2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 hour ago, jessemoore97 said:

Probably because we don't have butt whipping machines in every stall, hookers and blow, valets and doormen who hand money to you instead of the inverse, Geek Squad on hand to handle homework and tests, and so forth.  Yes we are behind every serious football factory out there...

We had all of those things for the students living in Grace Hall when I was there a loooonggg time ago. 

What's changed?

(okay, Geek Squad didn't exist back then, but finding a way around homework and tests has never been that hard, really)

3 hours ago, irishwavend said:

I don’t get it…pretty sure we have great facilities…

ND doesnt relative to other top 20 schools. For example their team meals are in a recruiting lounge, not a dedicated space. They had great facilities when it opened, but not currently. They have average facilities. 

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

We had all of those things for the students living in Grace Hall when I was there a loooonggg time ago. 

What's changed?

(okay, Geek Squad didn't exist back then, but finding a way around homework and tests has never been that hard, really)

We also had pizzas from Sarge’s in the basement of Grace….

47 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

I guess, but it seems pretty sourced by just going to Google…I’m not gonna be a Nazi about linking for info that is readily available…

374B2720-6AD4-42E8-9695-AAAD1791362D.jpeg

Watch the tone.  Again, if a person can leave a simple vague "he decomitted" comment then the least they can do is copy and post the link to the source they found the info.  This isn't rocket science.  @Big23Head makes all of these wonderful threads with tweets and confirmed information via valid credible sources.  The least we can do for him is source a damn comment to add valid information to his threads so he then doesn't have to go out and do it himself.  It was never about me wanting to see the information.  Its about improving post habits and providing more information.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Watch the tone.  Again, if a person can leave a simple vague "he decomitted" comment then the least they can do is copy and post the link to the source they found the info.  This isn't rocket science.  @Big23Head makes all of these wonderful threads with tweets and confirmed information via valid credible sources.  The least we can do for him is source a damn comment to add valid information to his threads so he then doesn't have to go out and do it himself.  It was never about me wanting to see the information.  Its about improving post habits and providing more information.

Look, some people work and are on here leisurely. I saw it on my phone and just did a quick post so some folks can do there OWN research. I’ve been here long enough that people know I don’t blow smoke. If you’re a moderator than maybe you should have more ND insider info?  
Also-I’m not in college anymore. I don’t need to cite anything….

51 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Look, some people work and are on here leisurely. I saw it on my phone and just did a quick post so some folks can do there OWN research. I’ve been here long enough that people know I don’t blow smoke. If you’re a moderator than maybe you should have more ND insider info?  

Dang.  Didn’t realize he was a moderator after joining DomerDomain 9 years after me.  Ha.  I’m getting old…

52 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

Dang.  Didn’t realize he was a moderator after joining DomerDomain 9 years after me.  Ha.  I’m getting old…

I just did a quick look at the profile. I’m completely ok with whoever is doing the work. Lord knows I don’t have the time. I just don’t want to be called out AFTER I apologized and cited where I got it from. 

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

2 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I just did a quick look at the profile. I’m completely ok with whoever is doing the work. Lord knows I don’t have the time. I just don’t want to be called out AFTER I apologized and cited where I got it from. 

I am working as I type this.  Pretty much the only time I am on here is when I am working since I don't have much time at home.  You don't need to take this as a personal attack.  We are just trying to improve the posting habits on here.  Making the experience better for all involved.  Or would you rather leave all of the work for @Big23Head to do?  You saw something on your phone, that is great.  All we are asking for everyone to do is copy that link from wherever it was that it was seen and paste the link to your post when you come here "for a quick post".  It literally takes an extra 3-5 seconds to do.  Is that really so hard?

Also, being a moderator has nothing to do with having inside info.  Its knowing how to properly run a website.  No one is attacking you.  It was a reminder for all members.

58 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

So now helping to run a website requires me to be here longer than everyone else?  All of my prior experience on other boards doesn't matter because I happened to find this place after you did.  Got it.