2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

2 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Recruiting is a big part of being a great coach in college

True. So is having the best bagman in the business!  ND should start paying attention to these other guys. They seem to be the only ones playing by the rules.  And in this Wild West when there’s no governing board to crack them if they didn’t why are they so honorable at this point?

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

True. So is having the best bagman in the business!  ND should start paying attention to these other guys. They seem to be the only ones playing by the rules.  And in this Wild West when there’s no governing board to crack them if they didn’t why are they so honorable at this point?

Lots of bagmen out there.  I cant stand Bama or Saban but he's the best ever

1 hour ago, golson5 said:

Lots of bagmen out there.  I cant stand Bama or Saban but he's the best ever

Yeah I hear ATM has a good one too. 🙂  

sorry we can debate Saban in another thread I don’t want to hijack a good thread!

Irish needed someone who spelled Jaeden differentially than "Jaiden", "Jaden", "Jayden". Its interesting in that he would be at least the 9th player on the roster between the 2021, 2022 and 2023 classes with a similar name (if you count Jadarian Price and Jaylen Sneed)  🙂 

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/18525/new-notre-dame-offer-2023-ca-de-jaeden-moore

God bless Keon and his right to his decision.  Time for ND to start working the no loyalty situation both ways,  I'm done with this only recruiting 1 main guy like they did with D. Moore to show how committed they are to them.  Keep recruiting the absolute best players you can no matter what the situation is and if you have to part ways with a verbally committed player, so be it.  I would also start go after other schools 4 and 5 start verbal commits.  Look, it is what it is.  Having 1 way loyalty just screws your team in the end.  

• Heart 3

14 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Annnnnd Keon Keeley has de-committed.

Whatever…college football is becoming the biggest sports joke around. I honestly think this will be my last year watching….me thinks. 

4 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

ND needs to pony up more money in this environment…we have the donors…

I have heard that all (most?) ND players are getting at least $50K from the two NIL collectives which have been setup.  That helps but is not enough to offset seven figure deals for five star recruits.

I don't have inside information, but I heard that Keeley wanted to take some officials.  This situation feels like him clearing the deck to allow him to visit OSU for our game, Bama and maybe Florida.  Agree that some insiders feel he's long gone but others say ND will continue to push.

One consistent I've read is this is not related to anything ND did, so hopefully we can still pursue him.

We will probably hear more in a few weeks about how much the staff is still in contact with him, which will be telling.

3 hours ago, irishwavend said:

ND needs to pony up more money in this environment…we have the donors…

I think the main issue is the ND is doing it the intended/"right" way and doing NIL when players are on campus not guaranteeing money prior. The collectives do the prior stuff. I think ND can remain in the hunt but if it boils down to NIL Alabama will win. If this becomes a race of OSU, Alabama, and Florida with no ND then you 100% know it was NIL, its simple.

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

I think the main issue is the ND is doing it the intended/"right" way and doing NIL when players are on campus not guaranteeing money prior. The collectives do the prior stuff. I think ND can remain in the hunt but if it boils down to NIL Alabama will win. If this becomes a race of OSU, Alabama, and Florida with no ND then you 100% know it was NIL, its simple.

I think I'd throw in there that perhaps an uncle might receive something for delivering his nephew as well.