2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

48 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I don’t think there are any current prospects that are ND leans. ND is probably top 2 for a couple. They need to hold the current class and go win some football games. 

Yup. 

I think we're still in it for Love, but maybe fading. Definitely fading for Hanafin.

M'Pemba seems to be all over the place. My gut says the SEC or Canes. He's from the MW originally, so who knows. I'd love to have him given his elite traits, but his position history has boom or bust written all over it. 

And I think a ton of focus is likely on getting Minchey to simply take a visit. 

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

That's an Irish kid from Boston. Maybe the glare would be too bright when he comes for Christmas. Going to Clemson is a break from what I'm sure 90% of his family would be pushing for.

9zyTBV.gif

I got a cousin from Boston. He likes the beach 🙂

19 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Based on the Chansi tagging in the tweet, likly as a WR vs a DB, which probably speaks volumes about Hanafin 

I would think so. Oddly, Although competition looked weak, Lyons seemed to have that extra gear and long stride. It also looked to me that he exploded fairly quickly. Might be a steal…

11 hours ago, coltssb said:

I would think so. Oddly, Although competition looked weak, Lyons seemed to have that extra gear and long stride. It also looked to me that he exploded fairly quickly. Might be a steal…

I posted a nice stop and go route up above from him. 

Of course, need to see more than that, but he totally left that dude's jock on the ground at the ESPN 300 camp.

Sounds like Keeley is setting up officials, which according to ND, means he’s no longer considered a commit.

I’d say the chance of him sticking are slim, which makes me feel shaky about other kids sticking when you lose the best kid in your class.

• Heart 1

Just now, SDIrishFan said:

Sounds like Keeley is setting up officials, which according to ND, means he’s no longer considered a commit.

I’d say the chance of him sticking are slim, which makes me feel shaky about other kids sticking when you lose the best kid in your class.

I dont see it affecting anyone.  He's not a QB. 

Keeley and Bowen are the two that we have to worry about

2 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Yup. Said he said something like "I can't speak to my favorites, but at this exact moment, I'm committed to ND" or something close.

I wouldn't say "slim" just yet, but it's not been heading in a positive direction. 

So long as we have a good year, not worried about a mass exodus, even if he leaves. If he does bolt, perhaps we become more attractive to Pemba. 

If both Keeley and Bowen leave, that would be harsh. Either would hurt our current average, which I prefer over total points or general ranking. 

I think Keeley is special. A Tuitt/Lynch type of impact. He also has the grades and connections to ND but this sounds like other people may have gotten involved and now its going to be hard to keep him. I do think that if ND plays the way they are capable on D this year they can get a high end player to "replace" him and it really is a must moving forward. ND needs to come out swinging Sept. 3rd. 

• Heart 1

So Saban talks about Jimbo but has his bagman, I mean NIL, as the first one to meat a recruit. 
Greatest my butt. The man has the greatest players year in and year out. Most of the time all he has to do is sit in the sidelines and look stupid and his teams are going going to win. Yes…sour grapes at that phony. 

4 minutes ago, coltssb said:

So Saban talks about Jimbo but has his bagman, I mean NIL, as the first one to meat a recruit. 
Greatest my butt. The man has the greatest players year in and year out. Most of the time all he has to do is sit in the sidelines and look stupid and his teams are going going to win. Yes…sour grapes at that phony. 

Recruiting is a big part of being a great coach in college