Something Needs to Change at Notre Dame Stadium

How many times are we going to watch Notre Dame Stadium repeatedly get invaded? Another 'Sea of Red' on display against Cincy today? It breathes life into the opposing team when a significant portion of the stadium wears red and screams 'Go Bearcats!' the entire time. No one seems to talk about it in the conversation about how to get back to greatness, maybe because I doubt anyone has an earthly clue how to fix it without seriously encroaching on the rights of ticketholders. I could just be jaded because I sat near the visitor's section, but I can't stand to see it any longer. This place needs to protect its home field.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Leprechaun (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jasacoustic05 said:

How many times are we going to watch Notre Dame Stadium repeatedly get invaded? Another 'Sea of Red' on display against Cincy today? It breathes life into the opposing team when a significant portion of the stadium wears red and screams 'Go Bearcats!' the entire time. No one seems to talk about it in the conversation about how to get back to greatness, maybe because I doubt anyone has an earthly clue how to fix it without seriously encroaching on the rights of ticketholders. I could just be jaded because I sat near the visitor's section, but I can't stand to see it any longer. This place needs to protect its home field.

Welcome to DomerDomain!

• Like (+1) 1

I think a lot of ND fans see that the offense is very flawed and the team wasn’t going anywhere this year.  I wouldn’t do it, but I can’t blame people for selling their tickets to UC fans willing to pay top dollar.  

Agree with the invasions need to stop. You don’t see this at other top programs. Their teams are life and they rather be there for top games (win or loose) then make a buck on over priced tickets. I get you can do with whatever you want with your tickets you paid for them. I wish ND would do what Porsche does to flippers of limited production cars…..stop selling them cars. Would be great to see loyal fans (alumni or subway) in the seats win or loose. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately the team is located in South Bend and the ND fan base is pretty national.  The South Bend community is way too small to fill the stadium itself.  So if the team doesn’t look particularly great, it’s easy to dump those tickets and not bother traveling to South Bend.  

25 minutes ago, nd2000 said:

Unfortunately the team is located in South Bend and the ND fan base is pretty national.  The South Bend community is way too small to fill the stadium itself.  So if the team doesn’t look particularly great, it’s easy to dump those tickets and not bother traveling to South Bend.  

I’ll add. I Still have family and friends there and they are still struggling financially. They get tickets and other teams want to overpay by 300 percent, they are going to sell every time. It sucks. It really does, but South Bend is not what it was in the 80’s. Get use to seeing the invasion every year. 
The one thing that could stop that…give more tickets to the students. Give more discounts to season ticket holders or keep an eye on those season ticket holders to ensure they aren’t selling them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Cheers (+1) 1

I mentioned this topic yesterday in the “5 things “ thread. This is a total embarrassment.  There is not one other top program in the country that this happens to. We have no home field advantage in big games. I really feel bad for the players that our sorry ass fan base won’t support them and choose to sell them out for making a few hundred bucks. Total BS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kid Gloves said:

I mentioned this topic yesterday in the “5 things “ thread. This is a total embarrassment.  There is not one other top program in the country that this happens to. We have no home field advantage in big games. I really feel bad for the players that our sorry ass fan base won’t support them and choose to sell them out for making a few hundred bucks. Total BS!

Also, you schedule to back to back good games. Where would you want to go if you were going to your one Nd game for the year- Soldier Field or Notre Dame stadium?   Bad scheduling I think. I wouldn’t pony up 1500 fly to Soldier field then pony up another 1500 to fly back there the following week. Have to break it up. 
Also, the way the team looked going into the game. It’s not like there was a huge joy of excitement knowing how bad we have looked on offense. 
It’s also, Cincy. Although ranked, it’s not a blue blood. It was “expected” to win.  
Lastly, ND hasn’t shown up for top 10 games. Let’s be honest. Clemson last year but prior years they haven’t. It’s been a slaughter. Who wants to go see that?  If this was a Lou coached team where you know it could go down to the wire. Where you know there could be a first fight in the tunnel. 
Too much CEO operational feel for the game. Uncreative offense that I know will result in an ugly boring game that could be a blow out loss for Nd. Why fly there for that…..

It’s simple economics. ND fans aren’t going to buy season tickets at the inflated prices ND charges for a slate of more than often weak teams. Instead of lowering season ticket prices, ND will gladly sell the seats to opposing fan bases when a team with a engaged fan base comes to town. It’s all money to Notre Dame. The Cincinnati contingent was mainly in the south end zone, where Notre Dame priced out it’s most devoted local fans who bought season tickets and passed them down through generations for 60+ years. Notre Dame caused this issue, but since revenue is their main goal, I don’t see it changing unless they look at the income and see that their high price strategy is not working. 

Edited by Frankus
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, coltssb said:

I’ll add. I Still have family and friends there and they are still struggling financially. They get tickets and other teams want to overpay by 300 percent, they are going to sell every time. It sucks. It really does, but South Bend is not what it was in the 80’s. Get use to seeing the invasion every year. 
The one thing that could stop that…give more tickets to the students. Give more discounts to season ticket holders or keep an eye on those season ticket holders to ensure they aren’t selling them. 

Still have family there as well. My uncles stopping renewing their season tickets years ago for the very gouging you mentioned.  However, they never sold tickets to big games ever, rust belt or not.

You’re also spot on about the area struggling. Any time we take the kids to see the grandparents they are in shock of how “different” it is there and they’ve followed me around to some crummy places (Clovis, NM and ABQ, NM = we will never move back there if you get sent back directives from the wife). 

• Cheers (+1) 1

They need to reduce the price for some sections, just for the non-alum fans from IN... Local Benders, Catholics, etc.. 

And require a pass/ID for entry so they can't be sold in exchange for the low price. Sell them via parishes throughout Indiana. Might stimulate some back to church on Sundays lol... Have a huge Catholic section! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

They need to reduce the price for some sections, just for the non-alum fans from IN... Local Benders, Catholics, etc.. 

And require a pass/ID for entry so they can't be sold in exchange for the low price. Sell them via parishes throughout Indiana. Might stimulate some back to church on Sundays lol... Have a huge Catholic section! 

Must have first communion in order to enter the stadium!

On 10/3/2021 at 12:31 AM, jasacoustic05 said:

Hey thanks! Started passively perusing this website actually around 15 years ago when I was a little kid, never posted though. Just hopped back on to vent a little bit... sorry to be heated, though I'm sure most won't take issue ?

We likely had a post just like yours 15 years ago… there have been previous seas of red…

• Like (+1) 1

They covered up Touchdown Jesus. Ever since they covered up TouchDown Jesus they haven't won a natty.

They should have cut out the upper deck over the endzone so you can see TouchDown Jesus better.

No I'm not drunk. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JTennant said:

They covered up Touchdown Jesus. Ever since they covered up TouchDown Jesus they haven't won a natty.

They should have cut out the upper deck over the endzone so you can see TouchDown Jesus better.

No I'm not drunk. 

Nope. Been said for years. Jesus wants to watch the game from the library. Cut it out!  No, I’m not drunk either haha

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, JTennant said:

No I'm not drunk. 

9 hours ago, coltssb said:

Nope. Been said for years. Jesus wants to watch the game from the library. Cut it out!  No, I’m not drunk either haha

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

• Cheers (+1) 1

On 10/6/2021 at 12:23 AM, JTennant said:

No I'm not drunk. 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, coltssb said:

They should have used the most recent renovations/additions as a way to remove a section of the upper deck for this and then add more seats elsewhere to make up for it.  We all know that's what its all about.  More seats more money.