• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QB: 1A Coan 1B Pine: My opinion. Pyne throws a better deep ball. Coan has field vision, and experience. Watched Video 10. 1. Coan 2. Pyne. 3. Buchner 4. Powlus OL: "Both Fisher and Spindler are

I think ND has the players right now to be very very successful. IMO Rees is the key.  Hard to believe that he is ND's OC, but he is.  If he can design an offense to the strengths of the players,

Thanks Faith. Love the write ups. Much easier and faster than Watching the videos. 

9 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

QB? Ron Powlus Jr.

Yep, thanks, I wonder why this is the first time he has shown up in the practice vids. Maybe I just missed him before I don’t remember seeing him before this.

3 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Yep, thanks, I wonder why this is the first time he has shown up in the practice vids. Maybe I just missed him before I don’t remember seeing him before this.

He's throwing to walk-ons as the 4th QB right now, less likely to be highlighted so to speak. Looks to have a good arm and to be capable. Kelly does do a nice job of getting the mid years in because he realizes they give up the fun stuff in high school like prom and such.

Everyone is excited about the defense! Why?   CREATIVITY

Lets take 1 player: DE Foskey and explain why he can be used in 3 different ways

1. Outside- Rush End, We've seen this.
  2. Inside. Wait? What.. Yes inside. What are the responsibilities of an offensive center? 1. call blocking assignments. 2. Snap the ball. 3. Block a DL or LB. If Foskey's the center 3rd priority, and the center has no help, in other words all the other 4 blockers have a man, the centers in trouble. Whats the quickest way to the QB? straight through the Center. 
  3. In Coverage, Foskey Blocks Punts, Foskey can tip passes and get under flat routes.

Foskey's GPS and conditioning numbers will change. He is used to 20 defensive snaps a game, he will get a ton more.

Before you tell me he's not a DT, know I just saying on 3rd and 7 at the some key point in the game, like Diaco Said to Tuitt, go inside, bull rush him, or run by him,  and get a sack. Freeman sees that in Foskey 

I love that Freeman seems more locked in on player's talents than position assignments.  

• Leprechaun 1
  • QB: 1A Coan 1B Pine: My opinion. Pyne throws a better deep ball. Coan has field vision, and experience. Watched Video 10. 1. Coan 2. Pyne. 3. Buchner 4. Powlus
  • OL: "Both Fisher and Spindler are darn good"-Kurt Hinish. Gibbons also Impressing.
  • Lugg's a tackle for now. Have not decided if Patterson's(out for spring) a Guard or Tackle. So positions won't be final. 
  • Kelly likes the front 7 and the linebackers. Corner and Safety are a work in progress.
  • Receivers: Kelly said if Wilkins, Lenzy and Keys take the next step then he likes the WR. Hopeful on Austin for fall.
  • More compliments for Mayer- He's a great tight end.
  • Drew White- High ankle sprain- out for spring it sounds like, still in meetings(should be fine, no reason to push him).

This is for the posters who want the info this way. I get confused if I try to put the info and the videos on the same thread. Mike if you prefer it grouped another way let me know.

• Like 4

When you think about the ND offense. I always start here looking for clues.

Our OC was a QB at ND not long ago. Not saying all the plays are the same, but Jack Coan reminds me alot of Tommy himself.

When I think about the Defense I look at Freeman's last game for the bearcats