2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

He’s going to have a hell of a time selling LSU to top players in the south when Saban, Fisher, Smart, etc are leading the recruiting efforts for their schools and he decides to jump in when he feels like it

Much like ND, he will do well with the kids pre-disposed of going to LSU, which is still some very high level talent. Will also be interesting if LSU's NIL game can help minimize his other recruiting weaknesses. 

• Cheers 1

Not sure where to put this. But this is friging stupid. Jaden Rashada is reportedly going to make 9.5 million NIL deal with Miami. 
Our society grows dumber by the minute. 
Also hearing Moore will get 1.3 million from Oregon. 

12 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Not sure where to put this. But this is friging stupid. Jaden Rashada is reportedly going to make 9.5 million NIL deal with Miami. 

I can’t wait until these boosters are carrying the bag for multiple NIL flops and teams are coming back asking for more money…

or these boosters are telling which coaches should play to get a ROI

11 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

I can’t wait until these boosters are carrying the bag for multiple NIL flops and teams are coming back asking for more money…

or these boosters are telling which coaches should play to get a ROI

That last part is just it. Who’s will actually be coaching in the future. Some booster says, if I’m paying a guy 9.5 million you better be starting him from day one. 
Even if the kids is complete shit compared to someone else on the team. I’m so glad I got out of coaching a long time ago. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, coltssb said:

That last part is just it. Who’s will actually be coaching in the future. Some booster says, if I’m paying a guy 9.5 million you better be starting him from day one. 
Even if the kids is complete shit compared to someone else on the team. I’m so glad I got out of coaching a long time ago. 

but but but, "they are getting their cut of the pie...."

10 hours ago, coltssb said:
  1. Not sure where to put this. 
  2. Our society grows dumber by the minute. 
  1. You should create a dedicated thread
  2. If sponsorship dollars in college football recruiting registers on the list of "problems that are most significantly contributing to societal decay" then things are a lot better off here than I had thought
Edited by soulpatch

Couple notes: Sounds like Micah Tease will announce in July. No clue who he picks, I would go with USC as of today unless ND is 100% willing to try him at WR. Tweet below from Love, will be interesting to see if he takes it into fall.

Posted (edited)

Updated commitment timelines and Predictions:

MI QB Dante Moore: Summer, I think, OREGON

FL RB Richard Young: Possibly summer, DON'T KNOW

MO RB Jeremiyah Love: Possibly summer, might go into fall, ND but tight

TX WR Jaden Greathouse: Summer, ND

CA WR Rico Flores: Summer, July 3, ND

MA WR Ronan Hanafin: Summer, ND

SC OL Monroe Freeling: Fall, DON'T KNOW/ELSEWHERE

IL OL Charles Jagusah: Summer, ND

MD DL Jason Moore: Summer, July, ND but close

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry: Fall/Winter, December, TOO EARLY

FL LB Samuel M'Pemba: Fall/Winter, TOO EARLY

MO CB Christian Gray: Summer, July 4, ND

TX CB Micah Bell: Summer, July 1, ND

WA CB Jasiah Wagoner: Summer, ND if he leaves the west and likely depends on Downs

GA S Caleb Downs: Summer, ELSEWHERE

OK ATH Micah Tease: Summer, July, DON'T KNOW but I lean USC today, I could see ND

**No matter what, a ton of information will be known in the next 4-5 weeks.

Edited by Big23Head
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Couple notes: Sounds like Micah Tease will announce in July. No clue who he picks, I would go with USC as of today unless ND is 100% willing to try him at WR. Tweet below from Love, will be interesting to see if he takes it into fall.

Any chance ND is encouraging him to wait if they think they are a big player for Young?

13 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Any chance ND is encouraging him to wait if they think they are a big player for Young?

I would say no. ND was on Love very early and finally convinced Young much later so the odds are much better with Love. 

17 minutes ago, BrianKellyWasNotTheMan said:

So are we just completely giving up after another QB? 

No, not yet. Carr may reclassify, but the timing of everything QB related in 2023 was coincidentally awful. ND should have gone with Vizzina. I will post my opinion/thoughts when the 2023 QB board cleans up officially. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BrianKellyWasNotTheMan said:

Also, everything goes well we should have 5 new commits by this time next week? 

As of now, this should be correct

6/29 - Williams (2024)
6/30 - Jagusah
7/1 - Bell
7/3 - Flores
7/4 - Gray

Need to fill 7/2…Hanafin, J. Moore, Greathouse, who wants it?

Snow Winter GIF

American GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Big23Head
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

On 6/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, coltssb said:

This has been going on forever within the SEC and urban meyer type run programs.  Only difference is now its legal for everyone which is going to dilute the talent to those programs.  Nd will never recruit this way so I think it is an advantage to all of college football.  

7 hours ago, Big23Head said:

No, not yet. Carr may reclassify, but the timing of everything QB related in 2023 was coincidentally awful. ND should have gone with Vizzina. I will post my opinion/thoughts when the 2023 QB board cleans up officially. 

Why can’t we flip a QB every other school flips players why can’t we? 

1 hour ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Why can’t we flip a QB every other school flips players why can’t we? 

I don't think flipping high end QBs happens as often as you think unless there was a coaching change.  I'd love to get a blue chip every year, we should take a QB every year regardless.  Besides there are a plethora of reasons why we don't try or have difficulty doing so.  One biggie IMO is our offense isn't very exciting, and we haven't had a premier QB who got better every year and was highly drafted.  Maybe that changes with MF.

34 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Don't give up on Dante Moore just yet... there have been many perceived leaders for Moore this year.

Moore, followed a year later by Carr?  Hey, if Texas can land Manning the year after getting Ewers, maybe anything's possible.

59 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Don't give up on Dante Moore just yet... there have been many perceived leaders for Moore this year.

I wrote in another thread that Oregon was said to have offered Moore 1.3 million. But you’re right, who knows anymore.