2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Things have gone very well this weekend. There will be more updates. There will be commits from this weekend. 

Do you think we get anyone not that was kinda expected like Gray, Hanafin, Flores

Do we land anyone outside of that group

I forgot Moore was here as well. We have a good shot with him too 

Edited by golson5

3 hours ago, irishwavend said:

On the scale of me versus team, he seems to be more on the “me” side, which is not a bad thing, but it seems that Carr is more on the team side.  He’s enthralled with Notre Dame, itself, whereas it’s more of a business decision for Dante meaning he doesn’t have the same attachment necessarily.  But, I said it was potentially a problem…we know that once kids get to ND, a lot of them fall in love…tho not all.  Carr’s love seems guaranteed.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush…Carr’s our bird in the hand.

Moore is still very much in play.  He loves ND.  From everything that I have heard and read, Carr's guidance around him guided him in a way that allowed him to see everything he wanted and make the choice that HE felt was best for him.  No pressure was put on Carr to go certain places.    Moore has some guidance around him that may not necessarily be looking out for his best interests.  Let's leave it at that.  

I think we have to be careful judging these kids.  They have many outside forces in their ear that aren't always on the up and up.  It has to be very stressful picking and knowing who they can trust and who they can't.  

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Do you think we get anyone not that was kinda expected like Gray, Hanafin, Flores

Do we land anyone outside of that group

I forgot Moore was here as well. We have a good shot with him too 

I think ND has/had a legitimate shot with every player on campus. Caleb Downs likely the longest shot, but I think they’ve done everything possible to land him and there’s a shot. That said, you cannot blame him for picking Georgia or Alabama given the track record for nfl production. The next 3 weeks are huge. 

45 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I think ND has/had a legitimate shot with every player on campus. Caleb Downs likely the longest shot, but I think they’ve done everything possible to land him and there’s a shot. That said, you cannot blame him for picking Georgia or Alabama given the track record for nfl production. The next 3 weeks are huge. 

I hope they are able to close on a few kids and get them to shut down their visits like what they did with Paige.  A lot of these kids have more visits after this weekend, so hopefully they closed on a few of them.

2 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

I’m ready to commit right now, no need to wait.  If they need an unathletic middle aged man with boatloads of intangibles, just send me that offer

Hope they plan on taking at least two of those this cycle.

5 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Certainly understand but still kinda surprised its been crickets following the weekend

It was a great success overall. Every report was positive and now it is really wait and see. There are a ton of upcoming visits to ND and other places that most prospects will take. The exceptions so far were Jordan Hall to MSU and Elijah Paige to ND. I think after the June 24th weekend visits several prospects will announce as scheduled in early July and there will be a few more that go into decision mode to decide before school starts. I would say right now there are 7 players set to announce in that timeframe. 

4 hours ago, Big23Head said:

It was a great success overall. Every report was positive and now it is really wait and see. There are a ton of upcoming visits to ND and other places that most prospects will take. The exceptions so far were Jordan Hall to MSU and Elijah Paige to ND. I think after the June 24th weekend visits several prospects will announce as scheduled in early July and there will be a few more that go into decision mode to decide before school starts. I would say right now there are 7 players set to announce in that timeframe. 

So out of the 8 uncommitted official visitors from this weekend, only 2 of them announce around July 4th - Gray and Flores, correct?

Among the others, I don't think any of them have set an announcement date other than maybe Hanafin who is in the "some time before the season" timeframe.

Everyone else (including Gray (USC), Flores (OSU) and Hanafin (Bama) still has upcoming visits: Jason Moore, Downs, Freeling and Tease.  I can't recall if Ausberry visited Auburn yet or if that's upcoming.

Posted (edited)

Another huge weekend for ND both at ND and with prospects on the road visiting other places. The ND verbal visitors might adjust but otherwise all should be in line. 

ND Official Visitors (June 17)

MO RB Jeremiyah Love [Offer]

TX WR Jaden Greathouse [Offer]

TX CB Micah Bell [Offer]

WA CB Jasiah Wagoner [Offer]

CA TE Cooper Flanagan [ND Verbal]

KS OL Joe Otting [ND Verbal]

OH DL Brenan Vernon [ND Verbal]

MA DL Boubacar Traore [ND Verbal]

ND Targets Visiting Elsewhere (June 17)

FL RB Richard Young [Georgia]

CA WR Rico Flores [Georgia]

MA WR Ronan Hanafin [Nebraska]

IL OL Charles Jagusah [Michigan]

SC OL Monroe Freeling [Florida]

MD DL Jason Moore [Michigan]

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry [A&M]

MO CB Christian Gray [USC]

OK CB Micah Tease [USC]

GA S Caleb Downs [Alabama]

ND Official Visitors (June 19)

IL OL Charles Jagusah [Offer]

Edited by Big23Head

5 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Another huge weekend for ND both at ND and with prospects on the road visiting other places. The ND verbal visitors might adjust but otherwise all should be in line. 

ND Official Visitors (June 17)

MO RB Jeremiyah Love [Offer]

TX WR Jaden Greathouse [Offer]

TX CB Micah Bell [Offer]

WA CB Jasiah Wagoner [Offer]

CA TE Cooper Flanagan [ND Verbal]

KS OL Joe Otting [ND Verbal]

OH DL Brenan Vernon [ND Verbal]

MA DL Boubacar Traore [ND Verbal]

IN LB Drayk Bowen [ND Verbal]

ND Targets Visiting Elsewhere (June 17)

FL RB Richard Young [Georgia]

CA WR Rico Flores [Georgia]

MA WR Ronan Hanafin [Nebraska]

IL OL Charles Jagusah [Michigan]

SC OL Monroe Freeling [Florida]

MD DL Jason Moore [Michigan]

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry [A&M]

MO CB Christian Gray [USC]

OK CB Micah Tease [USC]

GA S Caleb Downs [Alabama]

ND Official Visitors (June 19)

IL OL Charles Jagusah [Offer]

Anyone have any info how Hanafin's visit went? Look at his offer list. He may be a three star but he will easily be a 4* when he is done. He is a tremendous athlete. Super pumped for him to potentially come into our program.  

I have no insider information and I wouldn’t bet money on anything. But from reading other recruiting sites, my “educated” guess is the next two commitments will be Ronan Hanafin and Christian Gray. it will be fun to see how good my guess is!

5 hours ago, GRIMREAPER1270 said:

Anyone have any info how Hanafin's visit went? Look at his offer list. He may be a three star but he will easily be a 4* when he is done. He is a tremendous athlete. Super pumped for him to potentially come into our program.  

Think he said it was "awesome".  He came with Preston Zinter, who he's friends with, and they both has a great time. They also had the airport scene where Chad Bowden met them at the terminal and went ape shit in the airport while welcoming them.  The players loved it.

He does visit Bama next, and Saban is reportedly recruiting him personally, so that is a bit of a wildcard.  But most people think ND lands him after his last visit and as he gets into decision mode.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Bell, Flores, and Gray in that order. 

That would be really nice to lock down our CB recruiting (no pun intended) and maybe allow Tease to play WR, though I think he winds up at USC.