2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

I wrote in another thread that Oregon was said to have offered Moore 1.3 million. But you’re right, who knows anymore. 

Im sure he has been offered more by other schools; Rashada (consistently ranked lower than Dante) got a $9+ million NIL deal. By today's market, Dante Moore could easily be worth $6+ million. I'm just saying $1.3 million is not that much (in comparison) and IF (still a big IF) he commits to Oregon this summer, I think ND still goes after him and has a shot.

Miami has been named the leader at one point
LSU has been named the leader at one point
A&M was never named the leader, but an insider said they wouldnt be surprised if they got Moore

I think Moore's heart is at ND, but people around him are trying to influence him and some of the bad rumors (made up by ND fans who are impatient) going around have been used against ND by those very people.

Edited by NDhoosier

19 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Im sure he has been offered more by other schools; Rashada (consistently ranked lower than Dante) got a $9+ million NIL deal. By today's market, Dante Moore could easily be worth $6+ million. I'm just saying $1.3 million is not that much (in comparison) and IF (still a big IF) he commits to Oregon this summer, I think ND still goes after him and has a shot.

A&M was never named the leader, but an insider said they wouldnt be surprised if they got Moore

I think Moore's heart is at ND, but people around him are trying to influence him and some of the bad rumors (made up by ND fans who are impatient) going around have been used against ND by those very people.

I don't envy the kids having to make these decisions. I mean, I envy the millions of dollars of NIL money, the insane athletic talent, the free ride to a college of their choice, their lack of male pattern baldness... but I don't envy them having to navigate the waters of current NIL and college admissions. The sands will likely continue to shift, I can't imagine it is going to stay this wild west where a booster can blatantly pay 6M plus dollars for a player to come to the school. But then who knows?

53 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I dont think his heart is anywhere. Thats not a bad thing. I didnt have my heart set on a school either. I think a lot of fans assume kids grow up with dream schools or have their hearts set places. Most kids these days are a fan of athletes first and teams second. Look at the NBA. lots of younger people are fans of lebron, durant etc and want whatever team they are on to suceed. 

11 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I don't think flipping high end QBs happens as often as you think unless there was a coaching change.  I'd love to get a blue chip every year, we should take a QB every year regardless.  Besides there are a plethora of reasons why we don't try or have difficulty doing so.  One biggie IMO is our offense isn't very exciting, and we haven't had a premier QB who got better every year and was highly drafted.  Maybe that changes with MF.

I would be calling Jackson Arnold the minute Moore says no. He was begging them to take him in the Feb 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

ND didn’t make the top 4 for Wagoner, is this expected? I thought he had some legit interest in the Irish.

He really liked his Cal visit. Not sure if ND was pushing or not, they have a numbers game in the secondary with this class. Surprised they didn't make the top 4, but maybe he just didn't like South Bend. Maybe ND filled up at CB. Reports were positive though, my gut says this was more on ND unless something really changed when he got home.

Edited by Big23Head

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

He really liked his Cal visit. Not sure if ND was pushing or not, they have a numbers game in the secondary with this class. Surprised they didn't make the top 4, but maybe he just didn't like South Bend. Maybe ND filled up at CB. Reports were positive though, my gut says this was more on ND unless something really changed when he got home.

If he ends up at Cal or Oregon I will be unsurprised. South Bend is far from the west coast in every way.

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

For those that remember the calm discussions about Jackson Arnold over the last year

I missed whatever drama surrounded the discussion but I will say that wispy mustache of his belongs at OU more than a broken down El Camino belongs on Backcountry Brian Kelly’s lawn.

1 hour ago, EddieAngel said:

I missed whatever drama surrounded the discussion but I will say that wispy mustache of his belongs at OU more than a broken down El Camino belongs on Backcountry Brian Kelly’s lawn.

Maybe he shoulda signed up for our baseball team…their staches made them look like they were coaching staff at Purdue…

• Laughing Leprechaun 1