2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

To answer all of this. I don’t have fatigue, but I was skeptical from the beginning while being excited for ND. Once he visited a couple more places and started talking about them I personally felt like he would not end up at ND. 

I do not think Carr and Moore will be on the same team. I would assume we all know for sure by next week. My feeling right now is that ND is reaching out to multiple 2023 QBs to work on visits. 

Presuming ND lands Carr, I would assume he was told the same thing as Moore regarding the NIL situation.  Yet Carr wants to commit now.  I wanted to let the 2023 recruiting cycle play out given the newness of NIL to see particularly how it affected QB recruiting.  Normally, QBs commit sooner than other positions to lead the effort to sign more players.  Good to see that isn't completely lost on all QBs.  Given how Moore's recruitment has played out, I don't see how the staff or fans could ever feel secure with him even if he were to verbal.  The 2023 QB cycle has gone too far to do anything about it now so if Moore wants to commit, you obviously welcome it.  I would guess the ND staff has learned something about the process and might handle QB recruiting differently in the future.  

• Heart 1

It seems to me that Dante has been and is still trying to find a way to NOT come to ND. Which is fine. Go somewhere else. I'm bummed we invested so much time and effort into this kid but he just seems he's trying everything to not come here. Just my opinion. 

With that being said....I'd certainly take his commitment if he so inclined. 

8 hours ago, Big23Head said:

To answer all of this. I don’t have fatigue, but I was skeptical from the beginning while being excited for ND. Once he visited a couple more places and started talking about them I personally felt like he would not end up at ND. 

I do not think Carr and Moore will be on the same team. I would assume we all know for sure by next week. My feeling right now is that ND is reaching out to multiple 2023 QBs to work on visits. 

Do you know or have a feeling? 

7 hours ago, The Captain 19 said:

It seems to me that Dante has been and is still trying to find a way to NOT come to ND. Which is fine. Go somewhere else. I'm bummed we invested so much time and effort into this kid but he just seems he's trying everything to not come here. Just my opinion. 

With that being said....I'd certainly take his commitment if he so inclined. 

All reports are this is his timeline. He told the staff he would be taking these visits to all schools. Wouldn’t you want a kid to visit other schools and be 100 % sure your school was the perfect fit that way he doesn’t flip down the rd? I got no clue at end of day if ND gets this kid but communication is key and he has communicated to the staff everything he was going to do. He is a perfect fit for ND 4.0 student 5 star QB 2 hours away difference maker. If there was a player to go all in on it would be him. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jburkdd12 said:

All reports are this is his timeline. He told the staff he would be taking these visits to all schools. Wouldn’t you want a kid to visit other schools and be 100 % sure your school was the perfect fit that way he doesn’t flip down the rd? I got no clue at end of day if ND gets this kid but communication is key and he has communicated to the staff everything he was going to do. He is a perfect fit for ND 4.0 student 5 star QB 2 hours away difference maker. If there was a player to go all in on it would be him. 

If this is what was said then I have absolutely no problem with it. BUT, I still say something is off…

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

As of today, multiple high level sources are reporting that Carr and Moore will not play at the same school. ND would of course take both so it seems clear that there have been discussions indicating in some fashion the players are not interested in that scenario. Moore clearly states he has continued interest in ND (see below).

As far as Moore's timeline, he was up front about taking visits however, ND was under the impression (right or wrong) that the recruitment would end in the spring. Was that ND's misinterpretation or a 16/17 year old misstating or a little of bit. Moore literally takes his recruitment day by day or maybe even hour by hour. His timeline continued to push out from April to June/summer to fall. Miami is there, LSU is lurking (wouldn't that be hilarious), A&M is getting a 3 day visit, Oregon has hope. The field has expanded from the initial spring targets for Moore. ND felt they needed to make a move and that will be made known Thursday. ND desired a QB that would be fully committed and work toward building a strong recruiting class because they need it to get to the next level. Carr will absolutely do that, desires that, and has started that. Moore feels no pressure to make any decisions. 

Overall, the simplest way to state this is Moore may not be 100% out for ND and some dialogue may continue, but as of today no one currently expects Carr and Moore at the same college. If you paid attention to Moore's words and actions in this one, it was 100% one of those recruitments that ND typically loses. It just took a couple of months for that to become completely clear how high that risk was. ND may have won in the end but we may never know now.

Edited by Big23Head

Posted (edited)

I am posting this today because I think there might be other news coming tomorrow and Friday. HUGE weekend for ND.

ND Official Visitors (June 10)

CA WR Rico Flores [Offer]

MA WR Ronan Hanafin [Offer]

SC OL Monroe Freeling [Offer]

MD DL Jason Moore [Offer]

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry [Offer]

OK CB Micah Tease [Offer]

MO CB Christian Gray [Offer]

GA S Caleb Downs [Offer]

WA RB Jayden Limar [ND Verbal]

TX WR Braylon James [ND Verbal]

NC OL Sullivan Absher [ND Verbal]

NC OL Sam Pendleton [ND Verbal]

FL DL Keon Keeley [ND Verbal]

MD DL Devan Houstan [ND Verbal]

MA LB Preston Zinter [ND Verbal]

TX S Peyton Bowen [ND Verbal]

NJ S Adon Shuler [ND Verbal]

ND Targets Visiting Elsewhere (June 10)

FL RB Richard Young [Alabama]

MO RB Jeremiyah Love [Michigan]

TX WR Jaden Greathouse [South Carolina]

IL WR Malik Elzy [Cincinnati]

IL OL Charles Jagusah [Missouri]

AZ OL Elijah Paige [MSU] 🤔

FL LB Jordan Hall [MSU]

ND Official Visitors (June 13)

FL RB Richard Young [Offer]

ND Targets Visiting Elsewhere (June 13)

MO WR Joshua Manning [KSU]

IL OL Charles Jagusah [Arkansas]

FL LB Jordan Hall [Michigan]

Edited by Big23Head

21 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

As of today, multiple high level sources are reporting that Carr and Moore will not play at the same school. ND would of course take both so it seems clear that there have been discussions indicating the players are not interested in that scenario. 

As far as Moore's timeline, he was up front about taking visits however, ND was under the impression (right or wrong) that the recruitment would end in the spring. Was that ND's misinterpretation or a 16/17 year old misstating or a little of bit. Moore literally takes his recruitment day by day or maybe even hour by hour. His timeline continued to push out from April to June/summer to fall. Miami is there, LSU is lurking (wouldn't that be hilarious), A&M is getting a 3 day visit, Oregon has hope. The field has expanded from the initial spring targets for Moore. ND felt they needed to make a move and that will be made known Thursday. ND desired a QB that would be fully committed and work toward building a strong recruiting class because they need it to get to the next level. Carr will absolutely do that, desires that, and has started that. Moore feels no pressure to make any decisions. 

Overall, the simplest way to state this is Moore may not be 100% out for ND and some dialogue may continue, but as of today no one currently expects Carr and Moore at the same college. If you paid attention to Moore's words and actions in this one, it was 100% one of those recruitments that ND typically loses. It just took a couple of months for that to become completely clear how high that risk was. ND may have won in the end but we may never know now.

Honestly that sounds ridiculous for them.   All the schools they are looking at have top qbs.  What is so different about it being Notre Dame.  Lsu had 5 start Walker Howard.  Other schools have studs. 

If your afraid to compete go to a page that doesn't want to compete for championships

That is embarrassing

5 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Honestly that sounds ridiculous for them.   All the schools they are looking at have top qbs.  What is so different about it being Notre Dame.  Lsu had 5 start Walker Howard.  Other schools have studs. 

If your afraid to compete go to a page that doesn't want to compete for championships

That is embarrassing

I get what you are saying 100%. I don't think the discussion is over completely. It feels like there are some moving parts still, that is why I said "as of today" or "currently". I think seeing what moves happen in the next week or so will be telling. The only schools without a stud are Miami and Oregon.

35 minutes ago, golson5 said:

That is embarrassing

Reading what Big wrote, it might be Carr going elsewhere if Moore ends up signing with ND.

If Carr can reclassify to 2023, it could makes everything work out well from a timing & "bird in hand" perspective...

51 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Reading what Big wrote, it might be Carr going elsewhere if Moore ends up signing with ND.

If Carr can reclassify to 2023, it could makes everything work out well from a timing & "bird in hand" perspective...

I would not be a fan of a qb reclassify he needs reps scout team isnt going to help the kid. 

Curious also….could this be ND didn’t want to miss on both?  Maybe Carr said he wouldn’t sign if Moore commits. So now they have Carr. And if they value Moore still higher, they have time to sign Moore. 
If that happens, and Carr decommits, they still have time to get in on some top tier qb’s for 24’. It’s a win win to me at this point. 

• Heart 1

I don't care for the saga of Dante Moore but it is what it is. This year isn't a one-off, but I think it is an outlier in the sense that legislation is going to come around NIL and the kids who are out there in the wild west are likely being advised to get what they can when they can before it gets capped down to x-dollars or becomes somehow unnecessarily bureaucratic. 

There is a benefit for Moore to commit early if ND is his school for sure, it solidifies our class and recruits other talent. That said, I don't see him being sold on ND. If this isn't his dream school the smart thing to do is what he is doing, which is go everywhere, draw out the recruiting and keep your name in lights. The more followers he gets the more his NIL is worth, I can't begrudge him that as it seems like good business, but it is a bummer for ND.

I would prefer to not have someone commit as opposed to putting a year or two into them and losing them to poaching. 

9 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

I think the point is that based on how Moore has been so indecisive, he has a greater likelihood of decommitting in the future regardless.  Nobody is faulting him for his chosen process and I am sure he has told the team what his intentions are but that doesn't mean ND should wait for or feel confident in his future/potential commitment.  I think if ND had a do over they would handle this situation differently and they wouldn't go all in on one QB recruit.  I don't think Carr cares who his future team recruits at QB and if Moore is turned off by the potential Carr commitment, just another reason why he isn't a good fit. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, EddieAngel said:

I don't care for the saga of Dante Moore but it is what it is. This year isn't a one-off, but I think it is an outlier in the sense that legislation is going to come around NIL and the kids who are out there in the wild west are likely being advised to get what they can when they can before it gets capped down to x-dollars or becomes somehow unnecessarily bureaucratic. 

There is a benefit for Moore to commit early if ND is his school for sure, it solidifies our class and recruits other talent. That said, I don't see him being sold on ND. If this isn't his dream school the smart thing to do is what he is doing, which is go everywhere, draw out the recruiting and keep your name in lights. The more followers he gets the more his NIL is worth, I can't begrudge him that as it seems like good business, but it is a bummer for ND.

I would prefer to not have someone commit as opposed to putting a year or two into them and losing them to poaching. 

Reminder that 99% of people dont have a dream school or go to it. Most high school students dont make a college decision until their senior year, which is a typical time frame. I cant blame the kid for wanting to explore his options. I also dont blame ND for keeping other options, That is the trade off. Unlike others who ND missed out on, it doesnt, at least to me, seem like Moore is playing games, ala some of the others that ND has been burned by in the past. He just seems to genuinely not know.