they get a side of fries with their bags of money?  🍟 

10 hours ago, irishwavend said:

I agree UT isn’t a complete sh*tshow anymore, but spending that kind of money, you should be Top 5…at least Top 10.  I love when they suck, though, so I’m not complaining.  They’re among the dirtiest programs.  Do you think they get a side of fries with their bags of money?  🍟 

lol