Forum Upgrades

Mike

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

How did you change the width like that? I probably am going to refrain on making any width / layout changes like that at a site-level just due to the risk of breaking elements with the responsive design, but I could take a look.

Thanks, and never an issue. The more feedback / suggestions, the better. A lot of the changes I made over the last 6 months were thanks to requests like yours.

Ok what you have to do is enable "fluid width".  You'll have to do it for both themes I believe.

3 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Ok what you have to do is enable "fluid width".  You'll have to do it for both themes I believe.

Thanks @NYGoldenDomer. Found the setting pretty easily and tested it in dark mode. It's a very easy change to make, but I see why it's disabled by default. On a regular 1080p monitor, it's fine, but at other resolutions, things look really unnatural, and there's not one size that fits all for 'Fluid Width size'.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Thanks @NYGoldenDomer. Found the setting pretty easily and tested it in dark mode. It's a very easy change to make, but I see why it's disabled by default. On a regular 1080p monitor, it's fine, but at other resolutions, things look really unnatural, and there's not one size that fits all for 'Fluid Width size'.

Ah man, ok.  I assumed fluid would mean it caters to whatever the screen is.  It's fine, like I said, not a huge deal.

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Ah man, ok.  I assumed fluid would mean it caters to whatever the screen is.  It's fine, like I said, not a huge deal.

It does, but it's based on percentage of screen. I wish there was a max pixel width instead. That would work better.

The way it currently is, I can make it 90% of your screen, which is WAY too wide on a 1440p monitor for example, but fine on 1080p, but when I changed it to 60%, it's perfect on the 1440p monitor, but terrible for 1080p.

Things were even worse in 4K 😕 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

It does, but it's based on percentage of screen. I wish there was a max pixel width instead. That would work better.

The way it currently is, I can make it 90% of your screen, which is WAY too wide on a 1440p monitor for example, but fine on 1080p, but when I changed it to 60%, it's perfect on the 1440p monitor, but terrible for 1080p.

Things were even worse in 4K 😕 

I see.  Yea I have a 23" 1080 screen here at work so I guess it just happens to work for me.

• Cheers (+1) 1