• Join Domer Domain

:lepreachaun: Join our community & be a part of the conversation. 

2022 QB Steve Angeli is Irish!

irishrush

17 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

They’re similar. They’re running QBs who can’t complete a pass.

Hendrix was more athletic and had a much stronger arm.  Angeli is more a pocket passer and more accurate.

I think its safw to say now that you havent even watched his film

Your comparison is awful 

Edited by golson5

11 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

I think the QB Coach is pretty important in recruiting 

I think it's important, but not near the most important. The HC and OC are driving the bus likely when it comes to who gets the offer and where the prioritization is. When TR was QBC, he had two above him driving the boat in that aspect. 

Last year, one of those layers were removed. This year, another. Given Freeman is a D guys, TR is likely driving the O bus mostly on his own. So 2023 and 2024 are really what should be focused on. I'm really interested to see how the O changes next season as well. We might get some glimpses at a little change during the bowl this season. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, golson5 said:

Hendrix was more athletic and had a much stronger arm.  Angeli is more a pocket passer and more accurate.

I think its safw to say now that you havent even watched his film

Your comparison is awful 

Angeli likes to run a lot for a pocket passer. If a QBs best highlights are of him in a 7 on 7, that’s a bad sign. 

29 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Angeli likes to run a lot for a pocket passer. If a QBs best highlights are of him in a 7 on 7, that’s a bad sign. 

It's not that he likes to run. Bergen is a run first team. And they had an All State RB (Butler). 

Angeli is just playing his part, but he's by no means a dual threat guy. 

49 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

It's not that he likes to run. Bergen is a run first team. And they had an All State RB (Butler). 

Angeli is just playing his part, but he's by no means a dual threat guy. 

They didn’t believe in him enough to open up the Offense vs Don Bosco, SPP, SJR. I saw firsthand, Moeller do the exact same thing with Hendrix. 

1 minute ago, ELDER06 said:

I saw Hendrix firsthand. All he did was hand the ball off too bc his HS coaches knew he was a shitty passer. 

Cool.

They are not similar players at all. Two total different type players

Edited by golson5

20 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

They didn’t believe in him enough to open up the Offense vs Don Bosco, SPP, SJR. I saw firsthand, Moeller do the exact same thing with Hendrix. 

His completion % and TD/INT ratio are both far superior to Hendrix IIRC. 

Run first teams rarely change their spots, especially when winning. They beat Don Bosco 17-0 early season, and 28-7 later... So why the hell would they change what they do?

You're really trying hard to drive a narrative that just doesn't have much substance. 

Edited by OKelleyIrish

9 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

I don’t know how to evaluate players. 
What do highlights of a QB in 7 on 7 tell you about that player?

From an uninformed point of view it seems like it would tell you of (1) arm strength and (2) accuracy. 
It doesn’t seem like it would tell you about pocket presence, decision making under duress, escapability, or the ability to actually win a college football game. 

16 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

You guys bitch all the time about not developing QBs and yet you’re here backing this kid who wasn’t even good enough to start a full 2 yrs in HS. And when he did start, he wasn’t impressive at all. 

You're missing the point. Nobody is saying this kid is the second coming or anywhere close. May never play a snap. 

But he's Irish now. So any decent fan will back him. 

• Heart 3

44 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

You guys bitch all the time about not developing QBs and yet you’re here backing this kid who wasn’t even good enough to start a full 2 yrs in HS. And when he did start, he wasn’t impressive at all. 

Yes we get it, I think you mentioned once or twice you don’t like Angeli 

8 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

Hes definitely not elite.

But he's also a lot better than you are giving him credit for

Answer is in the middle

3 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Hes definitely not elite.

But he's also a lot better than you are giving him credit for

Answer is in the middle

The middle isn’t good enough. Is the goal to win a title? If so, QBs in the “middle” aren’t going to cut it.

Is there any way we can all just root for the kid and wish him well ..  get behind the current staff and be thankful we have had winning season after winning season..??    Very very few quarterbacks are ever true studs,....  in my opinion ... there are very few game changing and stud skilled position players in any given class...  it has more to do with identifying players who fit what style of offense you run/ defensive scheme you have and putting their skills to work.    You swing and miss on a lot ..   rarely do you hit that homerun with any specific position.     True there are a few teams who seem to hit homeruns every cycle...   given time..  Rome fell ..     keep winning and keep innovating recruiting and keep continuity and we will be just fine! 

GO IRISH !!!

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Big23Head said:

You can have the opinion that Angeli is a MAC level QB. Everyone gets that point and it been made many, many times. I personally will wait until I see his practices and game performance at the Under Armour All American game. I’d still wait for info coming out of spring practices. Angeli did not have a roster of great WR in HS. He likely did what he was asked to do, so it is wait and see for me. Also, his offer list is absolutely not MAC level. 

And no he isn’t Trevor Lawrence. Everyone wants a Trevor Lawrence but they do not come every year. Not just to ND but in an entire recruiting class. 

I do agree ND should and needs to aim higher, which has happened in 2023. They had a strong shot to land a high level QB in 2022 and BK chose not to communicate with the kid. We all have to wait for 2023 and let it play out. 

His offer list included Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Oregon, and LSU. Other P5 offers include Michigan State and Miami. That’s a pretty serious list. 

• Heart 2