Am I the only one?

For some reason I don't have that "they're going to pound us" feeling. I had it for the Clemson game as I have always felt TL is a once a decade game changing QB.

Bama seems suspect. Their DL is stupid young as well as their safeties which are suspect. Their LB's are very good but not "great". Their QB is accurate as hell but has no wheels and can get rattled when pressured which doesn't happen much.

If we can get the running game going at all we have some shots down field. If we can get some pressure on the QB, I think we don't only have a shot at being embarrassed, but I really think we have a shot in this game. It's all about their OL against our DL and backers in this game. This isn't 2012's Bama. I really think if Bama plays Clemson this year, Clemson will embarrass them as well.

Anyone else feel this way?

For some reason I don't have that "they're going to pound us" feeling. I had it for the Clemson game as I have always felt TL is a once a decade game changing QB.

Bama seems suspect. Their DL is stupid young as well as their safeties which are suspect. Their LB's are very good but not "great". Their QB is accurate as hell but has no wheels and can get rattled when pressured which doesn't happen much.

If we can get the running game going at all we have some shots down field. If we can get some pressure on the QB, I think we don't only have a shot at being embarrassed, but I really think we have a shot in this game. It's all about their OL against our DL and backers in this game. This isn't 2012's Bama. I really think if Bama plays Clemson this year, Clemson will embarrass them as well.

Anyone else feel this way?

As I do my homework on Bama, a few things stick out.

Perimeter speed- Those receivers can get behind DB's in a blink.

Perimeter coverage- Corners look great.

So we have to get physical on the perimeter

Use our Wide body receivers to catch back shoulder 50/50 balls. Think Boykin vs LSU

If we get beat outside take the penalty when you can.

More later

As I do my homework on Bama, a few things stick out.

Perimeter speed- Those receivers can get behind DB's in a blink.

Perimeter coverage- Corners look great.

So we have to get physical on the perimeter

Use our Wide body receivers to catch back shoulder 50/50 balls. Think Boykin vs LSU

If we get beat outside take the penalty when you can.

More later

Yes! Play loose, hopefully the OL can give a bit of time. If Book can scramble a bit and we play some "street ball" I really think we have a chance. I know,, "wishful thinking". We'll see

My feeling of impending pounding will offset your non-feeling of incoming pounding. Is Brian Kelly still our coach? Does Alabama QB have covid? Are their top defensive players injured? If not then Kelly will get pounded and embarrassed again. Prepare for Kelly 3.0 coming up.

My feeling of impending pounding will offset your non-feeling of incoming pounding. Is Brian Kelly still our coach? Does Alabama QB have covid? Are their top defensive players injured? If not then Kelly will get pounded and embarrassed again. Prepare for Kelly 3.0 coming up.

I hate the anxiety of incoming pounding... But I believe you are right. We're just gonna have to lay there and take it.

I hate the anxiety of incoming pounding... But I believe you are right. We're just gonna have to lay there and take it.

I don't understand people ignore our history and believe something different will happen. Brian Kelly while a good coach is not a big game coach. He freezes and panics. Clemson this year was ballyhooed as a turning point but Clemson was badly depleted.

Insanity- doing the same behavior over and over again and expecting a different result. Evidence says we will be embarrassed unless a Covid outbreak happens.

IMO, NDs best chance to win is to play like they did against Clemson the first time but get to the QB more. Hold down Najee Harris and get to Mac Jones a few times to speed him up. Much easier said than done. They will have to play perfect on O or have Bama stumble for some reason with their O. Davis/Williams/Tyree will have to be huge as offensive skill speed because ND lacks it bad and Bama will force that hand. ND can keep it respectable if they improve in the redzone.

I will consider a loss of 14 or less as a win. Bama has been pounding everyone and I don’t expect it to be any different when we play them.

Keep it respectable and the next time we’re considered for a playoff spot, maybe we’ll get the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully, Kelly had his team breaking down Alabama film weeks ago.

And hopefully, he and Rees can come up with some wrinkles that Alabama will not be expecting that exploit whatever weaknesses (or at least their weakest strength) the Tide has on defense.

That might last a quarter until Alabama adjusts. Then the second round of adjustments are needed.

On defense, hopefully Lea will hold off house hunting in Nashville for a few weeks and come up with a game plan which will slow down Alabama to 30-ish points.

ND also needs to win the turnover battle by at least 3 with at least one defensive score to have a shot (IMO) .

I will consider a loss of 14 or less as a win. Bama has been pounding everyone and I don’t expect it to be any different when we play them.

Keep it respectable and the next time we’re considered for a playoff spot, maybe we’ll get the benefit of the doubt.

I agree. Anything closer than 14 points is a major win. That paired with Clemson destroying OSU (very possible IMO) would be great for ND.

I am hopeful honestly. Anything can happen when you play the game. I admit that a close game is probably the best thing to reasonably hope for but I don’t think that an ND win heralds the apocalypse or anything. Fingers crossed I don’t think it is worth throwing in the towel yet.

Honestly if this is Books last game then he needs to let it fly. I don’t mean stupidly. But take one on one chances. He seems to afraid to sometimes. He needs to laugh and let it out. ND needs him to be at his best.

The wideouts need to say this is my day and not be afraid to make a big play. Never quit on a ball and make some ballsy catches.

We have an advantage every year with the Tightends. Let’s not drift away so quickly after making some plays.

Be creative Tommy with the play-calling. If they are consistently beating our o-line, then run counters, screens and races and make them overpursue. Wham blocks, throw back tightend screens. Tightend screens. Screw bubble screens. They are too fast. But anything that is going to make them overpursue. I would use Williams as a check down block more too.

Defense. They’ll be fine if they decide to come play when they step off the bus. Also, we can’t afford to have Lea make his second half adjustments at the start of the third. He needs to recognize what they are doing and fix that right away. ND can’t afford to go down 14 and then start blitzing more and taking chances.

This very well could be the last game of the year. They need to play like it and not hold anything back. Throw every play you have at them. Play loose and have fun. But also play with a mad streak and killer attitude.

That’s the only way I see them winning this game.

Saban will be shooting for complete and total domination of the Irish. If Alabama doesn't score close to 50 it will only be because Saban calls off the dogs and brings in the cheerleaders.

I will be surprised if ND scores 10 points against the Tide's starting lineup.

If the planets align and if several miracles happen simultaneously across the world.... if ND defeats Alabama it would go down as the largest upset in modern sports history.

their offensive center is out for the season like ours

Saban will be shooting for complete and total domination of the Irish. If Alabama doesn't score close to 50 it will only be because Saban calls off the dogs and brings in the cheerleaders.

I will be surprised if ND scores 10 points against the Tide's starting lineup.

If the planets align and if several miracles happen simultaneously across the world.... if ND defeats Alabama it would go down as the largest upset in modern sports history.

Bigger than the US hockey beating the Russians?

Bigger than Rocky beating Ivan Drago?

Bigger than the US hockey beating the Russians?

Bigger than Rocky beating Ivan Drago?

Close to Stanford upsetting USC. That is sad really. We recruit close to Florida level and recruit better then Ole Miss but we will not keep it nearly as close. We have an Achilles heel and that is a coach who cannot win the big game( minus covid outbreak). He is our John Cooper. Someone who is a good coach but rarely ( never)rises up to beat times with more talent.

For some reason I don't have that "they're going to pound us" feeling.

If I believed that we would come to the game with an offensive game plan that showed me creativity, sure, I wouldn't have that feeling either. If I believed that we would break out some personnel groupings not yet seen; if I believed we would design some plays that get the pocket moving rather than having Book smothered in a static pocket; if I believed we would use little slip screens; if I believed we would use the passing game as an extension of the running game and get Avery involved in that; if I believed we would take some calculated deep shots early, and on early downs, to show them we WILL go down field; if I believed that the offensive staff would have urgency and be engaged in a constant chess match w/them, and be ready with a plan b, c, d & e when Bama takes away what we are doing, I wouldn't have that feeling. If I thought Kelly could shelve his stubbornness & admit to himself that we are over-matched, but we will have some clever ways to counter that. But...... I don't believe any of it.

Look, I get it. In the 2nd Clemson game, you keep with the formula & offensive game plan you've been developing & refining & having success with all season, including against them, but you also go IN TO the game knowing that Venables is going to be hell-bent on NOT letting you do that stuff and will have some of his horses back that ARE difference-makers, so you are prepared to adjust quickly when things start to break down. I sure as hell didn't see that mentality, so I don't know why I should expect to see anything different for this upcoming game.

If I believed that we would come to the game with an offensive game plan that showed me creativity, sure, I wouldn't have that feeling either. If I believed that we would break out some personnel groupings not yet seen; if I believed we would design some plays that get the pocket moving rather than having Book smothered in a static pocket; if I believed we would use little slip screens; if I believed we would use the passing game as an extension of the running game and get Avery involved in that; if I believed we would take some calculated deep shots early, and on early downs, to show them we WILL go down field; if I believed that the offensive staff would have urgency and be engaged in a constant chess match w/them, and be ready with a plan b, c, d & e when Bama takes away what we are doing, I wouldn't have that feeling. If I thought Kelly could shelve his stubbornness & admit to himself that we are over-matched, but we will have some clever ways to counter that. But...... I don't believe any of it.

Look, I get it. In the 2nd Clemson game, you keep with the formula & offensive game plan you've been developing & refining & having success with all season, including against them, but you also go IN TO the game knowing that Venables is going to be hell-bent on NOT letting you do that stuff and will have some of his horses back that ARE difference-makers, so you are prepared to adjust quickly when things start to break down. I sure as hell didn't see that mentality, so I don't know why I should expect to see anything different for this upcoming game.

Especially when history shows BK teams are great at offensive adjustments on the fly. You shut us down and we keep trying to force the square peg in the round hole. Stubborn is an understatement. He thinks he is as good as Dabo and Saban, Meyer when in reality is is nowhere near their level.

The film I'd study closely is the Florida game. As much as I don't prefer Dan Mullen, they found holes in the defense consistently as Bama stayed in man defense. They also found creative ways to get the ball to their speed guys.

That’s just it. Alabama plays a lot of man. Will we be creative? Will we see Book instantly run for 7 yards because they are playing man so much?

The film I'd study closely is the Florida game. As much as I don't prefer Dan Mullen, they found holes in the defense consistently as Bama stayed in man defense. They also found creative ways to get the ball to their speed guys.

That’s the thing, ND doesn’t have a vertical passing game. I hate the fatalistic attitude, but i can’t logically justify ND being competitive in this game.