• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QB: 1A Coan 1B Pine: My opinion. Pyne throws a better deep ball. Coan has field vision, and experience. Watched Video 10. 1. Coan 2. Pyne. 3. Buchner 4. Powlus OL: "Both Fisher and Spindler are

I think ND has the players right now to be very very successful. IMO Rees is the key.  Hard to believe that he is ND's OC, but he is.  If he can design an offense to the strengths of the players,

Thanks Faith. Love the write ups. Much easier and faster than Watching the videos. 

Saw an article and it said exclusively on NBC streaming service peacock.

That’s pretty idiotic, but Peacock is free. They’re scummy and had the better content under Peacock+ but I doubt that covers live sports.

Pyne looks pretty good to me in this video.  I know a lot of people here don't like his height and supposed lack of arm strength, but winners just win.  Coan seems to have the inside track to the starting job, but in these videos it seems like he throws into traffic a lot.  Clearly it's just the second spring practice.  A lot of time to sort it out.  I'll be happy with whoever the staff thinks will give ND the best chance to win.  I hope that ND has plenty of opportunities to bring in the backup during games this year so he can get meaningful playing time, and not just to hand off the ball.

Edited by Kelly Gruene
  • Like (+1) 2
1 hour ago, Kelly Gruene said:

I hope that ND has plenty of opportunities to bring in the backup during games this year so he can get meaningful playing time, and not just to hand off the ball.

Unfortunately, Kelly does not seem to like giving backup QBs any significant snaps. Clemson had 4 players attempt double digit passes last year. Their punter had the same or more completions (two) and attempts (three) as either one of ND's back-up QBs. 

There is a reason that Jurkovec transferred. Given that ND's back-up QBs collectively attempted a total of six passes last year, I do not blame him.

If Coan starts, it appears unlikely that any other QB will get to throw many passes in game situations. Hopefully, that is not an issue in 2022. I guess that Kelly can always find another transfer QB with game experience to start that season.