Zahm becomes transitional housing

It must be really bad to do this. I am surprised changes in rectors, etc, did not correct the behaviors.

I was in school 30 years ago and they were known to be a little wild there, but I also lived in the dorky dorm, so any place was wild compared to us.

Will you please amplify what "rowdy" means in this context? That term is relative in two contexts: 1) relative to other dorms on campus; and, 2) relative to what "rowdy" means elsewhere. I'm sure rowdy at Zahm is not the same as Rowdy a Florida under Meyer or Oklahoma in the 80s.

It must be really bad to do this. I am surprised changes in rectors, etc, did not correct the behaviors.

I was in school 30 years ago and they were known to be a little wild there, but I also lived in the dorky dorm, so any place was wild compared to us.

Hmmm.

I went to ND too. The dorky dorm....

Fisher? Pangborn? Keenan? St. Ed's? Howard?

There was no East Quad or West Quad 30 years ago. Maybe something on the Mod Quad?

If Fr. Jenkins can't control a dorm, no wonder he can't lead Our Lady's University as it should be! He needs to step down.

Lived in Breen-Philips, Stanford and Grace in my years at ND a half-century ago. Zahm's Zombies were a sight back then!

If Fr. Jenkins can't control a dorm, no wonder he can't lead Our Lady's University as it should be! He needs to step down.

Lived in Breen-Philips, Stanford and Grace in my years at ND a half-century ago. Zahm's Zombies were a sight back then!

What are your specific beefs with Jenkins? He's 1,000 times better than Malloy.

You must have been one of the first residents in Grace. "4 walks!"

Hmmm.

I went to ND too. The dorky dorm....

Fisher? Pangborn? Keenan? St. Ed's? Howard?

There was no East Quad or West Quad 30 years ago. Maybe something on the Mod Quad?

Thanks....now I find out I lived in one of the dorky dorms and I thought I was cool.....Keenan.

Probably even did the Review...

😉

No actually I never did the Review. They actually throw me out second semester senior year. I finished my senior year sleeping on a couch.

No actually I never did the Review. They actually throw me out second semester senior year. I finished my senior year sleeping on a couch.

Thrown out of Keenan. Probably still cooler than the coolest kids in St. Ed’s! lol

This has been the greatest thread in a while. Bringing back good memories and making me laugh. Is it wrong that I thought the Keenan review was a cool thing? I got invited a couple of times by a Smic, so maybe that is why I thought that way...

Never thought about Keenan being the dorky dorm, but I'll take it. Being the cool kid never really works out that well anyway...

Keenan Review, Keenan Bun Run, Dismas House volunteering, etc.

Keenan / Zahm rivalry was so much fun - lots of great pranks, snowball fights, etc.

Zahm was a dorm that always stood out. I remember when they went through a renovation when I was in school there in the 90's and they had a party where everyone pretty much destroyed the place

They also used to have a hell to heaven party (or something like that) where you'd start on floor 1 and once you finished the drinks on that floor, you'd go up to the next floor until you got to the top floor.

Never thought about Keenan being the dorky dorm, but I'll take it. Being the cool kid never really works out that well anyway...

Keenan Review, Keenan Bun Run, Dismas House volunteering, etc.

Keenan / Zahm rivalry was so much fun - lots of great pranks, snowball fights, etc.

Zahm was a dorm that always stood out. I remember when they went through a renovation when I was in school there in the 90's and they had a party where everyone pretty much destroyed the place

They also used to have a hell to heaven party (or something like that) where you'd start on floor 1 and once you finished the drinks on that floor, you'd go up to the next floor until you got to the top floor.

Snowball fights!

We used to play tic-tac-toe, throwing snowballs at Pasquerilla West windows after leaving the north dining hall. PW conveniently had groups of 9 windows, 3 rows and 3 columns. In March some of the windows were left open. Just too easy to pass up.

Lots of great snow stories.

You must have been one of the first residents in Grace. "4 walks!"

I was in the first group of residents at Grace. Matter of fact, it was not ready for students at the start of the semester, so we were put in forced triples in Dillon until mid-October when we were allowed to move in. It was great to be in a brand-new high-rise dorm!

What are your specific beefs with Jenkins? He's 1,000 times better than Malloy.

Specifically, ND was once the top Catholic university in America. That is no longer true under Jenkins. For that reason alone, he is the worst ND president in my lifetime.