OL Madden is Irish

#62 If I comparing him to someone I'd go Josh Lugg, though Lugg is taller. You can tell he's very self made. The level of competition is not the same as it is at ND or even close. With all the Graduation it would be nice to have a guy like this with starts under his belt for experience sake.

1 minute ago, GunSlinger said:

I'd assume he would have a very good shot.  He was a second team AP All American last year, plus his nickname is Dump Truck!

Second team AA from MARSHALL actually means a lot.

Harder for a OL person to get recognized from a non Power 5 school since voters rely on recruiting rankings and a school's reputation for things like OL All American voting. I doubt many voters really look at film on OL. If he played at Alabama or ND last year, he might have been first team based solely on the bump in perception from playing for a big-time program.

23 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Hypothetically, if ND lands this guy, how many think he starts at one of the Guard positions?

Last year would he start over Aaron Banks/Kraemer Maybe Kraemer??  But,I have my doubts. This year would he start over Rocco Spindler, right now thats a yes.......  I score him with Josh Lugg who will start beside him this year..

• Like (+1) 1

To me, the most noteworthy part of this is that OL's in college are choosing us to raise their draft stock. Between beating LSU for Freeman and, reportedly, beating FSU for a high-profile grad transfer, ND is clearly muscling itself further into legitimacy.

Im not always a huge fan of Bryan driskell’s but for what it is worth Bryan Driskell is not crazy about this move.   After watching maddon’s film he doesn’t think he’s all that great. He doesn’t think that he’s any better than what we have on the roster and thinks that we should just develop what we have on the roster. 

5 hours ago, Domers23 said:

Im not always a huge fan of Bryan driskell’s but for what it is worth Bryan Driskell is not crazy about this move.   After watching maddon’s film he doesn’t think he’s all that great. He doesn’t think that he’s any better than what we have on the roster and thinks that we should just develop what we have on the roster. 

IMO it’s simple for ND. Welcome to the big leagues Cain. Beat out these young kids or back them up. Worst case you add a veteran back up with no scholarship hit. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Domers23 said:

Part of the equation is depth in case of injury. To have two freshmen in the mix to be starters, suggests that adding another OL body is not the worst thing in the world.

• Like (+1) 1