NIL has officially started today July 1

I find the piece about Ga'Quincy McKinstry interesting. He is selling an NFT that comes with admission to a Bama home game from his personal tickets. That doesn't sound like NIL to me, that sounds like scalping tickets.

5 hours ago, coltssb said:

Sooooo....Boosters can pay players as long as it's not for college sports performances.  Huh?..Yeah...this is going to blow up miraculously in everyone's faces.  

yup... Who would have thought that allowing players to get paid would get out of hand?

Oh that's right, those of us who said college students should not get paid... Scalping tickets, who cares, mega corporate deals, just another day in paradise. No way this will get out of hand. 🤣

6 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

yup... Who would have thought that allowing players to get paid would get out of hand?

Oh that's right, those of us who said college students should not get paid... Scalping tickets, who cares, mega corporate deals, just another day in paradise. No way this will get out of hand. 🤣

They can hire agents too. Not long before Roc Nation and Jay Z-Drew Rosenhaus and company are licking their lips to get in on this. You’re also going to have situations and Ponzi schemes like the one in Miami in the late 80’s. But who cares. Now it’s legal and everyone can cheat legally!  

ND should have bigger pocket books than most so selfishly I think this helps ND.

I assume this levels the playing field to some degree. I.e. Schools that tried to keep it on the down low compared to cash In McDonald’s bags. 

That said, the rich will get richer and will only widen the gap between the top and everyone else.

It’s going to be like the wild Wild West for a while on this stuff. I also wonder if this will create a riff in locker rooms. Star plays making bank, driving nice cars, having nice things and everyone else in the same locker room.

I do think college plays should get a cut of the billions they generate but this “free agency” on money is going to be nuts.

• 1 month later...

This a far cry from Swarbrick threatening to join the ivy league if the NIL passed.. 

As long as they can find a way to get back into the college football video game I'm happy. I haven't played my x box since mid pandemic with my racing setup. 

Edited by JTennant