2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I’m sorry. I’m very dumb when it comes to NIL. Is “IPC” ND’s NIL. Or at least one of them?  

Yes, this one of the ND NIL collectives. For this one, you buy a non-fungible token (NFT) basically an electronic "baseball card" of a specially created leprechaun. They all cost the same but some are "rarer" than others. Your NFT acts like a ticket or pass to various ND related online and in-person events. Players participate in these events to some extent.

Supposedly 70% of revenue goes to current players.

I do not belong. I just read about it.

Edited by jbrown_9999

25 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Yes, this one of the ND NIL collectives. For this one, you buy a non-fungible token (NFT) basically an electronic "baseball card" of a specially created leprechaun. They all cost the same but some are "rarer" than others. Your NFT acts like a ticket or pass to various ND related online and in-person events. Players participate in these events to some extent.

Supposedly 70% of revenue goes to current players.

I do not belong. I just read about it.

Thank you. Very well articulated. 

hearing rumblings ND is moving on from Dante Moore and CJ Carr may reclassify to 2023 class. I am totally against both of these ideas. It seems Dante's father is not for his son going to N D. Parents ugh

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Wonder if this is the same player or a different player

Different. 

IPC is the NFT style set up by Mick Assaf and Co. They whole team makes money from it. 

Edit: my bad I missed all the replies haha so I doubled up

Edited by Big23Head

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Thank you. Very well articulated. 

I just looked at the IPC site.  All of their initial NFT offerings (over 5,000 of them) sold out.  Now they're available on the secondary market.  One I just looked at is currently available for $805.00.  I'm pretty sure that monies paid to purchase NFT's on the secondary market go to the owner of the NFT (the person who originally purchased the NFT from IPC) and not the players.  I'm not sure if you purchase one on the secondary market if you get any of the other benefits associated with purchasing the NFT from IPC initially.

17 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I just looked at the IPC site.  All of their initial NFT offerings (over 5,000 of them) sold out.  Now they're available on the secondary market.  One I just looked at is currently available for $805.00.  I'm pretty sure that monies paid to purchase NFT's on the secondary market go to the owner of the NFT (the person who originally purchased the NFT from IPC) and not the players.  I'm not sure if you purchase one on the secondary market if you get any of the other benefits associated with purchasing the NFT from IPC initially.

Pretty cool. Still way over my head on of I ever wanted to to something like this for myself. 

1 hour ago, Jburkdd12 said:

hearing rumblings ND is moving on from Dante Moore and CJ Carr may reclassify to 2023 class. I am totally against both of these ideas. It seems Dante's father is not for his son going to N D. Parents ugh

I don’t think we need him to reclassify because I doubt he would get that much playing time as a soon to be senior in highschool even if Buchner gets injured. Pyne would get the nod. Then probably Angeli would be my guess. Probably better to have that gap. 
Unless they have a shot at getting Sayin for the following year. Then, yeah…do it!

42 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I don’t think we need him to reclassify because I doubt he would get that much playing time as a soon to be senior in highschool even if Buchner gets injured. Pyne would get the nod. Then probably Angeli would be my guess. Probably better to have that gap. 
Unless they have a shot at getting Sayin for the following year. Then, yeah…do it!

What a QB room that would be...  Buchner, Angeli, Carr, and Sayin.  

I can't even imagine that would be possible in this day and age.  Someone would transfer.

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

I remember reading early on that since the secondary market is through their tool, a percentage of secondary sales also go to players. 

10 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

I remember reading early on that since the secondary market is through their tool, a percentage of secondary sales also go to players. 

Live look at me, a (perhaps soon-to-be former) technologist, trying to wrap my head around commercializing a non-fungible digital token. 

Math Wtf GIF

2 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

I think reclassifying is fine.  He is old enough to graduate next year...older than Dante Moore.  Is playin a year in high school better for his development or learning at ND while most expect Buchner to finish up his 2nd year as a starter.  If Buchner is NFL worthy after two years as the starter he is gone anyways.  If there are injuries the job is up for grabs etc.   I think enrolling in 2024 is more risk for ND as anything can happen with time.  

44 minutes ago, 1Redrum said:

I think reclassifying is fine.  He is old enough to graduate next year...older than Dante Moore.  Is playin a year in high school better for his development or learning at ND while most expect Buchner to finish up his 2nd year as a starter.  If Buchner is NFL worthy after two years as the starter he is gone anyways.  If there are injuries the job is up for grabs etc.   I think enrolling in 2024 is more risk for ND as anything can happen with time.  

esp in an ideal world, QBs dont stay for 5 years. So using the RS on the front end hopefully isnt really limiting time at ND

22 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Reminder that 99% of people dont have a dream school or go to it. Most high school students dont make a college decision until their senior year, which is a typical time frame. I cant blame the kid for wanting to explore his options. I also dont blame ND for keeping other options, That is the trade off. Unlike others who ND missed out on, it doesnt, at least to me, seem like Moore is playing games, ala some of the others that ND has been burned by in the past. He just seems to genuinely not know. 

I find that idea intriguing. It just seems odd to me for kids to not have a dream school but then I guess I didn't at that age either, I was pretty much just focus on getting laid.

3 hours ago, 1Redrum said:

Where are you seeing he is older than Dante Moore

2 hours ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Re: Carr reclassifying, item #6 in this article indicates that ISD has already shot down that rumor:

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/18032/6-thoughts-on-a-thursday

it was nothing more than fan speculation. A lot of what is going on around the QB positions seems to be just that.

Neither Dante or CJ Carr have said that they will not go to the same school. That is also fan speculation. Moore may not come to ND, but there is too many baseless rumors flying around regarding Dante Moore. The only one that seems to hold any weight is possibly Dante's dad wanting more while Dante himself just wants it to be done with.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I updated CJ's profile over in the 2024 recruits section. He is a confident kid and will hit recruiting hard. 

Big fan of him mentioning he wanted to get recruiting over with and start recruiting.  Those are type of kids and people I’d want to be around.  Seems like a real “team” person.

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

CJ was held back a year as a kid and Dante just turned 17 in the last few weeks I believe. Close in age. 

As they say in Varsity Blues…

”Shame nobody had the mind to hold us back when we was kids, eh, Sammy boy?”

• Heart 1