ND Transfers (in one thread)

I believe the transfer portal usage this year is so high for a few reasons:

1) the obvious being the portal is a relatively new process making it easier for a football player to transfer schools without getting permission from the school or to at least test the waters to see what other schools would be interested in them. Just because they enter their names doesn’t necessarily mean they will end up leaving. Time will tell what percentage actually transfer.

2) which I think is very important this year. Football players were granted another year of eligibility. So especially those kids that were seniors or Juniors ( even sophomores) this year so have been with a program long enough ( seniors 4 years(maybe 5), juniors 3 years, etc....) to know where they stand and if they’ll ever have a good chance to start. So they want to make the best of this extra year of opportunity and possibly end their football careers at a school where they are a major contributor.....they must transfer

3) this transfer year is especially important to under class men with 2 or more years of eligibility remaining. If it is true that in 2022 teams will have to be back to the 85 scholarship limit. There is going to be a glut of division 1 football players available for teams with eligibility. So transfer now and make a name for yourself at the new school because good luck trying to transfer next year when the pool of available players is that much bigger.

Of course this would not be the reason for everyone that transfers but I think it might help account for what seems to be a high numbers of transfer this year.

I believe the transfer portal usage this year is so high for a few reasons:

1) the obvious being the portal is a relatively new process making it easier for a football player to transfer schools without getting permission from the school or to at least test the waters to see what other schools would be interested in them. Just because they enter their names doesn’t necessarily mean they will end up leaving. Time will tell what percentage actually transfer.

2) which I think is very important this year. Football players were granted another year of eligibility. So especially those kids that were seniors or Juniors ( even sophomores) this year so have been with a program long enough ( seniors 4 years(maybe 5), juniors 3 years, etc....) to know where they stand and if they’ll ever have a good chance to start. So they want to make the best of this extra year of opportunity and possibly end their football careers at a school where they are a major contributor.....they must transfer

3) this transfer year is especially important to under class men with 2 or more years of eligibility remaining. If it is true that in 2022 teams will have to be back to the 85 scholarship limit. There is going to be a glut of division 1 football players available for teams with eligibility. So transfer now and make a name for yourself at the new school because good luck trying to transfer next year when the pool of available players is that much bigger.

Of course this would not be the reason for everyone that transfers but I think it might help account for what seems to be a high numbers of transfer this year.

Also, add that I do not believe that players will need to sit out a year so it makes transferring that much more attractive.

Also, some players will have graduated with two years of eligibility remaining so they might be able to get a grad degree paid for through football.

Also, add that I do not believe that players will need to sit out a year so it makes transferring that much more attractive.

Also, some players will have graduated with two years of eligibility remaining so they might be able to get a grad degree paid for through football.

That last one would be so important if more “student athletes” looked at that.

Sweet... getting your undergraduate and graduate degrees paid for. I realize it’s not easy but for $60k/ year I would strap those pads on.

still don't know why watts and JJ didn't see the field this year at WR. BK needs to do a better job getting young WRs ready to play not sure why he's not..

Maybe because JJ got his first taste of action and got a personal foul for slugging a defender in the chest when he was down on the ground. Lack of maturity and giving no reason to be put back out on the field.

Griffith/Lamb/Oghoufo/Rutherford: Coach Lea, I didn't really get a shot at ND, but I like your coaching style and I think I'm better than anyone on the Vanderbilt squad. Besides, Vanderbilt is a good academic school to finish my education. If I enter transfer portal, will you accept me at Vanderbilt?

Nothing nefarious. No, I'm not accusing Lea of tampering with players. Just tossing this out there. Anyone else think of this?

Griffith/Lamb/Oghoufo/Rutherford: Coach Lea, I didn't really get a shot at ND, but I like your coaching style and I think I'm better than anyone on the Vanderbilt squad. Besides, Vanderbilt is a good academic school to finish my education. If I enter transfer portal, will you accept me at Vanderbilt?

Nothing nefarious. No, I'm not accusing Lea of tampering with players. Just tossing this out there. Anyone else think of this?

I disagree

think from the player's perspective

"I didnt get a shock under him at ND, why would i take a second chance with the same decision maker"