This is absolute crap. I cannot believe that we are getting that many sanctions compared to all the other egregious stuff that has been happening elsewhere with no penalties.

A picture with another recruit - come on.

So, it’s nothing serious. Which means ND will probably have to vacate all of their wins this yr. Meanwhile, they’ll investigate TN for yrs on end and one day just stop with no punishment

Honestly, this is the way I see it. The violations were 10 unauthorized test messages and a picture taken with Brian Kelly and a recruit. that's it!

While the punishments I have seen are not back breaking by any means, they are not equivalent of the crime committed. Meanwhile, schools like Ole Miss and Tenn will get nothing after serious and flagrant violations committed over a period of time. The coach that made the 10 text messages is not even at ND anymore... He gets no punishment....

I know some will say as ND fans we are just protecting our school, but this is bullshit.

The NCAA punishment is way too severe for the alleged violations that occurred. Also worth noting that ND, Florida, and Texas A&M all got recruiting violations this year relating to the same former recruit from Seattle (5-star LB Sav'ell Smalls) who signed with Washington.

ND needs to stop cooperating with the NCAA when this stuff happens. The NCAA doesn't give any leniency for self-reporting (as we saw with the vacated wins from 2012-2013). If the pandemic showed us anything, it's that the NCAA really has no authority whatsoever, so ND should tell them to f*** off next time.

Yes the NCAA lacks consistency whatsoever and they continue to loose credo ability. However, I am not sure why anyone is upset as the penalties are rather minor as they are mostly for the 20-21 academic year which is almost over.

We all know there is an ND booster who already made $5k in the time it took you read this post so that’s covered.

So we miss out on Seattle kids for 20-22. It’s not like ND has a pipeline or strong ties that pull kids out of there often.

However, I would like to know more about what probation entails. Even though Freeman confirmed that this is not a postseason/bowl ban.

However, I would like to know more about what probation entails. Even though Freeman confirmed that this is not a postseason/bowl ban.

From what I understand, it is simply a "if you screw up while on probation, your punishment will be more severe."

Honestly, this is the way I see it. The violations were 10 unauthorized test messages and a picture taken with Brian Kelly and a recruit. that's it!

While the punishments I have seen are not back breaking by any means, they are not equivalent of the crime committed. Meanwhile, schools like Ole Miss and Tenn will get nothing after serious and flagrant violations committed over a period of time. The coach that made the 10 text messages is not even at ND anymore... He gets no punishment....

I know some will say as ND fans we are just protecting our school, but this is bullshit.

According to the article, he was/will be punished.

a six-month show-cause order for the former assistant football coach, including a one-game suspension at any employing member school
From what I understand, it is simply a "if you screw up while on probation, your punishment will be more severe."

In the big picture, it’s NBD. However, the punishment feels excessive given the minor nature of the violation