Gotta say I was impressed with Mitchell Evans and Takacs at tight end. They’re stacked there. 
Thought Coan threw a little better deep than I expected.

Defense was good and active.

Buchner is the future (and may be sooner than later)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope that Jordan Johnson gets a ton of playing time and becomes everything we all hoped he would be when he signed his LOI. However, I have no idea what the 'issues' are that keep him from play

Defense won Buchner sparked a competition. Easy to over-react but obviously the most ability. Coan and Pyne are capable Keys, Lenzy were solid Corners surprised me

Gotta say I was impressed with Mitchell Evans and Takacs at tight end. They’re stacked there.  Thought Coan threw a little better deep than I expected. Defense was good and active. Buchner

Just now, mcgov12 said:

Gotta say I was impressed with Mitchell Evans and Takacs at tight end. They’re stacked there. 
Thought Coan threw a little better deep than I expected.

Defense was good and active.

Buchner is the future (and may be sooner than later)

Agreed. Coan and Pyne are about equally capable. Coan has the experience. Buchner has talent in spades. 

Defensive line reminds of the Holtz days. Just one quality guy after the other.

Corners really look the part. 6"0 plus long arms.

Was surprised that Kiser has challenged Pryor at OLB

Mayer couldn't play for both teams, so I think they just held him out. 

12 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Peacock is free by the way. You may have to sign up for some type of account, but no credit card or purchase required.

Yup!  It was super quick and easy to sign up and I was ready to go within minutes.

Did Jordon Johnson have any passes thrown his way in the Blue Gold game? If not, is it because Kelly doesn't think Jordan has learned to tie his shoe laces properly or is it some other "trait" Jordan is lacking? 

• Like (+1) 1
53 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Did Jordon Johnson have any passes thrown his way in the Blue Gold game? If not, is it because Kelly doesn't think Jordan has learned to tie his shoe laces properly or is it some other "trait" Jordan is lacking? 

he played had a good block and a few targets on Pyne's team.

14 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

he played had a good block and a few targets on Pyne's team.

Good if he had passes thrown his way. Any idea how many snaps Johnson had compared to other WRs? Do not want young WRs transferring because Kelly doesn't seem to want to play them until they are upperclassmen.

I hope that Jordan Johnson gets a ton of playing time and becomes everything we all hoped he would be when he signed his LOI.

However, I have no idea what the 'issues' are that keep him from playing more.  Kelly has a team to run.  He has a culture he has curated.  He has been to the playoffs two times in three years because of the things he has been doing.  If Johnson is doing something off the field that counters the culture, if he has been having academic issues or recreational herbal issues or something else, Kelly has to impart discipline to Johnson just as he would to anyone else.  

If Johnson is not performing during practice at the level of the other receivers, I'm all for Kelly playing the other receivers.

Johnson has to earn it, like everyone else.  Again, I have no idea what the issues are.  I don't think Kelly is an idiot.  I believe Kelly can identify talent better than I can.  Kelly wants to win.  

I want Johnson to be a first round pick on draft day some day, having demonstrated his immense talents on the field while a member of the Fighting Irish.  Earn it, Jordan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Poo (-1) 1
On 5/1/2021 at 3:33 PM, FaithInIrishForever said:

Was surprised that Kiser has challenged Pryor at OLB

Kiser has been the guy all spring there.

what has Pryor ever done for you to assume otherwise?  Just asking

5th year senior as well

Kiser led both squads with 8 tackles

• Like (+1) 1
4 minutes ago, Charlietweeder said:

Kiser has been the guy all spring there.

what has Pryor ever done for you to assume otherwise?  Just asking

5th year senior as well

Kiser led both squads with 8 tackles

Pryor was a coveted transfer out of Ohio State. Kiser has impressed the coaches, I believe this will be Kiser's sophomore season! Welcome to DomerDomain!

https://und.com/roster/jack-kiser-2/

• Like (+1) 1

Really can't take much out of this game going forward. Pretty vanilla.

If you think otherwise, remember Junior Jabbie's "breakout" spring game. He then really never saw the field and transferred out to a DII school and finally to a DIII.

2 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

Really can't take much out of this game going forward. Pretty vanilla.

Kelly did say before the game that they were not going to show much. It seems like he was looking for specific things from specific players. But I do remember him saying before the game that it would be pretty vanilla for the gameplan, but that we should look at individual players making plays.