2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 minute ago, golson5 said:

Not this late into it and not with this many good prospects on the board

It does seem like ND is a serious contender for more high-end recruits later in this cycle than I can remember in 20+ years.  

While it might surprise me if these guys chose ND, it wouldn't shock me:  Tate, M'Pemba, Freeling.

And then there are the guys that wouldn't surprise me at all, like Moore, Jagusah, Greathouse, Gray, and Gallagher, 

Even if ND doesn't lead for all these guys, they are still being considered.  Given the guys who have already committed, that's pretty great.

17 hours ago, tneun89 said:

For those watching the rankings, ND is in a really good spot. They're obviously #1 right now, but we've seen that before when ND starts hot then limps to the finish line for a borderline Top 10 class. I think this class has Top 3 potential. Here is a projected class:

QB: Moore

RB: Irvin (commit), Limar

WR: James (commit), Greathouse, Gallagher, Elzy

TE: Flanagan (commit)

OL: Pendleton (commit), Jagusah, Absher

DL: Keeley (commit), Vernon (commit), Traore (commit), Houston

LB: Bowen (commit), Zinter (commit), Ausberry

CB: Gray, Bell

S: Bowen (commit), Shuler (commit)

That would give ND a score of 303.39 on the 247 Composite (what I use for class rankings). In the last five cycles, that score would rank 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, and 3rd. So, for sure in the Top 5.

ND leads or is in the top group for all of the above non-committed guys. This is a very realistic class, with ND hitting on some guys and missing on other highly rated guys.

QB: ND is battling LSU and Oregon for Moore. Michigan is running 4th per most recruiting guys. Miami is also hanging around. ND leads, although the lead has narrowed after some visits to other schools. He is supposed to be on campus for ND's big official visit weekend in June where all the current commits and all of the highly ranked recruits will be on campus. If he makes it, I think ND closes the deal that weekend. There are no backup options. Moore is it.

RB: ND leads for Limar (not sure who is running second). ND is also in on Jeremiyah Love, but not sure where ND stands. I don't love the class of Irvin and Limar, but I think the class last cycle is really good. Price is going to be a monster in college, and getting Payne to transfer in is huge.

WR: All three guys - Greathouse, Gallagher, and Elzy - were on campus last week. ND is in good shape for all of them. Landing Greathouse and Gallagher would be huge. ND is battling Texas for Greathouse, but I think ND leads. It's ND or PSU for Gallagher. I think that is closer to 50/50. Elzy's is probably ND's to lose. This has the potential to be the best WR class in a long, long time.

TE: Flanagan is solid to ND, although schools like Alabama are continuing to recruit him. ND had a UGA TE commit on campus last weekend, but I think Flanagan will be the lone TE in the class.

OL: Pendleton committed. Siereveld is committing next week, but it looks like OSU. ND is battling Michigan for Jagusah, but everyone likes ND right now. It's ND/Clemson for Absher - probably closer to 50/50 with ND holding a slight lead. But if he visits Clemson again, which is possible, then this could go Clemson's way. ND also in it for Monroe Freeling, probably near the top, but not enough confidence to predict ND yet.

DL: ND obviously has to hold on to Keeley for this class to be Top 3. I'm more confident in that happening than I was a month ago. Vernon and Traore are great gets. I think ND lands Devan Houston. I think ND is also near the top for Jason Moore, but I think some other schools are right there as well.

LB: Bowen is the Blake Fisher of the class in terms of recruiting other guys and being the class leader. I wouldn't have taken Zinter's commitment, but got to trust Freeman and company. I think ND pulls off the upset and lands Jaden Ausberry. ND is competing with LSU and Auburn. Samuel M'Pemba really likes ND, but I just don't see him ending up Irish.

CB: It'll be ND or LSU for Gray, who decides July 4th. His old HS coach is the CB coach at LSU, which is why they're at the top. I think ND wins out in the end, though. Micah Bell is relatively new since the Rhett decommitment, but I think he is ND's to lose. Maybe sooner than later. 

S: ND needs to hold on to Bowen. Him and his brother were on campus last weekend. He is still talking to other schools, primarily Oklahoma, so we'll see. If ND has another decommitment, I would put money on Bowen. But for now, I think he sticks. Adon Shuler is going to be a beast - I think he is massively under-ranked. He is solid in his commitment. 

Great breakdown, is our number for '23 only 21? I thought the class was going to be a bit bigger.

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

The visit to Oregon went well for Moore, but haven't heard anything specific.

It went really well as expected. Oregon can put on a show. Oregon also offered QB Avery Johnson this weekend. 

I’ll be curious to see if Dante takes all 5 OVs and who the final 2 are. Maybe Miami and Michigan? 

7 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Oregon offering Avery Johnson legitimately right after Moore's visit is interesting in my opinion.

Oregon has offered around ten qb’s this cycle. I like the Irish Dante Moore or bust approach better keeps us fans engaged. Now it’s time to close Irish are still his leader 

Posted (edited)

No clue what this is, but it will be interesting. Commitment? Doubtful. Top list? Doubtful, he said he wouldn't do that, but possible. Commitment date? Plausible. Something random? Just as plausible.

Edited by Big23Head

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

No clue what this is, but it will be interesting. Commitment? Doubtful. Top list? Doubtful, he said he wouldn't do that, but possible. Commitment date? Plausible. Something random? Just as plausible.

Unexpected to say the least, looking forward to seeing what this is