2023 Recruiting Prospects

Big23Head

1 hour ago, golson5 said:

Hope to land Bowen and Grey soon.

Then we can zero in on Downs and Muhammad to lock up the number 1 secondary class in the country

I love the D recruiting but god damn, the Offensive side is lacking. I can’t get excited until ND starts making strides on that side of the ball.

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I love the D recruiting but god damn, the Offensive side is lacking. I can’t get excited until ND starts making strides on that side of the ball.

Recruiting on offense the last 2 years has been really good.  If we land a better recruiter at wr no reason to think it won't get even better

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

Sorry, but I can’t let you get off that easy. You used to say under Kelly that this is the best that they can do.  Top10-12 classes sprinkle in a top 5 every five years.  Now that they are starting to recruit higher you’re demanding more from the new staff?  So…it can be done?  What was wrong with Kelly and recruiting better?  

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Sorry, but I can’t let you get off that easy. You used to say under Kelly that this is the best that they can do.  Top10-12 classes sprinkle in a top 5 every five years.  Now that they are starting to recruit higher you’re demanding more from the new staff?  So…it can be done?  What was wrong with Kelly and recruiting better?  

I expect them to be Top 10, closer to 7-8, with occasional top 5 class. So I adjusted my expectations slightly higher with Freeman 

14 hours ago, coltssb said:

Do you mean statements like:

Don't you understand modern college football? It's not 1988 anymore. A HC like Kelly just cannot get elite recruits to come to ND...

A ND head coach can no longer be expected to recruit Top 5 classes to South Bend...

You are __________ if you think that a different coach can do better than Kelly....

P.S. I forgot to through in a bunch of derogatory comments directed at other posters meant to prop up my own ego

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1