2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

5 minutes ago, D Fence said:

This is a few days old, but for those wondering about the Baylor QB commit who's interested in ND pushing for him, below is an article.

It will be interesting to see if we push depending on what happens with Dante.

https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.com/2022/06/28/report-baylor-2023-quarterback-commit-is-interested-in-notre-dame/

I think the timing will fail personally. He is an A&M legacy, they offered and now it seems his interest is high on them. Unless a visit happens very soon, I don't think anything happens.

Updated commitment timelines:

MO RB Jeremiyah Love: Summer/Fall

TX WR Jaden Greathouse: Summer

MA WR Ronan Hanafin: Summer

MD DL Jason Moore: Summer, July

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry: Fall/Winter, December

FL LB Samuel M'Pemba: Fall/Winter

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Greathouse is now July 15th. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Big23Head said:

Also, FWIW

Good luck to Avery. I hope he really proves the doubters of the world wrong. These kids get national attention whether they want it or NOT. @Big23Head does an outstanding job of following all these stories. Thank you Big for the wonderful way you understand that all these kids are someone's son before a  star  football player.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Big23Head said:

DL. Not sure that anything happened. OSU just win a close battle I think. ND seems to struggle with DeMatha for some reason. 

Wonder if the highschool coach has a bug up his rear about ND? 

36 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Wonder if the highschool coach has a bug up his rear about ND? 

If I remember right, it seemed that Kelly ignored DeMatha and never visited even though other coaches like Saban went there on at least an annual basis.

Also, Ohio St has had a pretty good track record of putting DL into the NFL so not totally unexpected that it would be a tough battle.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:42 AM, Synoptico said:

Will be interesting to see if/when and at what position the staff starts expanding the board

I’m curious on this too. The “big board” at this point is really only a handful of guys, all Of which ND has a good shot at.

So maybe they aren’t concerned with expanding the board as it probably puts them close to the 25 they want. And they can focus on just keeping the class together and move on to ‘24 kids.

Crazy considering we’re only in July.

Ironically we don't do too well with DeMatha in hoops either, and Brey is from there.  But different topic for another thread.

It sounds like the other guys we pursue at DL will be in '24.  But also M'Pemba can play a number of positions, including Vyper, so if we could land him that may be our guy.

31 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

I’m curious on this too. The “big board” at this point is really only a handful of guys, all Of which ND has a good shot at.

So maybe they aren’t concerned with expanding the board as it probably puts them close to the 25 they want. And they can focus on just keeping the class together and move on to ‘24 kids.

Crazy considering we’re only in July.

Also have to remember, coaches will be fired and players will be looking. Im curious/anxious on how flipping season is this year, both to and away from ND

On 7/5/2022 at 2:23 PM, Big23Head said:

Seems like ND will land Greathouse and Hanafin soon. Moore is likely OSU. No idea on Love - seems like ND is at the top, but Michigan and Alabama are right there. If Bama lands Richard Young, maybe that pushes Love to ND. Ausberry seems to have ND on top. M'Pemba - check back in October/November.

Dante Moore likely to Oregon. Should know about CJ Carr reclassifying - one way or the other - in the next month or so.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Also have to remember, coaches will be fired and players will be looking. Im curious/anxious on how flipping season is this year, both to and away from ND

For sure.

and some kids will come out of nowhere their senior years and warrant a look, especially with COVID restrictions the past two years.

2 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Seems like ND will land Greathouse and Hanafin soon. Moore is likely OSU. No idea on Love - seems like ND is at the top, but Michigan and Alabama are right there. If Bama lands Richard Young, maybe that pushes Love to ND. Ausberry seems to have ND on top. M'Pemba - check back in October/November.

Dante Moore likely to Oregon. Should know about CJ Carr reclassifying - one way or the other - in the next month or so.

Going 3 for 6 on that list seems likely. That puts us at 21. Not sure who We go after for the other 3 to 4 slots.

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

Going 3 for 6 on that list seems likely. That puts us at 21. Not sure who We go after for the other 3 to 4 slots.

I'd love for them to take a 5th WR but they likely won't do that.  They will probably look to wait for 2024 and land a few WR more studs, which I respect.

2 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Looks like D Moore is committing on Friday now.  Will be interesting to see how quickly ND moves to find another QB for 23 or we hear about CJ reclassifying. 

• Cheers 1