2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

32 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Right now Joey Tanona's health factors into the OL numbers too. If they have an elite kid wanting to join I think they could take 5. Tanona will have an interesting path with a health/personal decision to make even if cleared to play. 

Man I had no idea what happened to him.  That’s terrible.

I hadn't thought about that, but yes it could be a factor.  I just saw something a day or two ago that Priester / O'Malley said they expected Tanona to be a full go in August.  Might be a wait and see thing, too.

Man I thought Tanona was the most college ready strength wise. That’s cusk if he can’t make it back for health reasons. 

Also, are the odds of S. Pemba realistic at this stage?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, D Fence said:

I hadn't thought about that, but yes it could be a factor.  I just saw something a day or two ago that Priester / O'Malley said they expected Tanona to be a full go in August.  Might be a wait and see thing, too.

Yeah, with head trauma it is a no doubt wait and see. In what capacity will he be able to participate. Hopefully all good and great recovery. At the same time, ND has to keep recruiting options open if he can't compete. 

Edited by Big23Head

37 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Man I thought Tanona was the most college ready strength wise. That’s cusk if he can’t make it back for health reasons. 

Also, are the odds of S. Pemba realistic at this stage?

I would say yes with M'Pemba but it will not be easy. His only scheduled OV is to ND. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

This class could be over 20 commits by the end of July. As of today, I would actually say it should be.

Would you say Limar is next or anything before that?

Edited by golson5

On 5/13/2022 at 7:52 PM, Big23Head said:

Haven't been able to walk around in public all day. So long to go but I can't help but wonder, is it actually possible that we land a dline class that's better than '11?

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Even if Young is only visiting to gain followers for NIL reasons, it is still worth having him on campus since you never know what might happen. Would love to have him at ND.

Yeah, this (combined with our other recent headlines and results) can only be categorized as a very positive development. An OV means something given that there are only 5 of them. We're establishing a new identity in the recruiting battles and I couldn't be happier about it. Kudos to the staff.

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Even if Young is only visiting to gain followers for NIL reasons, it is still worth having him on campus since you never know what might happen. Would love to have him at ND.

Pete Sampson had an interview with Marcus this week and mentioned that if a recruits first question is about NIL, Freeman thinks the recruit will go elsewhere. Interesting perspective.