Just change their name to p*ssies. Time to draw a line in the sand, and tell these b1tches to F off. I know a lot of you live in Indians, fight against this. Make life hell for the Admin.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30882084/valparaiso-dropping-crusaders-name-mascot-logos

I saw this story the other day and didn't even bother reading the article, I don't even understand how how people even come up with this nonsense.

How can any current students or faculty be upset? The school mascot was what it was when they applied for either admission or a teaching position.

If the mascot was something that was upsetting to them, they should not have chosen to be a student or faculty member at Valpo and gone elsewhere with a mascot that was more politically correct .

It is like someone moving next to an airport and then complaining that there are planes overhead and demanding that the airport be closed.

Not that I care one way or the other. But was watching the Brittany Spears series with the wife and it kinda goes with this thread. There was a part where Spears was on star search and Ed McMahon asks Spears, who was probably 6 at the time, do you have a boyfriend? Something common at the time to say for a laugh. But as it went on, Spears says no, with McMahon continuing on by claiming he could be her boyfriend. “Would you want to be my girlfriend?” Probably just innocent and I’m not claiming McMahon was a pedo, but it didn’t have this uncomfortableness to it. With all the claims by Corey Feldman, Michael Jackson’s accusers and so on..it does make you think that maybe we have been glossing over quite a bit of seriousness with laughter, or “it was just the times.” I’m not for all this pc cancel culture, but I think looking back, we have failed a society on enabling some groups and people in behaving certain ways.

Not that I care one way or the other. But was watching the Brittany Spears series with the wife and it kinda goes with this thread. There was a part where Spears was on star search and Ed McMahon asks Spears, who was probably 6 at the time, do you have a boyfriend? Something common at the time to say for a laugh. But as it went on, Spears says no, with McMahon continuing on by claiming he could be her boyfriend. “Would you want to be my girlfriend?” Probably just innocent and I’m not claiming McMahon was a pedo, but it didn’t have this uncomfortableness to it. With all the claims by Corey Feldman, Michael Jackson’s accusers and so on..it does make you think that maybe we have been glossing over quite a bit of seriousness with laughter, or “it was just the times.” I’m not for all this pc cancel culture, but I think looking back, we have failed a society on enabling some groups and people in behaving certain ways.

What in the living f**k does that have to do with Valpo?

What in the living f**k does that have to do with Valpo?

Sigh......You're whining about name changes because of cancel culture. I was simply demonstrating an example on what we thought was "normal" or "ok" was perhaps just turning a blind eye to a bigger problem. That there are/were predators out there that cancel culture brought to light. That not everything that is cancel culture turned out to be bad. And although I agree with you that cancel culture can be unbecoming. Who really gives a flying f**k what Valpo does? Did you go there? Something so small to a name change shouldn't make you want to commit suicide.

Sigh......You're whining about name changes because of cancel culture. I was simply demonstrating an example on what we thought was "normal" or "ok" was perhaps just turning a blind eye to a bigger problem. That there are/were predators out there that cancel culture brought to light. That not everything that is cancel culture turned out to be bad. And although I agree with you that cancel culture can be unbecoming. Who really gives a flying f**k what Valpo does? Did you go there? Something so small to a name change shouldn't make you want to commit suicide.

Bc that gives an excuse to pressure everyone else with a Crusaders, Warriors, Spartans, Vikings, Raiders, and Knights mascot into cancelling it. Plus, this is just whiny bs, not Britney Spears being molested.

I saw this story the other day and didn't even bother reading the article, I don't even understand how how people even come up with this nonsense.

There is an entire political party that focuses on political correctness above all else....

Anyone who has a problem with names of teams is an idiot.

There is an entire political party that focuses on political correctness above all else....

Anyone who has a problem with names of teams is an idiot.

I can understand why the Redskins and Indians changed their name. However, beyond that, nobody should give in. The Chiefs and Braves are perfectly respectful names.

I can understand why the Redskins and Indians changed their name. However, beyond that, nobody should give in. The Chiefs and Braves are perfectly respectful names.

And you just gave in to the political correctness. Even you can see that some change is good. Anyways, streets change there names all the times. Nothing lasts forever....so I’ve come to terms that more change is bound to happen. Get use to it or give yourself a heart attack in 5 years. That’s that.

And you just gave in to the political correctness. Even you can see that some change is good. Anyways, streets change there names all the times. Nothing lasts forever....so I’ve come to terms that more change is bound to happen. Get use to it or give yourself a heart attack in 5 years. That’s that.

I agree you cannot fight every battle, but this is important for mascots. You cannot get rid of Crusaders and have Spartans or Vikings. Redskins and Indians have been hotly debated for years, even before woke culture. Crusader as a mascot is a synonym for warrior, it has no religious or historical implication. The same with Viking, Spartan, Raider,etc. ND might even come under attack but since the Irish are based, it’ll probably be ok. Still, there comes a point where you cannot give in. I believe that’s what this this is.

Crusader as a mascot is a synonym for warrior, it has no religious or historical implication.

Without weighing the merits of changing the name or not, of which I am truly without a single solitary sh*t to give, you cannot be more incorrect on this position. Crusader has both a historical AND religious context. Ignorance of the context does not mean the context doesn't exist.

Anyways, carry on.

Without weighing the merits of changing the name or not, of which I am truly without a single solitary sh*t to give, you cannot be more incorrect on this position. Crusader has both a historical AND religious context. Ignorance of the context does not mean the context doesn't exist.

Anyways, carry on.

Nobody thinks of it that way when it comes to a mascot. That’s why they all look like knights from the Middle Ages.

so you wouldn't have a problem with a catholic school using the molesters?

I mean, there’s Catholic schools with “Friars” and “Bishops” and “Padres” as nicknames. Hardly offensive.

so you wouldn't have a problem with a catholic school using the molesters?

No, I would not have any problem. I wouldnt support them either, but that does not mean I will try to get them cancelled or force them to change their names, it is a free market. They can choose their names and the public can choose whether to support them. If they do not get enough support, maybe it is best for them to change it. That is how natural change should happen in a free society... "My idea is not working, maybe I should change something."

Besides, your hypothetical does not make sense as it would not be a Catholic school doing it to themselves. According to the left, you cannot be an oppressor and the oppressed at the same time, so it would have to be an outside team making fun of Catholics, not a Catholic school itself.

When someone does not like something a business does:

Moderates and Conservatives - ignores them, does not support them, chooses to support their competitors, makes fun of them with memes.

Leftists - CANCEL THEM!!! DESTROY THEIR LIVES!!! FORCE CHANGE!!! Use some type of 'ism card....

Moderates and Conservatives - ignores them, does not support them, chooses to support their competitors, makes fun of them with memes.

Leftists - CANCEL THEM!!! DESTROY THEIR LIVES!!! FORCE CHANGE!!! Use some type of 'ism card....

the majority of conservatives still fully support the Catholic church an institution that has been abusing children for a very long time. so what point were you trying to make>?

conservatives are just as big offenders of cancel culture as liberals.

a football player kneeled for the national anthem, waaa waaaa he should never play in the NFL again waaaa waaaa dont buy anything made by NIKE waaaa waaaa im not watching the NFL anymore.. waaa waaaa. look at me not getting offendend like those liberal snowflakes... waaa waaa

No, I would not have any problem. I wouldnt support them either, but that does not mean I will try to get them cancelled or force them to change their names, it is a free market. They can choose their names and the public can choose whether to support them. If they do not get enough support, maybe it is best for them to change it. That is how natural change should happen in a free society... "My idea is not working, maybe I should change something."

Besides, your hypothetical does not make sense as it would not be a Catholic school doing it to themselves. According to the left, you cannot be an oppressor and the oppressed at the same time, so it would have to be an outside team making fun of Catholics, not a Catholic school itself.

That’s exactly what happened, their customer base and employees wanted a change. No one was going to say they shouldn’t be a college. I could honestly careless, but some people that pay or are paid by the university decided they wanted a change. I don’t think they charged the admin building wanting to kill the leadership like some people in a terrorist attack. Nor do I think they “censured” (literary the name of what they did) their employees for having a different opinion like the state gop parties did to their senators. Since we are playing this game, why doesn’t the right stop their snowflake victim culture. There are two extremes, not just one. You appear to be on one of the extremes.

Edited by Jim2Dokes
That’s exactly what happened

No it's not. A small vocal minority screamed the racism card and won out because the admins feared being called racists...

the majority of conservatives still fully support the Catholic church an institution that has been abusing children for a very long time. so what point were you trying to make>?

conservatives are just as big offenders of cancel culture as liberals.

You are kind of changing topics here it seems to try and get a jab in at the Church. Oh well, I'll bite. We do support the Church cause we know the actions of a few do not represent the entirety of the Church, unlike how leftists look at things. Plus, the Church is about God and faith.

a football player kneeled for the national anthem, waaa waaaa he should never play in the NFL again waaaa waaaa dont buy anything made by NIKE waaaa waaaa im not watching the NFL anymore.. waaa waaaa. look at me not getting offendend like those liberal snowflakes... waaa waaa

Colin was already benched because he sucked (not debatable)... which is why he started his farce political show. Correct, the NFL fans did not like how the NFL was handling it and how the millionaires were whining about something they didnt understand. So the moderates and conservatives chose to change the channel. Are you saying the fans should have kept watching something they did not like? Sounds kind of authoritarian to me...

Now compare that to the Gina Carano situation... she got cancelled and fired from her position because the leftists got her cancelled. By the way, her posts were not offensive at all and cancelling her actually proved her point. So two different situations and both groups acted exactly how I just described in my previous post....

Edited by NDhoosier
That’s exactly what happened, their customer base and employees wanted a change. No one was going to say they shouldn’t be a college. I could honestly careless, but some people that pay or are paid by the university decided they wanted a change. I don’t think they charged the admin building wanting to kill the leadership like some people in a terrorist attack. Nor do I think they “censured” (literary the name of what they did) their employees for having a different opinion like the state gop parties did to their senators. Since we are playing this game, why doesn’t the right stop their snowflake victim culture. There are two extremes, not just one. You appear to be on one of the extremes.

Customer base? My azz. It was an extremely small, but loud group of losers.

No it's not. A small vocal minority screamed the racism card and won out because the admins feared being called racists...

You are kind of changing topics here it seems to try and get a jab in at the Church. Oh well, I'll bite. We do support the Church cause we know the actions of a few do not represent the entirety of the Church, unlike how leftists look at things. Plus, the Church is about God and faith.

Colin was already benched because he sucked (not debatable)... which is why he started his farce political show. Correct, the NFL fans did not like how the NFL was handling it and how the millionaires were whining about something they didnt understand. So the moderates and conservatives chose to change the channel. Are you saying the fans should have kept watching something they did not like? Sounds kind of authoritarian to me...

Now compare that to the Gina Carano situation... she got cancelled and fired from her position because the leftists got her cancelled. By the way, her posts were not offensive at all and cancelling her actually proved her point. So two different situations and both groups acted exactly how I just described in my previous post....

I don’t think Kap sucks, but he’s not a starter and sure as hell not worth the

Media circus that comes with him. You have to understand a good amount of his supporters don’t know a damn thing about Football. They think he was this superstar who got benched and then blackballed.