A lot of good names mentioned but Fickell and Campbell stand out to me.

I have always heard about how ND has more alum functions that take up the HCs time than other schools. Not sure if that's true but if so, I think that makes it tough for a 1st time coach to take the job. I do think Swarbrick needs to help lessen that load off the HC to allow him to focus on recruiting more. Heck if I am the president of one of those alumni associations, I care about the team winning more than I care about the coach stopping by to speak and shake hands.

Also, I sure hope Swarbrick has his own list ready to go at any given time and updated as often as it should be. If you need to start working on the list once the job opens up, you have failed. Kelly should be doing the same thing for his potential staff replacements should they be needed.

When I first came to this board the name on every list was jon gruden

Now its Urban.

I guess I'd be fine but he would not be a young Urban then.

I cannot see him coming back to College. The NFL is a bigger grind in season with the 90+ hr work weeks, but at least there's a real off season. College HCs barely get any time off after the season with recruiting.

I cannot see him coming back to College. The NFL is a bigger grind in season with the 90+ hr work weeks, but at least there's a real off season. College HCs barely get any time off after the season with recruiting.

He sure his Brilliant though. Listen to these 12 minutes and if I'm the Jags I hire him.

[ame]

[/ame]

IMO, Recruiting is the number one difference maker for NC winning coaches

I could have been clearer. Recruiting is not insignificant nor is it easy. But, I think what makes the 'blue bloods' truly unique and overwhelms the coaches that fail is the stuff that needs to be managed outside of coach's office. Reasonable minds can disagree, though.

He sure his Brilliant though. Listen to these 12 minutes and if I'm the Jags I hire him.

He is a football savant and excellent communicator. The Jags made the right move bc they’ve got nothing to lose

Matt Campbell would definitely be choice no. 1 for me.

Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern would run a close 2nd. Don't know if he would have any interest though.

He hates, loathes, despises, detests, execrates, abhors ND. He would never come here.