Offensive line 3.0

8 minutes ago, NDFootballGuy said:

I thought Alt and Kristofic did a fine job (better than average) on Saturday night.  I'm surprised it took them this long to figure it out.  They were arguably better than Madden and Lugg on the other side!

Yup for awhile they thought Zeke who is better on the move could hold up at 285. That Alot to ask When DTs go at least 300 pounds. Both Alt and Kristofic are over 300 pounds.

I'm sure there will be more ups and downs throughout the rest of the season, especially when we face some better defenses. However, the improved play is really encouraging. From my years of watching CFB, it's extremely rare that a team changes a trend like this mid-season. Normally, when you establish that identity, you're riding it out for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coltssb said:

And this is what good coaches do. I saw promise with the line. They just had to find the right combo. Sadly it took 6 games to figure it out. That is what I don’t understand. 

Funny how early in the season, Kelly said that Zeke did not need to be "big" to be successful as a starter but now he is saying that size is important at the LG spot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coltssb said:

And this is what good coaches do. I saw promise with the line. They just had to find the right combo. Sadly it took 6 games to figure it out. That is what I don’t understand. 

It’s pretty easy to understand. Starting LT got injured in the first game, Kristofic has never played, our new starting LT is a freshman who played TE last year as a senior in HS, and our OL coach is mediocre at best. What exactly is hard to understand about that?

• Like 1
  • Leprechaun 1

1 hour ago, Pregame said:

It’s pretty easy to understand. Starting LT got injured in the first game, Kristofic has never played, our new starting LT is a freshman who played TE last year as a senior in HS, and our OL coach is mediocre at best. What exactly is hard to understand about that?

I understand completely what you are saying. But it’s not like they didn’t have all pre-season to have options. They seemed to be pretty set on the starting role once Fisher got to town. 

On 10/26/2021 at 9:53 AM, jbrown_9999 said:

Funny how early in the season, Kelly said that Zeke did not need to be "big" to be successful as a starter but now he is saying that size is important at the LG spot.

No Doubt he thought Zeke would play better and instead of calling him out he's referencing size. Zeke has alot of time left and needs to play Center next year. I think Kelly did the right thing by Zeke. 

23 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

No Doubt he thought Zeke would play better and instead of calling him out he's referencing size. Zeke has alot of time left and needs to play Center next year. I think Kelly did the right thing by Zeke. 

I agree that it was probably some "spin" 

• Like 1