ND's best WR's & RB's

To me, these are fun. Thought I'd take a stab at ranking the best WR's and RB'S since the Willingham era. Interested to see where people disagree!

1. Julius Jones

2. Ryan Grant

3. Dexter Williams

4. Kyren Williams

5. Josh Adams

6. CJ Prosise

7. Theo Riddick

8. Jonas Gray

9. Cierre Wood

10. Armando Allen

(asked me 15 years ago, thought James Aldridge would be at the top of that list...also I can't get over Darius Walker's lack of speed but he should definitely be in that top 10 statistically)

1. Michael Floyd

2. Golden Tate

3. Will Fuller

4. Jeff Samardzija

5. Maurice Stovall

6. Chase Claypool

7. Rhema Mcknight

8. TJ Jones

9. Arnaz Battle

10. Miles Boykin

Best Mojo Player ever to suit up for ND

1. Mike Anello - GOAT

What do you guys think?

Beat bama!

1. Michael Floyd

2. Golden Tate

3. Will Fuller

4. Jeff Samardzija

5. Maurice Stovall

6. Chase Claypool

7. Rhema Mcknight

8. TJ Jones

9. Arnaz Battle

10. Miles Boykin

what about Corey Robinson, Torii Hunter jr., David Grimes, Davaris Daniels, Chris Brown, E. St. Brown and Kevin Stepherson.

My top 5 would be in no particular order...

1. Floyd

2. Fuller

3. Claypool

4. Samardzija

5. Tate

To me, these are fun. Thought I'd take a stab at ranking the best WR's and RB'S since the Willingham era. Interested to see where people disagree!

1. Julius Jones

2. Ryan Grant

3. Dexter Williams

4. Kyren Williams

5. Josh Adams

6. CJ Prosise

7. Theo Riddick

8. Jonas Gray

9. Cierre Wood

10. Armando Allen

(asked me 15 years ago, thought James Aldridge would be at the top of that list...also I can't get over Darius Walker's lack of speed but he should definitely be in that top 10 statistically)

1. Michael Floyd

2. Golden Tate

3. Will Fuller

4. Jeff Samardzija

5. Maurice Stovall

6. Chase Claypool

7. Rhema Mcknight

8. TJ Jones

9. Arnaz Battle

10. Miles Boykin

1. Mike Anello - GOAT

What do you guys think?

Beat bama!

I started watching in 2004 so I can’t comment on them all. I really like your receiver list.

I have a few gripes with the running back list. This is just my opinion, but Kyren Williams is not in the same class as Gray, Wood, Prosise or Adams. Adams was a Heisman contender at one point, Jonas Gray was unstoppable until his injury, Wood and Prosise were just so talented. I think all should be in the top 6.

1. Julius Jones

2. Ryan Grant

3. Dexter Williams

4. Kyren Williams

5. Josh Adams

6. CJ Prosise

7. Theo Riddick

8. Jonas Gray

9. Cierre Wood

10. Armando Allen

1. Michael Floyd

2. Golden Tate

3. Will Fuller

4. Jeff Samardzija

5. Maurice Stovall

6. Chase Claypool

7. Rhema Mcknight

8. TJ Jones

9. Arnaz Battle

10. Miles Boykin

1. Mike Anello - GOAT

What do you guys think?

Beat bama!

I think my answer depends on what we mean by "best." Best career? Who would I rather have, healthy for one game? Because those are two very different lists in my opinion.

My top 5 RBs for one game, in a normal offense.

1) Julius Jones

2) Dexter Williams

3) CJ Procise

4) Jonas Gray

5) Armando Allen

Top 5 RB Careers

1) Julius Jones

2) Ryan Grant

3) Josh Adams

4) Darius Walker

5) Cierre Wood

Top 5 WRs for one game

1) Michael Floyd

2) Golden Tate

3) Chase Claypool

4) Jeff Samardjza

5) Will Fuller

Top 5 WR Career

1) Michael Floyd

2) Jeff Samardzja

3) Golden Tate

4) Will Fuller

5) TJ Jones

Really ND has had some really good players at a lot of positions but no one at either of these two that would be considered CFB Hall of Famers as far as I can tell. There's arguments to be made that Samardzja and Floyd were the best WRs in college football for at least a season when they were at ND, but after that no one really close to the cream of the crop.

I do think that if Dexter had been given the chance/quit testing positive for weed/whatever else we think/know was going on he'd be a lot higher up my career RB list. He had an unbelievable ability to hit a hole and be past the linebackers before they could blink, for a guy that never felt like a Chris Tyree sprinter type RB.

I have a few gripes with the running back list. This is just my opinion, but Kyren Williams is not in the same class as Gray, Wood, Prosise or Adams. Adams was a Heisman contender at one point, Jonas Gray was unstoppable until his injury, Wood and Prosise were just so talented. I think all should be in the top 6.

I actually feel the opposite about Josh Adams. I think he was a product of an offensive line loaded with first round draft picks, moreso than the rest of the RBs on the list. He wasn't bad by any means, but he was a heisman contender in spite of gaining 50 yards in the biggest game of the season against Georgia. I truly believe if Dexter/Julius Jones/Cierre Wood/Kyren Williams were getting those carries they gain more the 50 yards and may win the game. We will obviously never know, and this isn't meant as an insult to Adams, I just don't think he had the talent and the ability to make defenders miss that those other guys had.

Edited by Dardo

Love it!

Tate won the Biletnikoff - I'd say Tate, Samardzija, Fuller, and Floyd were the best or top two at their position in their peak years.

I was so out on Kyren Williams the first part of the season, but I've been blown away by his blocking and shiftiness. You're probably right putting some others ahead of him though.

I don't remember much of Ryan Grant's college career, I may have let his NFL success blind me. He has been the most successful NFL back from ND since Bettis (more than JJ I'd say since grant eclipsed 1k yards in three seasons in NFL)

I could be biased for whatever reason, but I remember Stovall being an absolute stud, especially on screens and deep fade routes. So much so that I put him ahead of Claypool. However if Claypool had Quinn throwing him the ball his college career may have looked very different.

All good choices!

This is just my opinion but I think a lot of these guys had flaws. Probably why none willl be elected to the college hof or why NS hasn’t won a championship in that time.

Saying this, their is one true #1 in my eyes at wide out.

Smardija(shark). The man made amazing over the shoulder catches..but made him stand out over the others for me is that he could run the full wide receiver tree. Posts, flags, drags, slants to the house. You name it he could run it. And run it good. He was also clutch. None of the receivers can say this.

Floyd is probably 2nd. He was great. But his speed was lacking. It also seemed majority of the time he was making amazing catches with guys draped all over him. He was the king of the go route.

Which is where a lot of these guys made there money..Kamara, Stovall, Daniels, Robinson.

Tate was good too but he had strong hands but was a chest catcher. You would see balls bounce off his chest only for him to catch it and take it to the house. The best slant runner. But he didn’t run a lot of routes besides slants and go’s.

Which leads me to Fuller. The king of the bubble screen. Awesome screen runner and go routes but lacked everything else.

So...my list goes off being able to run everything.

1 Shark

2 Floyd

3 Tate

4 Claypool

5 TJ Jones

Continued...

Tyler is a TE.....

List would be quite different if TEs were included.

I know he was a tight end. Wasn't Jeff Samardjza a TE, iirc?

edit - Just googled it, sorry I remembered incorrectly. Idk why I thought I remembered him being a TE. As I was.

Edited by NYGoldenDomer
I know he was a tight end. Wasn't Jeff Samardjza a TE, iirc?

edit - Just googled it, sorry I remembered incorrectly. Idk why I thought I remembered him being a TE. As I was.

Don’t let his whiteness fool you :).

Tightends....that’s a whole new group.

Rudolph

Carlsen

Eifert wr to tightend...

and in and on.

This is one position you can debate for sure.

Don’t let his whiteness fool you :).

Tightends....that’s a whole new group.

Rudolph

Carlsen

Eifert wr to tightend...

and in and on.

This is one position you can debate for sure.

Has nothing to do with his skin color, I just remembered incorrectly( I know you said it in jest)