Lorenzo Styles Block

17 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I feel like he got more playing time to show off to his brother. But he did play well when given the opportunity.

The reason in my opinion is Lorenzo Styles can BLOCK better then Avery Davis

NUMBER 3 IS SUPPOSED TO  GET A BLOCK ON THAT RUN BLITZING SAFETY (THE GUY TO HIS INSIDE NEAR THE ND LOGO

KYREN MAKES HIM MISS, GETS A FIRST DOWN

BUT COMPARE THAT BLOCK TO THE ONE ABOVE.

image.thumb.png.3faaec78a8a03693f5e75ccf3af62215.png

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

The reason in my opinion is Lorenzo Styles can BLOCK better then Avery Davis

NUMBER 3 IS SUPPOSED TO  GET A BLOCK ON THAT RUN BLITZING SAFETY (THE GUY TO HIS INSIDE NEAR THE ND LOGO

KYREN MAKES HIM MISS, GETS A FIRST DOWN

BUT COMPARE THAT BLOCK TO THE ONE ABOVE.

image.thumb.png.3faaec78a8a03693f5e75ccf3af62215.png

`Actually This got me thinking of an Earlier Thread by @Mike on Tommy Tremble. If Tommy was sealing that edge on that safety blitz this year that may of went for 40 yards, because other then that edge its blocked pretty well. As it was Kyren made the edge blitzer miss and Avery Davis caught a TD pass. Different years different players make formations go. Last year the Irish would block you, this year they need to spread out.

18 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

`Actually This got me thinking of an Earlier Thread by @Mike on Tommy Tremble. If Tommy was sealing that edge on that safety blitz this year that may of went for 40 yards, because other then that edge its blocked pretty well. As it was Kyren made the edge blitzer miss and Avery Davis caught a TD pass. Different years different players make formations go. Last year the Irish would block you, this year they need to spread out.

Good point. I keep forgetting about how Tommy Tremble was a mad man when it came to blocking. ND had to rebuild the offensive line this year and they lost Tommy T.

• Like 1

• IF a skill guy(Safety, corner, nickel/dime DB) gets in the backfield 9 times out  10 its not the lines fault.
  • Like that safety in that picture is the slot receivers block
  • Missing Tremble ND's adjustment is to count the box. Run RPO.. Say if We have 5 blockers and they have 6 in the box. ND will look to pass. If We have 5 and they have 5, 4 or 3 thats a run look, 
  • Missing Tremble shows up when they put extra people in the run box, he would almost never totally miss a block and sometimes be the force player, the guy making a lane to run behind
  • Like 2