Canadians, I hear you’re going communist

I'm just asking what's going on. Of course nothing I post will convince any Liberal unless St. Biden says it or King Fauci reports it. LMAO! Liberals, head in the sand and thanking whoever is sticking it to them from behind. LOL

Posted (edited)

What are we talking about again? Would love to hear what VANWILDER12.0 has to say, simply don’t have the time. I thought this was a random video posting competition. That’s why I post better videos than you. 

Edited by Jim2Dokes

1 hour ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Can I ask why you care about what’s going on in the country up north and not the fact that US govt just seized dozen of internet domains because they are connected with distributing Iranian propaganda. Isn’t that more scary?

You raise an interesting question that inspires questions of mine.  I don't now the answer, because this is a philosophical struggle, but when is it OK for the government to control what speech occurs on the internet.  Not a private entity, but the government.  Is it OK to crack down on Iranian propaganda, but not other speech?  Is it OK to try to control speech which is too far to the left OR the right?  Some people don't want right wing people to discuss things that left wing people believe is demonstrably false.  Some people don't want to discuss the role, if any, that race played in the founding of parts of this country's history. 

Should the role of government be to restrict the speech of different views?  Because both conservatives and progressives seem to want that, but they disagree on what speech is "bad" and what speech is "good."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

You raise an interesting question that inspires questions of mine.  I don't now the answer, because this is a philosophical struggle, but when is it OK for the government to control what speech occurs on the internet.  Not a private entity, but the government.  Is it OK to crack down on Iranian propaganda, but not other speech?  Is it OK to try to control speech which is too far to the left OR the right?  Some people don't want right wing people to discuss things that left wing people believe is demonstrably false.  Some people don't want to discuss the role, if any, that race played in the founding of parts of this country's history. 

Should the role of government be to restrict the speech of different views?  Because both conservatives and progressives seem to want that, but they disagree on what speech is "bad" and what speech is "good."

I believe that speech should only be controlled when it explicitly calls for violence. Besides that have at it. The biggest issue I see is that our education system fails to teach kids critical thinking skills enabling them to have discussions about topics out side of conventional norms but still be able to discern emotional based rhetoric versus logical arguments.

"I believe that speech should only be controlled when it explicitly calls for violence." OMG snowflake! This is where I am done. We aren't in a movie theater yelling "fire" we are a citizens calling out the idiots that want t to stop freedom of speech and YOU are saying it's ok to shut people up! *whisper in your ear* guess what buddy boy, sometimes calls for violence is called for. When attacked, you attack girly-boy. 1776!