2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

41 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I don't plan to try to hijack this thread.  Just had a comment that relates to recruiting and the status of football.  I won't bring that up again here.

I get it. I was halfway through my own comment before deleting it and posting that suggestion. Cheers!

27 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

Funny thing, I was just reading up on Keon and Alabama and remembered why I stopped following recruiting closely years ago. Too much darn stress. Kudos to you guys who are able to keep up on the day to day without feeling ill.

Way back in '06, Chris Donald and Ben Martin spurned ND and committed to the Vols. Both were legit blue chips and I was so pissed, it ruined a day of vacation my wife and were on. I just had a foul mood all day. 
The silver lining is that every time ND takes a blow on the recruiting trail, I can think of Ben Martin and Chris Donald and how they were absolute busts. 90% of the time, it chills me out every time.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, soulpatch said:

Way back in '06, Chris Donald and Ben Martin spurned ND and committed to the Vols. Both were legit blue chips and I was so pissed, it ruined a day of vacation my wife and were on. I just had a foul mood all day. 
The silver lining is that every time ND takes a blow on the recruiting trail, I can think of Ben Martin and Chris Donald and how they were absolute busts. 90% of the time, it chills me out every time.

Man I remember the same reaction to Blake Barnett and look how he turned out. Good perspective to take

I've backed off on closely following the top guys. It is just reality that things will go until the very end with most top guys and with today's media it is not worth following every comment. The ND staff is doing everything they can too, so it really will be up to the player and not lack of effort.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

8 hours ago, soulpatch said:

Thanks for the good advice and the Anchorman callback.