• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QB: 1A Coan 1B Pine: My opinion. Pyne throws a better deep ball. Coan has field vision, and experience. Watched Video 10. 1. Coan 2. Pyne. 3. Buchner 4. Powlus OL: "Both Fisher and Spindler are

I think ND has the players right now to be very very successful. IMO Rees is the key.  Hard to believe that he is ND's OC, but he is.  If he can design an offense to the strengths of the players,

Thanks Faith. Love the write ups. Much easier and faster than Watching the videos. 

On 3/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, jbrown_9999 said:

Unfortunately, Kelly does not seem to like giving backup QBs any significant snaps. Clemson had 4 players attempt double digit passes last year. Their punter had the same or more completions (two) and attempts (three) as either one of ND's back-up QBs. 

There is a reason that Jurkovec transferred. Given that ND's back-up QBs collectively attempted a total of six passes last year, I do not blame him.

If Coan starts, it appears unlikely that any other QB will get to throw many passes in game situations. Hopefully, that is not an issue in 2022. I guess that Kelly can always find another transfer QB with game experience to start that season.

This is my worry.  I don't know why thy even bother to recruit QBs.  

So admittedly I 98% browse while I am at work.  Unfortunately we aren't allowed to stream videos so I can't watch all of these practice clips.  In the spirit of starting some conversation, out of the QBs, who is looking the best so far?  

I would say Pyne looks the best in the videos released so far but that is very limited. All have looked good in the videos that have been released but it’s like recruiting videos they are only releasing the best plays from practice. From everything I have heard other than the videos it’s Coan’s to lose but I have also liked what Buchner has shown and supposedly he had his beat day on Saturday.

•  QB Coan to TE Mayer: 6'3 QB's can see the Tight End get open over the middle. Spring highlights have the same joyous refrain, Coan to Mayer.
  • Defensive line is winning: No surprise a group that returns a  ton of reps beating an offensive line with few snaps returning
  • Finally seeing  Young  Receivers. Veteran Receiver Avery Davis probable Captain  Jordan Johnson and Xaiver Watts in Practice Videos.
  • Defense features a Wider alignment for Rush Defensive End(Viper). I think this suits Foskey and Botelho great. 

Feel free to comment on trends you see from videos  1-5.  I think three threads with spring trends and the video threads as they come out make the most sense.

2 hours ago, irishwavend said:

That's great info!  Thanks!  Watching the videos is a little tough, so it's always nice to see summaries of what people are seeing.  Thanks!!!

I agree. I prefer to sort the videos in their own threads then discuss every 5 videos or so. A 5 video segment gives me an idea of what is happening, (Not a full picture, but an idea..) Its ok to challenge my ideas too guys.. 

• In Video 5 Jack Coan is clearly running with the starters
  • Blake Fisher is showing he will play this year.  Either as a sixth man or a tackle
  • Tosh Baker, John Dirksen, will also Either start or have significant roles.
  • Watch for Lugg to be moved to Guard when the season starts. Kelly hinted this is a media session. Patterson could be asked to play RT due to his ability to play everywhere. Or of course Baker and Fisher battle could move from left to right. I think its more likely that Patterson tries RT first, but he could be LT for NFL scouts too.  

The Irish Wired was pretty funny!  I was cracking up when Brian Polian was talking about Hinish having an older taste in music than him.  Then when he sees Hinish he says, “Were you born in 1968?”  😂

• Like 1