ND Transfers (in one thread)

tneun89

Players currently in the transfer portal:

Jafar Armstrong (WR)

Houston Griffith (S)

Colin Grunhard (OG) (committed to Kansas)

Jack Lamb (LB)

Ovie Oghoufo (DE)

Isaiah Rutherford (CB)

Jahmir Smith (RB)

I get the concern some have about this amount of transfers (there are more coming by the way), but this is actually healthy for the program. Almost all of the guys transferring out were not even in the two-deep - Griffith and Oghoufo being the exceptions. These are not frontline players leaving the program, but guys mostly in the backend of the roster.

ND is bringing in a really big recruiting class (27-28 players), and will likely bring in a few grad transfers (hopefully) as well. This is a healthy place to be for the program, and I don't view it at all as some sort of mass exodus. These players just didn't pan out at ND and are looking for better opportunities to earn playing time.

Went over to 247 transfer portal page and I was shocked (maybe not) to see 411 players currently in the portal.

Going to take some time but it would be interesting to see who is all out there for positions of need (S, CB, DE?, WR?, RB?).

If he was healthy and met the grades this time it would nice to see Stepp in the RB mix (assuming Diggs decides not to sign in Feb....pure speculation on my part).

Went over to 247 transfer portal page and I was shocked (maybe not) to see 411 players currently in the portal.

Going to take some time but it would be interesting to see who is all out there for positions of need (S, CB, DE?, WR?, RB?).

If he was healthy and met the grades this time it would nice to see Stepp in the RB mix (assuming Diggs decides not to sign in Feb....pure speculation on my part).

FWIW, I believe Diggs is already signed just not announced.

Ty Chandler is another good RB in the portal. No real need for ND this year though.

Probably the most fascinating activity this spring will be trying to predict the 2-man depth chart after all this movement. Even more fun for the coaches will be getting these kids in pads and seeing how they fit.

With this many transfers in a single season, especially some decent players says something to me. Says we are moving on and want different (possibly better) opportunity. While ND gets recruits and wins football games, there sure is a tough job keeping quality.

Did not understand why he was not playing this year when Lenzy was down all year. He would be a big loss. Best player in Nebraska H.S. football

He is the first one I really said when. Lamb was a disappointment but Watts would be a loss.

Watts would be a huge blow. But, if that happens, he would be the only real disappointment.

Aside from their recruiting rankings, Griffith and Lamb are not huge losses. They just didn't pan out at ND for whatever reason.

ND needs to land at least two secondary guys IMO. Ray Woodie (FSU) is on the market. 4-star safety with offers everywhere, including ND. ND also really needs a CB (or two). I wouldn't mind going after another WR - just can't rely on Austin, Lenzy, Johnson right now. Charleston Rambo (OU) is on the market - he had a lot of interest in ND when he was a recruit and he was teammates with Avery Davis.

Looks like Xavier Watts maybe leaving.

this would really be bad news. still don't know why watts and JJ didn't see the field this year at WR. BK needs to do a better job getting young WRs ready to play not sure why he's not.

I wonder if watts is looking at the QB situation, not sure where he would go, cant imagine he'd leave ND for Nebraska.