2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

image.thumb.png.e405277da9657b3083d44cbd78f4ed1f.png

I'm gonna hijack golson5's point a bit and say that "for ND to get to the top of the mountain, they'll need to be able to recruit blue chip QB's 3 out of every 4 years". So, in that sense, it shouldn't have an impact. Of course, in the present context, there's a distinct possibility it will have an impact. As a matter of fact, if history is any guide, it will. 

It's a great opportunity for the staff to show how big of a leap we're going to take.

I think ND became concerned with the NIL exploration (and exploration in general) and lack of committing even though he was apparently telling other schools no thanks after he visited them. It puts ND in a tough spot to get left behind late or have other recruits waver with concerns of a QB not being committed. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I think ND became concerned with the NIL exploration (and exploration in general) and lack of committing even though he was apparently telling other schools no thanks after he visited them. It puts ND in a tough spot to get left behind late or have other recruits waver with concerns of a QB not being committed. 

A Carr commitment Thursday should help with other recruits at least (even if a year behind) 

5 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Is part of Moore's strategy of staying uncommitted and visiting other schools an attempt to gain social media followers to improve his NIL valuation for traditional (as opposed to pay to play) NIL deals?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, reneg said:

Positively or negatively, in your opinion?

Negatively. I think ND may move on from him. Dante has played his recruitment weirdly. Several schools have moved on from him because he visits them then lets them go. LSU and Miami seem to still be lurking around and both have placed themselves in the situation to take him if he wants to join them. Now ND has done the same but ND may not wait for his "games". ND may still recruit Dante but I think they will up the interest on other 2023 QBs too. June...big recruiting month...

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Is part of Moore's strategy of staying uncommitted and visiting other schools an attempt to gain social media followers to improve his NIL valuation for traditional (as opposed to pay to play) NIL deals?

Can we really expect an answer to this sort of question? I mean, either this isn't happening (and he'll never say anything to that effect because it's not like people go around listing all of the things they're not going to do) or he is doing it, in which case he won't say it publicly (since that would hurt his efforts to gain followers, max NIL and, in general, establish a broad, marketable, reputation) and neither will schools since revealing that would hurt their broader recruiting efforts not to mention job prospects (see, Pearl, Bruce). 

Edited by soulpatch

I don’t follow kids recruiting that well. Just on the surface. But it would be easier for him to simply say I’m torn as a 18 year kid making the biggest decision in my life on where to go. Maybe he has said this. But the whole playing it so close to the vest and flirting with any and every team that shows interest gets old after months of silence. 
Again, if he’s said he’s just enjoying his time with recruitment and has no idea where he wants to go is one thing. But to me, it just doesn’t feel that way with him. Which is probably why ND may start putting feelers out there for others. Wished they would if just committed to Vezzina 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

There is no evidence that Moore is simply after NIL...

People need to stop attributing being patient with wanting a big payday. These are huge decisions for these kids, they are allowed to take their time.

I was clearly just stating my opinion, which is what pretty much everyone on this board, (including yourself), is doing. As far as evidence goes, unless you're an ostrich, there is plenty of evidence. 

Edited by ND4EVR

37 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I don’t follow kids recruiting that well. Just on the surface. But it would be easier for him to simply say I’m torn as a 18 year kid making the biggest decision in my life on where to go. Maybe he has said this. But the whole playing it so close to the vest and flirting with any and every team that shows interest gets old after months of silence. 
Again, if he’s said he’s just enjoying his time with recruitment and has no idea where he wants to go is one thing. But to me, it just doesn’t feel that way with him. Which is probably why ND may start putting feelers out there for others. Wished they would if just committed to Vezzina 

I think this sums things up fairly. I also wish ND went with Vizzina. I have never really liked Moore's answers and actions. I'm not saying he should be different because he can obviously handle his recruitment however he wants, but ND often gets left behind with these types of recruits. If I played a complete wildcard bet today I would say Miami and I don't completely know why, but nothing would surprise me now in this recruitment.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

FWIW, I believe ND has 4-5 commits right now that haven't announced yet publicly. They are coming though, 2023 and 2024. One will be in a month though.

Well you mean not including Carr 🙂

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I think this sums things up fairly. I also wish ND went with Vizzina. I have never really liked Moore's answers and actions. I'm not saying he should be different because he can obviously handle his recruitment however he wants, but ND often gets left behind with these types of recruits. If I played a complete wildcard bet today I would say Miami and I don't completely know why, but nothing would surprise me now in this recruitment.

That’s my disappointment take away from the whole Moore thing. He’s entitled to do what he wants and it’s his decision, but it’s hard not to believe he “lead the ND staff on” and that a commitment was imminent, which caused them to turn down Vizz’s spring visit and interest to fade. We all know how that’s turned out.

ND put all their eggs in one basket again and it looks like it will burn them, again. 

Fortunately, it seems Carr is in the bag which eases the wound. But we need TB12 to pan out in a big way the next 2-3 years.

23 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

That’s my disappointment take away from the whole Moore thing. He’s entitled to do what he wants and it’s his decision, but it’s hard not to believe he “lead the ND staff on” and that a commitment was imminent, which caused them to turn down Vizz’s spring visit and interest to fade. We all know how that’s turned out.

ND put all their eggs in one basket again and it looks like it will burn them, again. 

Fortunately, it seems Carr is in the bag which eases the wound. But we need TB12 to pan out in a big way the next 2-3 years.

I agree. There is little doubt that he played ND to the point that we are out of it to land a top QB in the 23 class. Other than weather and no commitment to academics there would be little reason, (other than money), for a top QB to be enamored with U Mia.

30 minutes ago, ND4EVR said:

I agree. There is little doubt that he played ND to the point that we are out of it to land a top QB in the 23 class. Other than weather and no commitment to academics there would be little reason, (other than money), for a top QB to be enamored with U Mia.

Miami is a historically great program.  Hes close with their OC.  They have a good head coach.  The academics at UM is very good. And the weather. Id say they have a lot to be enamored with

• Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

Posted (edited)

My how quickly things can change in recruiting...who knew? 🤔

Updated commitment timelines:

MI QB Dante Moore: Who knows, does it matter now?

NC WR Christian Hamilton: Summer

TX WR Jaden Greathouse: Summer

CA WR Rico Flores: Summer, July 3

MA WR Ronan Hanafin: Summer

SC OL Monroe Freeling: Fall

IL OL Charles Jagusah: Summer/Fall

AZ OL Elijah Paige: Imminent

MD DL Jason Moore: Summer, July

FL LB Jordan Hall: Summer, July 9

LA LB Jaiden Ausberry: Fall/Winter, December

MO CB Christian Gray: Summer, July 4

TX CB Micah Bell: Summer, July 1

WA CB Jasiah Wagoner: Summer

GA S Caleb Downs: Summer

Edited by Big23Head

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Big.   You seem to be more “nonchalant” with Moore recently. Are getting fatigue a fatigue factor with Moore too?

3 hours ago, Big23Head said:

It does matter a lot

If Moore had already committed to ND, do you think we would still be taking Carr? I would assume so. Maybe, just maybe, Carr’s expected commit will be a wake up call for Moore to stop playing around if he’s serious about ND???