Jump to content

FSU vs Jacksonville ST


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

That result is an inductment of ND's defensive play vs Free Shoes U. Too many big plays allowed!

It doesn’t look good. The only caveat I have is FSU clearly played that game on such an emotional high, they won’t reach that intensity level again all year. Watching that game, it felt like the stadium was back to being 20% full. You could hear a pin drop in that stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not going to lose my mind in transitive property analysis of how bad UND football team is..

Most of us have eyes and a working brain..

inthiught it was funny when Brian Kelly alluded to this happening to FSU when he said something to the effect “if they play like this” they’ll have a great year. Also said something about their dual QB system.

the ND FSU game was disjointed and sloppy but you could tell with the energy in the stadium that the noles were playing out of their mind and Brian Kelly knew it. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JTennant said:

Not going to lose my mind in transitive property analysis of how bad UND football team is..

Most of us have eyes and a working brain..

inthiught it was funny when Brian Kelly alluded to this happening to FSU when he said something to the effect “if they play like this” they’ll have a great year. Also said something about their dual QB system.

the ND FSU game was disjointed and sloppy but you could tell with the energy in the stadium that the noles were playing out of their mind and Brian Kelly knew it. 

 

I watched most of that game you could feel the emotional let down in that stadium even when FSU was up 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I watched most of that game you could feel the emotional let down in that stadium even when FSU was up 10.

Hard to change your stripes when you been beat like a dog for a few years. Have to learn to win again and get that swagger back. Right now they were relying on the crowd and to beat ND to get out the gates. When that didn’t happen it was let down city. They’ll probably be a dumpster fire again this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 3:51 PM, coltssb said:

Hard to change your stripes when you been beat like a dog for a few years. Have to learn to win again and get that swagger back. Right now they were relying on the crowd and to beat ND to get out the gates. When that didn’t happen it was let down city. They’ll probably be a dumpster fire again this year. 

People forget FSU beat UNC at home last year. I’m not excusing ND playing like S**t, but that’s an example where FSU played well beyond their mean, and a lot of that is driven by the emotion of the crowd.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

People forget FSU beat UNC at home last year. I’m not excusing ND playing like S**t, but that’s an example where FSU played well beyond their mean, and a lot of that is driven by the emotion of the crowd.

Yup.

FSU has some great pieces, and have more speed/power than people realize. They're in a rebuild mode though with a lot of holes, a lot of inexperience, and trying to overcome a losing culture.

Had they beat ND, IMO they would have likely spanked JSU. Hard to get up for ND, lose a close one like that, and then have to play a school like JSU and stay up. They just don't have the leadership and demeanor yet. I predict more ups and downs, but wouldn't surprise me if they knocked off somebody they shouldn't, or lose one they shouldn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...