Notre Dame Home Opener Exclusively On Peacock

19 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Not a fan of this but at $4.99 it’s much cheaper than going to the game and if I can access the game anytime during my subscription even better.  Can watch it after whatever kid activity will take priority that day.

Also, I’ll be watching to see what deal for the season they release on the 11th.

I agree.  I’m not a fan either, but it is what it is.  And I downloaded the Peacock app for free for the Blue and Gold Game.  It was pretty easy and didn’t take long either.  I only have the Peacock Free plan, but I would imagine the home opener would only require that plan.  I could be wrong, but since there will be ads, we should be fine.  However, I’m not sure what the availability is for everyone to get it though.

8 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I agree.  I’m not a fan either, but it is what it is.  And I downloaded the Peacock app for free for the Blue and Gold Game.  It was pretty easy and didn’t take long either.  I only have the Peacock Free plan, but I would imagine the home opener would only require that plan.  I could be wrong, but since there will be ads, we should be fine.  However, I’m not sure what the availability is for everyone to get it though.

My whole issue is that it requires the premier plan and that it’s going to have commercials. The whole reason steaming services started was to get away from commercials and the cable business model. Now NBC and ND want us to pay for subscription to have commercials shown to us in order to watch a football game. I haven’t missed a game in decades and I will not be supporting this at all. If it was going to be commercial free or streamed through the free service I would be fine with it, but I am not paying so NBC can advertise to me.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

I also down loaded the app for the blue and gold and it is very easy. But from what I have read you’ll pay to view the Toledo  game. This is pretty standard now with these streaming services that you have to pay extra to watch some shows.

• Flames (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, gindie said:

Straight from the Peacock FAQ:

Please note: Notre Dame football is not available with the Free plan

😑  Whatevs.  Then I’ll pay $4.99, watch the game, and then go back to the free plan or cancel.  Let’s be serious, those that are going to boycott and not watch, I highly doubt it will make a difference.  You’ll be the only ones losing out while Notre Dame and Peacock go laughing all the way to the bank…just saying.

Edited by Baldy
  • Poo (-1) 1

11 hours ago, Baldy said:

😑  Whatevs.  Then I’ll pay $4.99, watch the game, and then go back to the free plan or cancel.  Let’s be serious, those that are going to boycott and not watch, I highly doubt it will make a difference.  You’ll be the only ones losing out while Notre Dame and Peacock go laughing all the way to the bank…just saying.

I won’t be losing out. I will find something better and more productive to do with my time than be nickel and dimed to watch boys play a sport. I’ll actually go be productive and do something rather than sitting on a couch for 3 and half hours paying to be advertised too

5 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I won’t be losing out. I will find something better and more productive to do with my time than be nickel and dimed to watch boys play a sport. I’ll actually go be productive and do something rather than sitting on a couch for 3 and half hours paying to be advertised too

👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1

It’s Toledo. If I can’t watch it live I won’t put much effort into watching  it afterwards. They want to do this, then good luck. Put on a crappy game and  get crappy ratings. I’ve found that Nd football or better yet, all sport- is no longer a must in my household. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Flames (+1) 1

22 hours ago, coltssb said:

It’s Toledo. If I can’t watch it live I won’t put much effort into watching  it afterwards. They want to do this, then good luck. Put on a crappy game and  get crappy ratings. I’ve found that Nd football or better yet, all sport- is no longer a must in my household. 

Yeah, kids kinda did that to me.  ND is a priority unless they don't even try like they did that one year with Kizer.  I moved on with life that year.  Other than ND, golf is about it on the television these days...  Too much bs with most other sports these days where it's not even fun to watch.

• Flames (+1) 1

This really is a middle finger to ND fans.....its a game with very little mass interest.....ND vs Toledo is not a game that generates  enthusiasm....so the ONLY real interest is from us....lets fleece the ND faithful for a little extra  ,  pretty  damn lame,,,,i like listening to the radio broadcasts so screw em,,,,,

aloha

• Like (+1) 2
  • Cheers (+1) 1

On 8/8/2021 at 8:20 PM, NDhoosier said:

the full game will be condensed on youtube shortly after anyway.

Yeah, I've become more and more of a fan of the condensed replays. Nice watching the game without commercials. And the final 2 minutes of the game only takes 2 minutes to watch!

For me, not a big thing to miss the Toledo game.

Well here is the deal NBC is pitching  use code NOTREDAME and get the month for $2.50 vs $4.99  for three months. 

Still not a fan of paying extra for the game and watching the condensed version will probably be my preferred option as I’m sure work will have me busy with 20 yr anniversary events for Sept 11.  

image.thumb.png.54e4760ed45d6fc3aa992275567422a9.png

To those complaining, while I agree 100%, at least they're doing it for Toledo.  Not for nothing, but I would be way more pissed if this was for Wisconsin, USC, or NC.   I agree it sucks to lose out on the home opener but I would rather not miss out on the bigger games.  

Also, just for clarification on this whole fiasco, I have been a cord cutter for a few years now.  I stream everything via Fire Stick.  In past seasons I watched all of my ND games on NBC Sports Network app(or Fox/ESPN/CBS apps based on the televised channel) while logged into a shared cable subscription log in.  Will the cable log in work to give me "premium" access or is the premium access strictly within the app itself?  Regardless, I guess I'll have to get the Peacock app because from what I remember reading a few months ago the NBCSN app will be canceled in favor of Peacock.  I'll have to check it out, haven't tried loading it in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

7 day free trial. Will do same thing I did for the Air Force game many years ago. Start service on Friday and kill it on Sunday.

Glad I'm married otherwise I'd have 300/month worth of subscriptions.. Will probably do the same and put this on her to do list. So complete BS. I hope CBS or Fox picks UND up when this deal is done. I'm tired of the booth shit. Mayock then Flutie? Two obvious anti-ND guys calling the games.. 

I'm fine with Drew Brees until he proves otherwise.. I even liked Pat Haden, but it's like NBC doesn't even care.