Jump to content

2021 Undefeated Teams after Week 6 (it's a strange year)


Recommended Posts

We aren't good enough to go the CFP, but the current landscape is crazy weird (at least to me..

Iowa and Cinci will be top 4 come Monday? Wut? Both Michigan teams will be top ten... Wut???

KY undefeated... wut??? Wake the class of the ACC... wut???

Bama still in prime position to get back in obviously. UGA looks to be the class of the Top 25 right now. 

Iowa has an easy walk to the B10 championship, but have zero clue who they will play.

Cinci may finally get their chance to crash the party. If they are #4 come Monday, then win out, but still get bumped from the CFP, that's just a crime.

  • Still undefeated
    • #2 UGA - plays #16 UK and #20 FL the next two games
    • #3 Iowa - plays at Wiscy in 3 weeks, but easy other than that
    • #5 Cinci - UCF next week, and #24 SMU near the end of the season, but easy...
    • #6 Oklahoma - cake walk until last game at OK State
    • #9 Michigan - #11 MSU 10/30, #4 PSU 11/13, and #7 OSU 11/27
    • #11 Michigan State - scUM in 3 weeks, and OSU and PSU the last 2 games
    • #12 OK State - #21 TX next week, #6 OK end of season
    • #15 Costal Carolina - cake walk schedule
    • #16 Kentucky - only #2 UGA in terms of top 25 teams on their schedule.
    • #19 Wake Forest - at Clemson 11/20 and vs #23 NCST 11/13. Not hard.
    • #24 SMU - only home vs #5 Cinci on 11/20, but at Houston in a few weeks will be tough
    • #25 SDSU - Boise State at the end of the season, but cake walk until then
    • NR - UTSA - LT and UAB 
  • Lost this week
    • #1 Bama - last two games vs ARK and AUB... but not crazy hard
    • #4 PSU - still plays OSU, MSU and scUM. 
    • #10 BYU - missed a great opportunity by losing to BSU.
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

#1 Georgia
#2 Iowa
#3 Cincy
#4 Oklahoma
#5 Alabama

I think UK will jump us and may jump into the top 10 with the big win over LSU.

This would have been a great year for Notre Dame to be in the mix... ?

LSU just isn't that good, so not sure it's something that will vault KY over us. Especially with our only loss to what should be the #3 or #4 team. 

I don't think ND will be able to claw back in, but anything is possible with the way things are going (and future schedules). We'd need UGA to win out (beating Bama again in the SECC), and we'd need the Big 10 guys to beat each other up IMO. OK has a cake walk, and their not that good.

My hot take prediction for the CFP is Bama/UGA/Cinci/OK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

#1 Georgia
#2 Iowa
#3 Cincy
#4 Oklahoma
#5 Alabama

I think UK will jump us and may jump into the top 10 with the big win over LSU.

This would have been a great year for Notre Dame to be in the mix... ?

yeah that sucks. ND could of been #3 this week. Possibly #2 come playoff time. Perfect time to be playing Oklahoma. Oh well. ND hasn’t looked good all year so I’ll take whatever they get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, coltssb said:

yeah that sucks. ND could of been #3 this week. Possibly #2 come playoff time. Perfect time to be playing Oklahoma. Oh well. ND hasn’t looked good all year so I’ll take whatever they get. 

IMO we'd be crushed by Bama or UGA. We don't have the OL really to go toe to toe with a lot of teams.

I'd be happy with a good bowl against a team we could beat lol.

Wouldn't mind a ND/Clemson rematch lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

We aren't good enough to go the CFP, but the current landscape is crazy weird (at least to me..

Iowa and Cinci will be top 4 come Monday? Wut? Both Michigan teams will be top ten... Wut???

KY undefeated... wut??? Wake the class of the ACC... wut???

Bama still in prime position to get back in obviously. UGA looks to be the class of the Top 25 right now. 

Iowa has an easy walk to the B10 championship, but have zero clue who they will play.

 

Iowa still has to play at Nebraska and at Wisconsin.  Those will be coin flip games, no cakewalk.  Iowa offense did not look good yesterday, got lucky penn state QB got hurt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nd2000 said:

Iowa still has to play at Nebraska and at Wisconsin.  Those will be coin flip games, no cakewalk.  Iowa offense did not look good yesterday, got lucky penn state QB got hurt. 

I just don't think Nebraska and Wiscy are all that good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

I wonder if Ohio State wins out and Alabama beats Georgia in SEC title

If the final 4 will be Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama and Georgia.  


If that Caleb Williams keeps playing like he did, I think they are way better than Cincinnati.

I think you would really have to look at that. Comparing who those teams would had beaten vs. Cincinnati. It’s not really close. Unless ND moves all the way up to 5th. Which I don’t see happening in that scenario you mentioned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coltssb said:

I think you would really have to look at that. Comparing who those teams would had beaten vs. Cincinnati. It’s not really close. Unless ND moves all the way up to 5th. Which I don’t see happening in that scenario you mentioned. 

Jesus it would take  A LOT of fucked up games to boost us all the way to 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Jesus it would take  A LOT of fucked up games to boost us all the way to 5.

The crazy thing is that it could happen. A lot of these teams ahead of ND have to play each other. I could honestly see ND 7th when it’s all said and done. Of course Nd would have to win out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The AP poll means jack sh!t.  The committee has proven that they don't care where teams are in the AP poll when they make their poll.  My guess is Cinn. will not start off in the top 4.  If ND wins out until Nov. 2nd, it will be interesting to see where they are placed.  This year will be crazy.  No true top teams.  Maybe Georgia, but I'm still not totally sold.  When all said and done Ohio St. might be the best.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...