****THE Official IRISH vs. BAMA Game Day Thread***

Kelly will get this down to ten and fanboys will say hey look how close we were!

Then what? It’s like these clowns that don’t want the vaccine but want the country open? Wtf is the plan? Charlie Weis? This is a top 5 team, Oklahoma whoever would have suffered the same defeat. You don’t know what your talking about. Blah blah blah negative every thread. You and brown should go have a pity party, join a group the whiny bunch.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 points 8 years ago.

17 today.

Maybe Kelly only loses by 6 in more years

He's closing the gap

You joke, but that’s what it takes. It’s a long, painful process to inch closer and closer, but it’s what has to be done. I’m not sure why people keep ignoring how hard it is to recruit with the Academic restrictions, it’s a major impediment. ND should still win 10 games on avg, but truly competing with the elites is going to be a brutal task.

Then what? It’s like these clowns that don’t want the vaccine but want the country open? Wtf is the plan? Charlie Weis? This is a top 5 team, Oklahoma whoever would have suffered the same defeat. You don’t know what your talking about.

I actually fully agree. Everyone who wants to fire him can’t name a replacement that would do any better. It’s not going to be Urban and I don’t see Saban or Dabo jumping ship, so there’s nobody

I actually fully agree. Everyone who wants to fire him can’t name a replacement that would do any better. It’s not going to be Urban and I don’t see Saban or Dabo jumping ship, so there’s nobody

Pay me what Swarbrick is getting and I guarantee you I will find a better replacement.

As much as the final score was rough, I actually thought ND held up okay. I mean, they battled. I never felt like they rolled over. Alabama's offense is just insanely good. 3 Heisman finalists on the field? That's tough to stop. It was very obvious the secondary couldn't keep up.

I’ve got news for you, Bama is going to beat Clemson worse than they beat ND. This Bama team might be better than last yr’s LSU.

Crazier things have happened. But I will take you up on that bet. The best player in the nation is not getting blown out. Along with the best defensive coordinator in the nation. Along with maybe the best big coach besides Saban is getting blown out.

Crazier things have happened. But I will take you up on that bet. The best player in the nation is not getting blown out. Along with the best defensive coordinator in the nation. Along with maybe the best big coach besides Saban is getting blown out.

The best player in the country is DaVonta Smith and they MIGHT have Jaylen Waddle back.

I’ve got news for you, Bama is going to beat Clemson worse than they beat ND. This Bama team might be better than last yr’s LSU.

Bama turned off the jets on us in the second half. I agree that Bama is the best team in the country and they will beat Clemson but I can guarantee you Clemson will be very respectable in that game. Hell, Florida was respectable vs Bama! All I am asking for is for us to be respectable and be in one of these games. That’s all.

You joke, but that’s what it takes. It’s a long, painful process to inch closer and closer, but it’s what has to be done. I’m not sure why people keep ignoring how hard it is to recruit with the Academic restrictions, it’s a major impediment. ND should still win 10 games on avg, but truly competing with the elites is going to be a brutal task.

Brutal, they keep beating the same drum. You will get a Kyle Hamilton, Jaylon, JOk every once in awhile with a great coach at ND. You are not going to get a team of them. ND will never get the depth these teams get with current standards. How many Wrs have Clemson and Bama put in the nfl. Hell their best WR isn’t even on the field! Yet the second is a heisman.

As much as the final score was rough, I actually thought ND held up okay. I mean, they battled. I never felt like they rolled over. Alabama's offense is just insanely good. 3 Heisman finalists on the field? That's tough to stop. It was very obvious the secondary couldn't keep up.

Spot on. It sucks, I’m not happy, but removing emotion from this, ND played a lot better than people will give them credit for.

That’s not a f’n answer, give me a name.

Ive give you f'in bizzilion names in the past. It's not my job to do the hiring/firing. BK's *** would be out the door already if I was Swarbrick and I would of had 15 names already lined up on the call. In no f'in particular order, Urban, Swinney, Carroll, Campbell, Rhule, Fisher, Fleck. Whoever...All, I do know, is the guy would know how to f'in motivate a team when a big game is on the line.

Then what? It’s like these clowns that don’t want the vaccine but want the country open? Wtf is the plan? Charlie Weis? This is a top 5 team, Oklahoma whoever would have suffered the same defeat. You don’t know what your talking about. Blah blah blah negative every thread. You and brown should go have a pity party, join a group the whiny bunch.

I love the we can't do better quitters. That is the real pity party who settle for good enough. That is what I call a quitter.

Ive give you f'in bizzilion names in the past. It's not my job to do the hiring/firing. BK's *** would be out the door already if I was Swarbrick and I would of had 15 names already lined up on the call. In no f'in particular order, Urban, Swinney, Carroll, Campbell, Rhule, Fisher, Fleck. Whoever...All, I do know, is the guy would know how to f'in motivate a team when a big game is on the line.

And I’ll tell you only one guy on that list is realistic and that’s Campbell. Fleck is all hype. You’re dumb for listing everyone else and you should feel bad for being so dumb.

Brutal, they keep beating the same drum. You will get a Kyle Hamilton, Jaylon, JOk every once in awhile with a great coach at ND. You are not going to get a team of them. ND will never get the depth these teams get with current standards. How many Wrs have Clemson and Bama put in the nfl. Hell their best WR isn’t even on the field! Yet the second is a heisman.

The goal should be to win a Title, but it’s going to be a lot harder to do that with the restrictions. ND is making strides on the right direction, but they still have a long way to go.

The goal should be to win a Title, but it’s going to be a lot harder to do that with the restrictions. ND is making strides on the right direction, but they still have a long way to go.

In 30 years and 12 coat of paint we'll be there.

I love the we can't do better quitters. That is the real pity party who settle for good enough. That is what I call a quitter.

Oklahoma fans calling for Lincoln Riley to be fired? What’s has he done Kelly hasn’t, beat a deprecated Florida? Florida calling for their coach to be fired? Kirby Smart barley beat Cincinnati, calling for his head. Difference is those teams didn’t even make the playoff this year. Oklahoma? Blew out, twice same as ND in the playoff. Florida, never made the playoff under current coach. LSU losing record. It’s hard! Clemson, OSU, and BAMA are the only consistent teams, next up is Oklahoma and ND

Edited by Jim2Dokes

This is the train of thought that kills me. It is the type of thinking that is the exact opposite of successful people, businesses, and programs in all walks of life. The majority of great coaches come from situations where no one knew of them or someone took a chance on coach and they turned into a star. Belicheck, Popovich, Riley, Swinney, Jackson, Meyer , etc were all unknown or unproven assistants or even failed coaches before they became great. There are other great coaches out there that are waiting for their chance and waiting to be discovered.

The problem is that the ND admin has no desire to do the leg work to find who those potential candidates could be, AND THEN taking a chance on going after one of them and giving them an opportunity. ND wants the safe, predictable coach and they are fine with the results we currently have.

But to say that the only great coaches are Dabo, Urban and Saban so if we can’t get one of them we need to stick with BK is just asinine and the thinking of a loser.

Oklahoma fans calling for Lincoln Riley to be fired? What’s has he done Kelly hasn’t, beat a deprecated Florida? Florida calling for their coach to be fired? Kirby Smart barley beat Cincinnati, calling for his head. Difference is those teams didn’t even make the playoff this year.

This seems to be the mentality across all of College Football. Fans need to get a grip.

I have to laugh about this. What is Claypool, Fuller, and Boykin doing right now Sundays? Were they just not all on the same team? Martin, Nelson, McGlinchey, Stanley? Were they not all on the same team? Tuitt, Smith and Smith. Were they not on the same team? It really is like beating the same drum. Some how we have NFL talent but small balls. Why is that?

I have to laugh about this. What is Claypool, Fuller, and Boykin doing right now Sundays? Were they just not all on the same team? Martin, Nelson, McGlinchey, Stanley? Were they not all on the same team? Tuitt, Smith and Smith. Were they not on the same team? It really is like beating the same drum. Some how we have NFL talent but small balls. Why is that?

They didn’t have any of those guys this yr. and they might be able to match up ok when it comes to the starting 22, but building the kind of depth of Bama or Clemson is impossible

The difference is that all those players didn't play on the team at the same time. Alabama has those types of players on their team every year.

And I’ll tell you only one guy on that list is realistic and that’s Campbell. Fleck is all hype. You’re dumb for listing everyone else and you should feel bad for being so dumb.

You're dumb for expecting Kelly to ever win a championship or never get blown out in any big game. I feel sad for how dumb you are..

See how childish you sound. I'm sure the type of guy who never played past junior high sports. I bet you never coached a team in your life. You are the nerd behind the screen that looks at analytics to decide most of your life.

You're dumb for expecting Kelly to ever win a championship or never get blown out in any big game. I feel sad for how dumb you are..

See how childish you sound. I'm sure the type of guy who never played past junior high sports. I bet you never coached a team in your life. You are the nerd behind the screen that looks at analytics to decide most of your life.

He beat Clemson and UNC, those were big games. You sound like an idiot, wanting to fire a coach who has gotten this program to its best position in 30 yrs, especially when you can’t even name a f’n viable replacement. F’n dope.

And have you ever coached a team where you couldn’t take the best players available?