2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

irishrush

Im pulling for the kid anyway...  not many schools really have a quarterback who truly makes a difference..  most are game managers who have descent teams built around their inefficiencies.   I think almost every school aside from a handful, have the same issue with recruiting the unicorn quarterback.....   trust in the development I guess..  and hope for a homerun !!   If I had the answers ...freeman would be calling me..   phones not ringing ..haha

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I like Angeli. I think he has a very good arm

Based on what? He barely threw the ball his entire HS career. Who cares about camps when there’s zero pass rushers and the WR aren’t guarded.

I understand why coaches uses camps bc not everyone is playing on the same level in HS. Its a way to standardize the evaluation of talent. However, what they do in real games also matters and this kid was a non factor in every single big game. 

The only reasons I wouldn’t pull his offer now are: (1) it’s a crappy & very unethical thing to do and (2) you’re not getting a suitable QB to commit in the next week. 

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Just take a wait and see approach @ELDER06. If are right, then Shout from the highest mountain. If not, others are going too. You've told us how you feel and why, now let it play out

But if the biggest discussion point on why ND can’t compete in the playoff is the QB play, it feels like this is something we all need to be aware of. 

I’m glad we have so many knowledgeable people who post here. I’ve never seen a video of this kid and wouldn’t know what I was looking at even if I did. 
It’s just so hard to tell how a kid will play in big time college games. Sometimes guys like Joe Montana and Tom Brady ride the bench until something happens to the guy that’s playing ahead of them.  Sometimes you get a can’t miss kid like Tim Couch and JaMarcus Russell who show promise but don’t really materialize. 
I’m like most fans, I think. I’ll love the QB playing for ND until I don’t. Then I’ll be all for the next guy. And the next. 
Hopefully Angeli becomes something special, while playing for ND, three years from now after Buchner completes what has become a legendary career. 

Edited by AnTostal
  • Heart 1

On 12/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, AnTostal said:

I’m glad we have so many knowledgeable people who post here. I’ve never seen a video of this kid and wouldn’t know what I was looking at even if I did. 
It’s just so hard to tell how a kid will play in big time college games. Sometimes guys like Joe Montana and Tom Brady ride the bench until something happens to the guy that’s playing ahead of them.  Sometimes you get a can’t miss kid like Tim Couch and JaMarcus Russell who show promise but don’t really materialize. 
I’m like most fans, I think. I’ll love the QB playing for ND until I don’t. Then I’ll be all for the next guy. And the next. 
Hopefully Angeli becomes something special, while playing for ND, three years from now after Buchner completes what has become a legendary career. 

Couch and Russell were good in College. Recruiting Angeli is exactly why I don’t fully get the hype for Rees. He’s so mediocre. If he’s ever ND’s starting QB, they’re screwed. 

ND fans need to realize, winning on social media doesn’t mean a god dam thing. Yeah, Kelly has looked like an ass the past few weeks, but he just got a QB that could win a title. Who gives a damn if all the college football normies like Freeman & ND. They ended up with Andrew Hendrix 2.0. 

41 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

ND fans need to realize, winning on social media doesn’t mean a god dam thing. Yeah, Kelly has looked like an ass the past few weeks, but he just got a QB that could win a title. Who gives a damn if all the college football normies like Freeman & ND. They ended up with Andrew Hendrix 2.0. 

Howard was committed to LSU long before Kelly got there.   Our class is better than theirs

4 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Howard was committed to LSU long before Kelly got there.   Our class is better than theirs

Howard had opened up his recruitment (and ND was even talking to him among others).

So him staying is a win for Kelly. 

As far as class comparison... ND had bigger numbers (23 vs 11), but AVG are close (both 91.xx). Both have 3 kids that are top 10 position wise, but LSU gets the nod there as they have 5 star QB as one. And ND has a top WR that might get poached. 

Also, ND is likely done for the year. LSU will likely close strong. Preston (98 WR) is a current heavy LSU lean, Mathews (98 S) is a lean, Law  (#3 ATH) is a lean, Wiggins (96 DL) a heavy lean, Thomas #4 ATH a lean, plus a ton more guys still in play. They'll likely add at least 10 guys, and a good portion will be well ranked.

Just now, ELDER06 said:

It’s amazing how everyone complained about not getting the star QB under Kelly and now bc it’s Freeman’s QB, silence. This isn’t a kid that narrows the gap. Frankly, I think Rees has failed as a recruiter and I don’t get the hype around him staying. 

This shows how little you know. It’s the guy that’s in Louisiana now that was the main issue not Tommy. Give the guy a year or two without Kelly. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Howard had opened up his recruitment (and ND was even talking to him among others).

So him staying is a win for Kelly. 

As far as class comparison... ND had bigger numbers (23 vs 11), but AVG are close (both 91.xx). Both have 3 kids that are top 10 position wise, but LSU gets the nod there as they have 5 star QB as one. And ND has a top WR that might get poached. 

Also, ND is likely done for the year. LSU will likely close strong. Preston (98 WR) is a current heavy LSU lean, Mathews (98 S) is a lean, Law  (#3 ATH) is a lean, Wiggins (96 DL) a heavy lean, Thomas #4 ATH a lean, plus a ton more guys still in play. They'll likely add at least 10 guys, and a good portion will be well ranked.

He never reopened it. His visited schools for a back up plan just in case. That family is LSU through and through. 

• Heart 2