• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, if we can get beat by less than 20 points I would be impressed.

I wouldn't be impressed but at least it is better then A & M. I have never felt so resigned to our impending ***-whopping ever before. What a kick in the junk to start out on cloud nine and AGAIN have that ball yanked back. Being a laughingstock again sucks, and that is what we are.

I wouldn't be impressed but at least it is better then A & M. I have never felt so resigned to our impending ***-whopping ever before. What a kick in the junk to start out on cloud nine and AGAIN have that ball yanked back. Being a laughingstock again sucks, and that is what we are.

This makes no sense to me.

Alabama beat Georgia, the #9 team by 17 and score the last 24 points in the game.

They beat the #5 team by 28.

They lead the #7 team by 14 with 4:00 minutes left.

It isn’t like getting beat by double digits by Alabama never happens to anyone else.

Who cares if Nd loses by 20, so does everyone else.

ND isn’t a laughingstock anymore than these other teams are then. Just like when Nd lost 31-3 to Clemson in 2018, was Alabama a laughingstock since they lost by a similar score?

Alabama is miles better than everyone but Clemson and they have been for years now. That’s life.

Alabama beat Georgia, the #9 team by 17 and score the last 24 points in the game.

It isn’t like getting beat by double digits by Alabama never happens to anyone else.

ND isn’t a laughingstock anymore than these other teams are then. Just like when Nd lost 31-3 to Clemson in 2018, was Alabama a laughingstock since they lost by a similar score?

Alabama is miles better than everyone but Clemson and they have been for years now. That’s life.

We are a laughingstock. When other people and pundits view you as a also ran who is constantly clubbed like a baby seal in big games and are only propped up because of the Name and history they laugh at you. Now you may say who cares? Well I do and perception is reality sometimes. Florida and Ole Miss challenged Bama. Will we? Not likely. We will be embarrassed again and firmly secure our spot as a laughingstock in the hierarchy. You may not like it but it is true. Our team shifts the bed on the big stage which rest at the feet of the leader. It is sad that we hope to keep it within 20 points. It is ****ing pathetic how far our expectations have fallen and waved the white flag. Kelly is a good coach, but will NEVER be great. He lacks "it". We are different then everyone because of what we were and still pretend to be. Hell even a depleted Virginia tech and Syracuse played better against a Lawrence led Clemson. I want the national embarrassments to end. That is not expecting to much.

We beat a depleted Clemson team and people in ND land were proclaiming Kelly being as strong as Holtz. Talk about delusional.

I typed this on my phone so I did not proof read it. But we are a laughingstock and worthy of that label until we earn something.

Why the **** when Notre Dame gets shutdown at the beginning of a game offensively there seems to be no plan b? Nope continue to call plays that almost seem known by the opposition. Almost like they know we will not adjust and we fold and shrug our shoulders if stopped. That is ****ing coaching and is a ****ing failure of leadership. In every shitting of the bed it has been the same m.o. We have no plan b and become so predictable.

Edited by cali_domer

I see only opportunities here. First everyone thinks ND is going to get clobbered (even most on this ND site). So the bar is set very low. This is an opportunity for ND to make a statement that they belong without even having to win the game. Just have a decent showing.....which they can do.

Also this is an opportunity to make loads of money. Come on I know Alabama is good but the line making them almost a 3 TD favorite. That is a lot of points. Bama just needs a W and to stay healthy for the big game against Clemson. They don’t need to make a statement against ND. I am taking the points and betting the house on this one!

I see only opportunities here. First everyone thinks ND is going to get clobbered (even most on this ND site). So the bar is set very low. This is an opportunity for ND to make a statement that they belong without even having to win the game. Just have a decent showing.....which they can do.

Also this is an opportunity to make loads of money. Come on I know Alabama is good but the line making them almost a 3 TD favorite. That is a lot of points. Bama just needs a W and to stay healthy for the big game against Clemson. They don’t need to make a statement against ND. I am taking the points and betting the house on this one!

yeah nobody think ND will come close to winning so just let it fly and play loose and see what happens.

Did you watch the Clemson game? That line should be higher if anything. Kelly is still our coach so prepare to be disappointed. I would be curious to see Kelly's record after a bye or after 10 day or more.

The difference is that ND has been getting blown out in just about every big game they've played in in recent memory.

The difference is that ND has been getting blown out in just about every big game they've played in in recent memory.

This is just flatly not true.

Is Georgia a laughingstock? They got blown out by Alabama this year and lost by 27 to LSU last year.

what was the reason the playoff committee selected ND over A&M?

If you stopped at the end of the season and considered the two without playing conference championships, ND had the better resume. A&M had one loss and we had none. The UNC win looked really good after they smoked undefeated Miami. We didn't have to play the ACC Championship and A&M wasn't invited to theirs. So when you compare apples to apples at the end of the regular season, we were better.

For the wieners out there who are whining about us getting into this game because they want their ego stroked with a win versus playing the hardest competition and playing for a chance, no matter how small, to win a national title, I'd say grow a pair or follow Michigan... 1) We earned our chance. 2) This is more about money than merit. We are national champs when it comes to viewing audience, so I'll take being in the best game possible to get more money to build more big buildings on campus. That's what it's about...It's not about your ego.

Is Georgia a laughingstock? They got blown out by Alabama this year and lost by 27 to LSU last year.

I get your premise. But ND has lost every playoff game by a humiliating margin. You can say ND has beat LSU and Clemson recently, but there’s always an asterisks, or a but. When it comes down to ND lining up mono y mono with both teams at full strength, it’s never a victory for ND.

They had this chance Saturday night and could not deliver.

I can’t believe home many of you are whining...

If you are ascared...get a dog.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

And isn’t there something about the odds being great or small?

I get it but I’m torching the boats...ain’t afraid and I believe we are going play our asses off!!!

Go Irish!

#shocktheworld

No, because Georgia doesn't have the reputation ND has gotten for choking in the big games.

2001 Fiesta Bowl

OSU - 41

ND - 9

2006 Fiesta Bowl

tOSU -34

ND - 20

2007 Sugar Bowl

LSU - 41

ND - 14

2013 - BCS

Alabama - 42

ND -14

2016 Fiesta Bowl

tOSU - 44

ND - 28

2018 Cotton Bowl

Clemson - 30

ND - 3

OSU has choked in every national championship they played. They’re the Buffalo Bills of college football. Regardless...live by the 4th rule of Cobra Kai... Don’t be a pu$$y.

Maybe you missed it but, unlike the Bills, Ohio St did actually win NCs in 2002 and 2014. Both of which happen to be just a little more recent than 1988.

No, because Georgia doesn't have the reputation ND has gotten for choking in the big games.

Unfortunately that reputation for "choking" is pretty much deserved. In seven "major" post-season games since 2001, ND is 0-7 and has been outscored 266-98. That is an average score of 38-14.

In that list, I include 2001 Fiesta, 2006 Fiesta, 2007 Sugar, 2013 - BCS, 2016 Fiesta, 2018 CFP (Cotton), & 2020 ACC CG.

Just like Dabo had to overcome the Tigers' rap for "Clemsoning", Kelly needs to win a major post-season game otherwise the new verb is going to be "Irishing".