****THE Official IRISH vs. BAMA Game Day Thread***

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it would have. Because Dabo would recruit better and then ND would have more talent and win.

I dunno how the Gomer Pyle (stolen from another poster) act works talking the 4 for 40 plan. You can’t have a muppet trying to sell kids on academics, just leaves a weird taste.

Yes it would have. Because Dabo would recruit better and then ND would have more talent and win.

Honestly, Dabo should be ND’s coach. As much as he preaches God and family, I would of thought he was. Seems like ND’s type of guy to me. I don’t think he would of lost Lawrence to Clemson if he was at ND.

Honestly, Dabo should be ND’s coach. As much as he preaches God and family, I would of thought he was. Seems like ND’s type of guy to me. I don’t think he would of lost Lawrence to Clemson if he was at ND.

No, he would’ve lost him to Bama instead.

can't disagree with this.

And again, I don’t accept this as ND’s ceiling, I simply believe Kelly has them in the best position to win a title within the next 10 yrs. I think firing Kelly would set the program back even further.

Go and listen to Kelly right now. He’s saying exactly the opposite of what Kelly supporters are saying. So which is it? It’s not a talent gap according him. “They weren’t getting knocked off the ball.” Ok, I can somewhat agree with on offense side of the ball. “It was about their guys making a few more plays”....what? A few more....”ND was a little tenatative playing today”....who’s fault is that? As I have said, motivation/belief plays a huge factor in playing football. So...who’s fault is that?

They had a little more fire power than us....we didn’t have fire power on the outside....why? Lenzy , Keys, And Wilkins got into the game on the second to the last drive. Why didn’t they play more? That was your firepower.

So I ask again...Kelly supporters say it’s a talent gap. Kelly says different. I say it’s “part” motivation/belief, Kelly basically agrees by saying they came out tentative and flat. Why? Why?

Go and listen to Kelly right now. He’s saying exactly the opposite of what Kelly supporters are saying. So which is it? It’s not a talent gap according him. “They weren’t getting knocked off the ball.” Ok, I can somewhat agree with on offense side of the ball. “It was about their guys making a few more plays”....what? A few more....”ND was a little tenatative playing today”....who’s fault is that? As I have said, motivation/belief plays a huge factor in playing football. So...who’s fault is that?

They had a little more fire power than us....we didn’t have fire power on the outside....why? Lenzy , Keys, And Wilkins got into the game on the second to the last drive. Why didn’t they play more? That was your firepower.

So I ask again...Kelly supporters say it’s a talent gap. Kelly says different. I say it’s “part” motivation/belief, Kelly basically agrees by saying they came out tentative and flat. Why? Why?

You expect a HC to say his players aren’t talented enough to compete?

I agree!! I felt Sark completely out coached Rees. No denying that, and they should have been more creative. There was a ton of issues I had with coaching. All I am saying is how can you compete with the 6th string wr in 2017 and now heisman candidate with these restrictions and expect to compete. It’s incredible what BK has done.

No, he would’ve lost him to Bama instead.

Wrong.

It was down to Tennessee, where his parents are Vols fans and he is a huge Peyton fan, hence, why he wears 16. Georgia, where he went to high school but Richt didn’t recruit heavy enough. Clemson, who recruited him heavily.

Bama wasn’t even in the picture.

You expect a HC to say his players aren’t talented enough to compete?

Yes. He said it in 2012, when he said they weren’t there yet. A lot of coaches do this when they are being honest. So what’s the difference now? That’s right, saving his azz now. He can’t say 10-12 years in his regime that they still aren’t there yet.

I can't take all the naysay. Pulling the plug on Kelly would be so silly. It took close to 3 decades to get to where ND is.

Again, look at UM, UT and USC....rebuilding takes forever and so does finding the right coach.

Harbaugh, Strong, Herman...all coaches we were interested in on these boards.

What separates ND is recruiting mostly.

We'll never know how Meyer, Saban and Dabo would do at ND...but ever wonder why those guys would never coach at ND?

I agree!! I felt Sark completely out coached Rees. No denying that, and they should have been more creative. There was a ton of issues I had with coaching. All I am saying is how can you compete with the 6th string wr in 2017 and now heisman candidate with these restrictions and expect to compete. It’s incredible what BK has done.

I was ok with Rees and his play-calling. I understood what he was trying to do. What I find unconscionable is the fact that your “play-makers” Lenzy and Keys still didn’t see the field. They can’t be injured because they played in the second to last series!

What I’m not ok with is exactly what BK said and what everyone else saw coming out of the locker room. The tentativeness. The scared-ness. The Van-Gorderesque of corners playing 15 yards off the receivers. No belief coming in. That’s ok Kelly and he knows this.

So I give him all the kudos to where the program is. But I feel ND is at a crossroads on what they need to do. Do they stay with plan keep BK and be happy with 10 win seasons with graduating classes. Or bring in Urban or some new hot shot and take a chance. Either way, I’m starting to get to at feeling that either this is it for ND, or they need to move on if they want a championship season.

I was ok with Rees and his play-calling. I understood what he was trying to do. What I find unconscionable is the fact that your “play-makers” Lenzy and Keys still didn’t see the field. They can’t be injured because they played in the second to last series!

What I’m not ok with is exactly what BK said and what everyone else saw coming out of the locker room. The tentativeness. The scared-ness. The Van-Gorderesque of corners playing 15 yards off the receivers. No belief coming in. That’s ok Kelly and he knows this.

So I give him all the kudos to where the program is. But I feel ND is at a crossroads on what they need to do. Do they stay with plan keep BK and be happy with 10 win seasons with graduating classes. Or bring in Urban or some new hot shot and take a chance. Either way, I’m starting to get to at feeling that either this is it for ND, or they need to move on if they want a championship season.

....this makes sense. it's a huge gamble though. Much safer bet, go all out on recruiting skill next 5 years and see where we end up.

See it’s so funny you thought Rees play calling was good,I thought was terrible. However, I feel BK has done wonders the cards he has been dealt. This just results in a zoom call or something to have a good convo over beers versus the current format. :)

I can't take all the naysay. Pulling the plug on Kelly would be so silly. It took close to 3 decades to get to where ND is.

Again, look at UM, UT and USC....rebuilding takes forever and so does finding the right coach.

We'll never know how Meyer, Saban and Dabo would do at ND...but ever wonder why those guys would never coach at ND?

Rebuilding only takes the right coach. That’s it. Once the right coach comes in its usually within 3 years with the exception of Dabo but he also took a never been before school and turned them into a championship team, so that’s rare itself.

There is no reason ND should not be looking for the next best thing if they truly want to be elite again. The fact is they don’t. They won’t do what’s necessary to compete for championships any more.

ND should not have been in the playoffs or the BCS Championship. They played cupcake schedules. The only complete team they played this year was Clemson who was a shell of itself the first time and we saw what what happened when they were at full strength.

That same team is getting clowned by OSU right now.

I think the majority of people who want to try someone else isn’t because we lose to the elite teams. We lose big games period and get curb stomped by elite teams. They got destroyed at Michigan last year. How can anyone be ok with that. Michigan isn’t even close to elite and they got curb stomped. We know who we are with Kelly and that’s a joke in any major game with a half way decent coach.

Edited by ndfanatic78

And again, I don’t accept this as ND’s ceiling, I simply believe Kelly has them in the best position to win a title within the next 10 yrs. I think firing Kelly would set the program back even further.

Who in the hell keeps a coach at a top program for 20-25 years that doesn’t win a NC, is O-fer in cfp/bcs games, gets embarrassed in nearly every big game they play, and is like 2 for 15 against top 5 teams????

That is laughable! No top program would keep him around for that long.

How much better? He still has the same restrictions.

Tony Alford said that the number one difference between Meyer and Kelly was how much Meyer focused on recruiting.

There is a reason that Meyer elevated recruiting at every school he was at.

Kelly not so much after his first few years at ND when he seemed to get comfortable instead of hungry

You admit that the it all comes down to the head coach but refuse to admit that Kelly is a reason why ND's recruiting is only Top 20 not consistently Top 10 or even Top 5

You admit that the it all comes down to the head coach but refuse to admit that Kelly is a reason why ND's recruiting is only Top 20 not consistently Top 10 or even Top 5

Are you going to bring up Weis classs now or? Got a top 10 class and 26 players wow, anyways, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee are going to dominate!!!!!

Tennessee best ever!!! Omg they recruit year in and out better than Nd!! Texas!! Shush your mouth

Edited by Jim2Dokes