****THE Official IRISH vs. BAMA Game Day Thread***

The difference is that all those players didn't play on the team at the same time. Alabama has those types of players on their team every year.

Crossovers from year to year. Whatever. ND still has had talent. What's the miss? Depth yes. But talent no. They lack motivation. I'll say this a million times. Lou would of never gotten his *** kicked the amount of times BK has.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to laugh about this. What is Claypool, Fuller, and Boykin doing right now Sundays? Were they just not all on the same team? Martin, Nelson, McGlinchey, Stanley? Were they not all on the same team? Tuitt, Smith and Smith. Were they not on the same team? It really is like beating the same drum. Some how we have NFL talent but small balls. Why is that?

Well when those players played, they played on great teams comparable to Oklahoma, Georgia ect. I’m not going to spend time on listing the Bama and Clemson players in the nfl. I’m not going to get into the fact that Bamas number 4 WRs are now 1st round drafts picks when Jerry Jjudy and Henry Riggs were catching balls. Not going to go into Clemson has their top 3 WRs out, yet their current WRs are 1st and second rounders. You are making my point.

This is the train of thought that kills me. It is the type of thinking that is the exact opposite of successful people, businesses, and programs in all walks of life. The majority of great coaches come from situations where no one knew of them or someone took a chance on coach and they turned into a star. Belicheck, Popovich, Riley, Swinney, Jackson, Meyer , etc were all unknown or unproven assistants or even failed coaches before they became great. There are other great coaches out there that are waiting for their chance and waiting to be discovered.

The problem is that the ND admin has no desire to do the leg work to find who those potential candidates could be, AND THEN taking a chance on going after one of them and giving them an opportunity. ND wants the safe, predictable coach and they are fine with the results we currently have.

But to say that the only great coaches are Dabo, Urban and Saban so if we can’t get one of them we need to stick with BK is just asinine and the thinking of a loser.

Thank you. The best post I've seen in awhile. Thanks

Crossovers from year to year. Whatever. ND still has had talent. What's the miss? Depth yes. But talent no. They lack motivation. I'll say this a million times. Lou would of never gotten his *** kicked the amount of times BK has.

Lack of motivation? That’s moronic. You think ND’s Corners couldn’t cover Smith bc lack of motivation? I’m sure that’s it and not his blinding speed.

And have you ever coached a team where you couldn’t take the best players available?

YEP! Coached high school baseball for 5 years and played college ball. Did just fine if you were wondering. I understand what it takes to get a team motivated. I know you don't.

This is the train of thought that kills me. It is the type of thinking that is the exact opposite of successful people, businesses, and programs in all walks of life. The majority of great coaches come from situations where no one knew of them or someone took a chance on coach and they turned into a star. Belicheck, Popovich, Riley, Swinney, Jackson, Meyer , etc were all unknown or unproven assistants or even failed coaches before they became great. There are other great coaches out there that are waiting for their chance and waiting to be discovered.

The problem is that the ND admin has no desire to do the leg work to find who those potential candidates could be, AND THEN taking a chance on going after one of them and giving them an opportunity. ND wants the safe, predictable coach and they are fine with the results we currently have.

But to say that the only great coaches are Dabo, Urban and Saban so if we can’t get one of them we need to stick with BK is just asinine and the thinking of a loser.

Meyer was anything but unproven and it’s asinine to tear down what’s taken a decade to build just to hire some unknown bc it might work.

YEP! Coached high school baseball for 5 years and played college ball. Did just fine if you were wondering. I understand what it takes to get a team motivated. I know you don't.

Did the Admin limit the players you could take? I doubt it. And I guess every game you lost was bc of motivation and not talent. Also, unless you ever won multiple state titles, you should probably stfu.

Lack of motivation? That’s moronic. You think ND’s Corners couldn’t cover Smith bc lack of motivation? I’m sure that’s it and not his blinding speed.

Stupid. it's not one player but rather a group or mentality. You think BK would of won against Miami in 88. PLEEEeaaaasseee. He would of lost by 50. That's what I'm talking about. But keeping being dumb...

Stupid. it's not one player but rather a group or mentality. You think BK would of won against Miami in 88. PLEEEeaaaasseee. He would of lost by 50. That's what I'm talking about. But keeping being dumb...

You know that for a fact? Seriously, you look like an idiot. I’m not happy with today’s outcome, but at a certain point, there’s not much else a staff can do.

Did the Admin limit the players you could take? I doubt it.

Yes and no. But either way, you can't recruit or you're not supposed to. You are giving the hand you are dealt with and you "coach or motivate." but who cares about me. BK will always be the whipping boy and that's it. That's life, there's the guy that does the whipping and there's the guy that takes the whipping. You know who we are on that saying.

Yes and no. But either way, you can't recruit or you're not supposed to. You are giving the hand you are dealt with and you "coach or motivate." but who cares about me. BK will always be the whipping boy and that's it. That's life, there's the guy that does the whipping and there's the guy that takes the whipping. You know who we are on that saying.

But imagine if they didn’t let you take the best players in your own school. Like if they said you can’t play anyone with below a 3.5 GPA, that might hamstring you a bit.

And then you have the luxury of having the should be Heisman Devonte Smith this year as your 6 th WR backing up Jeudy, Ruggs, Ridley, Foster, and some other NFl Wr in 2017. Fuller, Boykin, Claypool please.

Meyer was anything but unproven and it’s asinine to tear down what’s taken a decade to build just to hire some unknown bc it might work.

He was unproven before Utah gave him the HC spot. The point is that every coach is unproven at some point.

If you don’t want to step out and take the risk to be great or elite, then you never will be. Period. Every great company, business, sports program, etc for the most part has a story of risking it all and/or taking a huge chance—usually with an overwhelming amount of naysayers like yourself—and then proved everyone wrong and succeeded against the odds.

I would never fault the ND admin for taking risks and chances and failing. I fault them for never doing everything possible to be great and elite. Second tier might be ok for you in life but that is not how I look at things.

He was unproven before Utah gave him the HC spot. The point is that every coach is unproven at some point.

If you don’t want to step out and take the risk to be great or elite, then you never will be. Period. Every great company, business, sports program, etc for the most part has a story of risking it all and/or taking a huge chance—usually with an overwhelming amount of naysayers like yourself—and then proved everyone wrong and succeeded against the odds.

I would never fault the ND admin for taking risks and chances and failing. I fault them for never doing everything possible to be great and elite. Second tier might be ok for you in life but that is not how I look at things.

ND isn’t Utah. And there’s a difference be taking risks and making irrational decisions. Name one time where firing a highly successful coach has worked out. Ask Nebraska if they regret firing Solich.

Edited by ELDER06
ND isn’t Utah. And there’s a difference be taking risks and making irrational decisions

Bull!! Every time someone takes risks there are an overwhelming amount of people saying it is irrational. That’s why it is a risk! Sure some are more calculated than others, but they always usually require losing a lot in order to become great. That’s life.

Bull!! Every time someone takes risks there are an overwhelming amount of people saying it is irrational. That’s why it is a risk! Sure some are more calculated than others, but they always usually require losing a lot in order to become great. That’s life.

No, there’s difft degrees of risk. Making impatient, ignorant decisions is not risky, it’s dumb.

No, there’s difft degrees of risk. Making impatient, ignorant decisions is not risky, it’s dumb.

BK has been here for 12 years. How is it impatient to want a change? What is dumb is keeping him and expecting to be great or elite.

Everyone here can debate the superiority or ineptitude of Kelly until the end of time but the fact remains that BK has Jack's blessing. As long as the players graduate, don't disgrace the University and the stadium is full on Saturdays Kelly has a job for however long he wants it.

If the Administration took football as seriously as Alabama, OSU & Clemson Kelly would be given a nice thank you and shown the door. He has resurrected the football program and has taken them as far as he can. IF the Administration was serious a replacement would be named tomorrow.

BK has been here for 12 years. How is it impatient to want a change? What is dumb is keeping him and expecting to be great or elite.

It’s also infinitely harder to win at a high level at ND than anywhere else. I’ll ask again, name one time firing a 10 win coach (for non Scandals) has worked out.

Let's give it 12 more years and 12 more blowouts and then start to consider maybe something is wrong. That is smart.

Everyone here can debate the superiority or ineptitude of Kelly until the end of time but the fact remains that BK has Jack's blessing. As long as the players graduate, don't disgrace the University and the stadium is full on Saturdays Kelly has a job for however long he wants it.

If the Administration took football as seriously as Alabama, OSU & Clemson Kelly would be given a nice thank you and shown the door. He has resurrected the football program and has taken them as far as he can. IF the Administration was serious a replacement would be named tomorrow.

Who would that be? Again, more dumb azzery on display. And sorry ND doesn’t recruit borderline re*ards.

This is true. The admin only care about the cash cow. Fans boys will always show up because there "real fans". The principle of excuses and fear define a large chunk of our fanbase. Who would we get? Academics! Excuses are for losers.

No one outperforms their recruiting rankings like ND. Texas? Fire them! Tennessee fired! The 16 teams ahead of ND last year in the rankings outside of OSU, clemson, and Bama; Fired!

TN and TX could legitimately fire their coaches. I think that would be the wrong move, but they have more cause than ND. Again, College Football fans have really become dumber, everyone wants the next Saban or Swinney, but they don’t exist. But bc it’s not their $ or their job on the line, they have no issue wanting to fire a Coach.