• Join Domer Domain

:lepreachaun: Join our community & be a part of the conversation. 

2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

3 minutes ago, JeffV said:

It should be a fairly wide open QB competition in spring.  The least naturally talented QB (presumably) has the most experience.  The highest ceiling guy will be an 18 y.o. fresh out of high school.  But the position group is better no matter what (and should be again next year).

And ya never know on that portal guy.  Opens Dec 5th for underclassmen as I understand it.  I do wonder if someone wouldn't transfer out, too.  I could see any of them (except Powlus) entering the portal, but probably not until the spring window.  Rebuilding every year might be the new normal with the transfer rules.

I don't see a middle of the road guy coming in to provide meaningful depth, but Minchey surprised me.

I'd imagine ND would most likely look for a graduate transfer ala Jack Coan.  A veteran who can step right in presumably.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'd imagine ND would most likely look for a graduate transfer ala Jack Coan.  A veteran who can step right in presumably.

Yeah, for sure they'll look.  We handle business Saturday and it might just be intriguing enough to get some interest.

• Leprechaun 1

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Pyne graduates, goodbye.  Buchner transfers, goodbye.  Not sure what they do with Angeli in this situation though.

Buchner likely stays. He can graduate with one more year and his sister is joining the soccer team next year. Just makes sense to stay one more considering he has 3 years left. 

44 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Buchner likely stays. He can graduate with one more year and his sister is joining the soccer team next year. Just makes sense to stay one more considering he has 3 years left. 

I didn't know that about his sister.  

16 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Let’s hope we don’t get a replay of Tommy Rees’ sister

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

16 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Early signing day is Dec 21-23. The remaining prospects should announce then or just prior. In a month, this class will either be complete or ND will be search for a player or two to fill. 

What are the announcement days for 

Kaleb Smith

Brandyn Hillman

Khalid Barnes

Chris Terek

Thats the 4 guys we have left as far as I know

21 minutes ago, golson5 said:

What are the announcement days for 

Kaleb Smith

Brandyn Hillman

Khalid Barnes

Chris Terek

Thats the 4 guys we have left as far as I know

Early signing period

Dec. 7

Dec. 16

Early signing period** (exception might be a new coach at Wisconsin and him visiting them again)

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Early signing period

Dec. 7

Dec. 16

Early signing period** (exception might be a new coach at Wisconsin and him visiting them again)

I assume all four would be a take at this point?

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Early signing day is Dec 21-23. The remaining prospects should announce then or just prior. In a month, this class will either be complete or ND will be search for a player or two to fill. 

i could see them looking at people who dont sign as awell and kicking the tires. 

The QB recruiting is all of a sudden looking so much better, with Minchey coming in now and Carr set for next year. That’s a pretty good job on the recruiting side of things. 

Also, I’m not writing off Buchner so quickly. Harry Hiestand has the O line playing so much better now than the first few games of the season. Let’s see what Buchner can do with a stellar O line and the running game we’re featuring now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

ISD has a crystal ball out for a new ND commit.

Anyone know whom that might be?

Heard it was a kid out of Kansas, Kent or something.  Plays pretty weak competition.  Pretty good athlete really strong and can take hits as well as lay the lumber.  Heard he flies cause he's so fast.  Has pretty good vision to boot.

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

3 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Heard it was a kid out of Kansas, Kent or something.  Plays pretty weak competition.  Pretty good athlete really strong and can take hits as well as lay the lumber.  Heard he flies cause he's so fast.  Has pretty good vision to boot.

Loy has a CB in for a 2024 OT out of MA Guerby Lambert, maybe that's it?

3 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

That’s hilarious!  Too subtle for some, but I got you 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

lego batman GIF

• Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1