• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so stunningly dumb it is awe inspiring. I hope you are just trolling at this point because if you’re not it is just sad. Once again literally nothing you’re saying about the vaccine is close to being true, not being FDA approved is the most ridiculous thing you have posted. It was approved in December. I have dozens of friends in the medical profession ranging from nurses to people who work in administration of hospitals and everything else in between and guess what they’ve all gotten their vaccine and are fine. Why would 98% of doctors in the country take something if they weren’t sure it was ok for them. They are so frustrated by people like you who think there is something nefarious going on. I went to a hockey last Sunday with my friend who’s a doctor and his wife, the thing that gets him is the people who are complaining about not being able to do this or that are the same people who won’t get a shot and thus prolong things from getting back to normal. The fact that people are making a vaccine that has been tested, scrutinized and analyzed like every other piece of medicine into a political stance really pissed him off when this is just based on science.

Edit: Forgot you brought up my political affiliation earlier I’m a registered republican jackass.

Just to be 100% clear, none of these vaccines are FDA approved. Not one.

They are allowed under an Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA.

The vaccines will still have to undergo the full approval process by the FDA, and that will likely take a year or two more.

Sorry for your loss. To the issue of how MY insurance pays for my medical treatment, with all due respect is none of yours or anyone else business.

Insurance is based on shared risk. If some individuals smoke, are overweight, abuse alcohol or drugs, or ride without helmets, etc., it raises costs for insurance companies who then need to spread those costs among its base of insured customers.

So it is other people's business if you or other individuals take part in unhealthy or risky behavior which then causes "everyone's" rates to increase.

Insurance is based on shared risk. If some individuals smoke, are overweight, abuse alcohol or drugs, or ride without helmets, etc., it raises costs for insurance companies who then need to spread those costs among its base of insured customers.

So it is other people's business if you or other individuals take part in unhealthy or risky behavior which then causes "everyone's" rates to increase.

Might want to call your Representative and have laws changed then. And no, my health habits are still none of your business.

But they still say it's safe. There are more than this too. But I'm not going to bother as it won't change liberals minds anyway. Because "Fauci says it's safe" LOL He's right as much as a broken clock. https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2021/02/18/macomb-covid-vaccine-death-daniel-thayne-simpson/4380833001/

Daniel Thayne Simpson, a retired accountant from Chesterfield Township who served in the Navy during the Korean War, got his first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on Feb. 3.

Daniel Thayne Simpson, 90, a retired accountant from Chesterfield Township, died hours after receiving his first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

The next day, Simpson, 90, was dead. "

Guess what, odds are that someone died from an auto accident within 24 hours of getting a vaccine shot. I guess we could blame their death on the vaccine too?

Might want to call your Representative and have laws changed then. And no, my health habits are still none of your business.

Why do you bother to wear a seat belt if you do not wear a helmet? If it were not against the law, would you skip wearing a seat belt?

• Helmets saved an estimated 1,859 lives in 2016.
  • If all motorcyclists would have worn helmets in 2016, 802 more could have been saved.
    [*]Each year, the United States could save more than $1billion in economic costs if all motorcyclists wore helmets.
  • Helmets reduce the risk of death by 37%.
  • Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 69%.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/mc/index.html

Guess what, odds are that someone died from an auto accident within 24 hours of getting a vaccine shot. I guess we could blame their death on the vaccine too?

I wouldn't put it past them if it fit their agenda. I believe this because that's exactly what they have been doing with the virus deaths. Die in a car crash? Of the regular flu? Of a infected dog bite? If he was coughing or had a temperature, CLASSIFY IT COVID! That has been admitted to and doing to pump those covid death numbers from the beginning including hospitals doing it too for Gov't money. Fact! LOL

Edited by SpeedsterX
Why do you bother to wear a seat belt if you do not wear a helmet? If it were not against the law, would you skip wearing a seat belt?

Maybe, but I doubt it. Why? Because I CHOSE to not wear it. It wasn't a law and I didn't care for wearing one. I have that freedom. I don't ride anymore but when I did, that's what I chose.

LOL And this started as someone asking if I'll be taking the vaccine and why I won't. I answered concisely and honestly and some douches decide they know best for me. When I said because they use parts from aborted babies, some numbskull actually said, "They aren't using parts, they are using cells from aborted babies" That just made me shake my head at the stupidity.

Then the snowflakes got triggered and started arguing semantics and virtue signaling to the max. LOL Can't just let free people make up their own mind or feel the need to show how "woke" they are regurgitating the fake news "facts". Libs or condescending azzes always trying to FORCE their ideology on others. :lalala: :pound:

Sorry Speed, sounds like you're 0/2 on profiling people's political affiliation. Big Dog and I must be the fake conservatives - critical reading skills, care for our community - you know the type.

Good luck with your continued owning of fellow Americans. I'm sorry to say I'll miss your eventual thread on how the libs and condescending azzes need to stop forcing their handicap parking ideology on you. "Sucks for you handicapped, don't look for help from me!"

Maybe, but I doubt it. Why? Because I CHOSE to not wear it. It wasn't a law and I didn't care for wearing one. I have that freedom. I don't ride anymore but when I did, that's what I chose.

LOL And this started as someone asking if I'll be taking the vaccine and why I won't. I answered concisely and honestly and some douches decide they know best for me. When I said because they use parts from aborted babies, some numbskull actually said, "They aren't using parts, they are using cells from aborted babies" That just made me shake my head at the stupidity.

Then the snowflakes got triggered and started arguing semantics and virtue signaling to the max. LOL Can't just let free people make up their own mind or feel the need to show how "woke" they are regurgitating the fake news "facts". Libs or condescending azzes always trying to FORCE their ideology on others. :lalala: :pound:

That is not what I said. I said that they do not use cells or body parts at all in the vaccines, at least prized and Moderna. I said they use cells in other popular vaccines you may have already taken. Then Irish wave, your buddy, schooled you some more. First bold sentence, I could careless what you personally do or anything about you as you probably do with me as well. I only made the point, because of general misinformation out there, and the spread of it. You are a great representative of this board, “administrator” , btw calling people names and acting like a child.

Not even sure how this site works, but if one has Moderator displayed with their name, even if it's not for this particular section of the site, shouldn't they be above the fray and avoid all the tit for tat pettiness?....and have the discipline to not feel compelled to respond to every single thing said?, let alone low blows and junior-high-level insults?

1) Insurance is a choice. 2) Other people's rates don't rise - yours do. They measure you based on your individual risk factors.

Insurance 101 if you ever want to hold an insurance license.

I have dozens of friends in the medical profession ranging from nurses to people who work in administration of hospitals and everything else in between and guess what they’ve all gotten their vaccine and are fine. Why would 98% of doctors in the country take something if they weren’t sure it was ok for them.

If we're splitting hairs, many of them took it because their employers (the hospitals or healthcare organizations) forced them to if they wanted to continue being employed. So, there really wasn't a choice for many of them, whether they wanted to get the vax or not.

Two, why are you so pissy about people getting their vaccines? It doesn't affect you. Get the vaccine if you want. Speedster not getting the vaccine doesn't affect you one bit. Stop being a rhino about it and let people be accountable to themselves, Dolores.

It would be different if he refused to get the flu vaccine or shingles vaccine which can literally kill infants who are not old enough to be vaccinated. Flu is flu and shingles will melt the infant's brain...so, he literally would put people in harms way by refusing that vaccine if he caught either of those viruses and passed them along. Not so with Covid, though.

1) Insurance is a choice. 2) Other people's rates don't rise - yours do. They measure you based on your individual risk factors.

Insurance 101 if you ever want to hold an insurance license.

For most people who source their health insurance through their employer, there are only a few factors which can impact rates. Not counting coverage levels and deductibles, age and state are basically it. Even in a fair number of situations, age and even state are not used to create different rates for different employees.

As a result, for most employee plans, there is no difference in rates for a 35 year old, 350 pound person who smokes, is diabetic, and rides a motorcycle without a helmet and a 35 year old who does not smoke, is in excellent health, and does not have any dangerous behaviors.

So, since it appears that you have an insurance broker's license, can you explain to me how individual risk factors come into play?

For most people who source their health insurance through their employer, there are only a few factors which can impact rates. Not counting coverage levels and deductibles, age and state are basically it. Even in a fair number of situations, age and even state are not used to create different rates for different employees.

As a result, for most employee plans, there is no difference in rates for a 35 year old, 350 pound person who smokes, is diabetic, and rides a motorcycle without a helmet and a 35 year old who does not smoke, is in excellent health, and does not have any dangerous behaviors.

So, since it appears that you have an insurance broker's license, can you explain to me how individual risk factors come into play?

That is true. If we are talking car insurance personal records absolutely matter with rates. However, the insurance companies will increase overall for areas there is more theft, higher likelihood of accidents and yes even helmet laws/no law.

Sorry Speed, sounds like you're 0/2 on profiling people's political affiliation. Big Dog and I must be the fake conservatives - critical reading skills, care for our community - you know the type.

Good luck with your continued owning of fellow Americans. I'm sorry to say I'll miss your eventual thread on how the libs and condescending azzes need to stop forcing their handicap parking ideology on you. "Sucks for you handicapped, don't look for help from me!"

Literally nothing you or Big Dog have said resembles anything any sort of conservative would say. Like a typical liberal, you and Big Dog resort to personal attacks and name calling. I'll call BS... I bet you voted for Biden. Hopefully you do not have any diabetic family members, as the price of insulin just skyrocketed (100% Biden's fault). But hey, he cares about the people right...

Whoever said something about a family member being affected by Covid-19 nonsense. I had a grandparent die from the flu 7 years ago, you dont see me acting like a sheep, scared out of my mind, and demanding others take the flu seriously. Also, if you honestly think 500,000 Americans have died from Covid-19, I have a bridge to sell you. Nothing like working a motorcycle fatality and have that same motorcyclist being listed as a Covid-19 death... Gee, here I thought it was the fact that his brain is no longer attached to his body that I saw with my own eyes. What do I know though, I am not a doctor.

This is still very much an experimental drug for a virus that is not much deadlier (if any) than the seasonal flu. Those doctors from California (which were censored by Big Tech) turned out to be pretty accurate.

Edited by NDhoosier
Literally nothing you or Big Dog have said resembles anything any sort of conservative would say. Like a typical liberal, you and Big Dog resort to personal attacks and name calling. I'll call BS... I bet you voted for Biden. Hopefully you do not have any diabetic family members, as the price of insulin just skyrocketed (100% Biden's fault). But hey, he cares about the people right...

This is why it is hard to take you seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.statesman.com/amp/4359751001

On Jan. 14, 2021, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, tweeted, "2day Sen Wyden & I released Finance Cmte report on INSULIN costs Prices hv gone THRU THE ROOF for patients/taxpayers bc of manufacturer, health plan & PBM biz practices They make $$ as % of ballooning list price so no incentive to lower price on 100 yr old drug."

Notice the date of this.

This is why it is hard to take you seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.statesman.com/amp/4359751001

On Jan. 14, 2021, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, tweeted, "2day Sen Wyden & I released Finance Cmte report on INSULIN costs Prices hv gone THRU THE ROOF for patients/taxpayers bc of manufacturer, health plan & PBM biz practices They make $$ as % of ballooning list price so no incentive to lower price on 100 yr old drug."

Notice the date of this.

This is why it's hard to take you seriously.

https://djhjmedia.com/rich/biden-kills-trump-executive-orders-designed-to-lower-drug-prices-for-americans-including-insulin/

"On Thursday, President Biden’s US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) killed off Trump executive orders that were designed to lower prescription drug prices significantly for Americans, including insulin and epinephrine."

He did it. It's a fact and insulin prices are through the roof due to the big Pharma companies that has Biden in their pockets have raised them and there is no indication that Biden will unfreeze Trumps executive order to lower them. Again, semantics with you Rino's! We say the sky is blue, and you rino's would say, "NO you're wrong, it's actually an Indigo-Cobalt!" Good God! SMDH!

Edited by SpeedsterX
This is why it's hard to take you seriously.

https://djhjmedia.com/rich/biden-kills-trump-executive-orders-designed-to-lower-drug-prices-for-americans-including-insulin/

"On Thursday, President Biden’s US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) killed off Trump executive orders that were designed to lower prescription drug prices significantly for Americans, including insulin and epinephrine."

He did it. It's a fact and insulin prices are through the roof due to the big Pharma companies that has Biden in their pockets have raised them and there is no indication that Biden will unfreeze Trumps executive order to lower them. Again, semantics with you Rino's! We say the sky is blue, and you rino's would say, "NO you're wrong, it's actually an Indigo-Cobalt!" Good God! SMDH!

“Donald Trump, love him or hate him, was a president for the people and not the elitists. That’s why the Woke Supremacists had to get rid of him at any cost. He truly is the blue-collar billionaire.”

Nice non-biased article. My post was actually from a republican, Grassleys statement from prior to Biden taking over. Again, are there human body parts in the moderna vaccine? That’s really all you need to ask yourself administrator.

20 yrs of ethics and integrity while you call people “libtards”, “douches”, “snowflakes”, “fn morons”. I’m sure. Pretty sure all these thing ls are against this sites “rules”, not seeing much integrity or ethics here. Might as well use your powers to “cancel” (ban) me while you are at it with the hypocrisy.

Edited by Jim2Dokes
“Donald Trump, love him or hate him, was a president for the people and not the elitists. That’s why the Woke Supremacists had to get rid of him at any cost. He truly is the blue-collar billionaire.”

Nice non-biased article. My post was actually from a republican, Grassleys statement from prior to Biden taking over. Again, are there human body parts in the moderna vaccine? That’s really all you need to ask yourself administrator.

20 yrs of ethics and integrity while you call people “libtards”, “douches”, “snowflakes”, “fn morons”. I’m sure. Pretty sure all these thing ls are against this sites “rules”, not seeing much integrity or ethics here. Might as well use your powers to “cancel” (ban) me while you are at it with the hypocrisy.

Ouch! Hit a nerve did I? LOL You guys have been calling each other names throughout this thread, give me a break!

You don't give my links credit because they are right leaning but the whole MSM is left leaning including your links. "C'mon man" LOL

BTW, your first paragraph is actually a fact. No, I'm not a "snowflake" or a "Rino" (don't cry, they're just words) It's called debating. I'm not saying I am COMPLETELY correct but YOU sure as hell aren't either. (I don't remember calling anyone here personally a "F'n moron")

I won't "cancel" you or ban you. You have contributed to this site about our beloved Irish too much through the years. This is only political differences between you and I that we both fell very strongly about. It's called FREE SPEECH, and we try and let that happen as much as possible here, well, until it's extremely personal or vulgar. Yes, that's for us as Admin working for a private site to decide whether someone likes it or not or until ownership changes things.

Look, we all need to lighten up a bit. Yes, it can be a bit fun to go back and forth, to debate some things we are truly convinced that "our" way is the right way. But then it can get a bit personal and feelings can get hurt so we (all of us) can lash out.

This started out with if I would take the vaccine. I said no. I was called selfish and practically a killer. LOL I am not sick (thank God). Do I wear a mask? Usually. Do I try and stay away from others? Usually. Do I use hand sanitizer when I can? Yes I do, always have since 20 years ago working as a paramedic got me into the practice. Will I take the vaccine? NO! I choose not to. Simple as that. If I start to feel sick, I will stay in and get over it as any time I would feel sick.

Now about the other political issues (nothing covid related) yes, we have deep divides but that for other threads or conversations. As a libertarian, I was shocked Trump won the election with Hillary. I would have NEVEr voted for her so I voted for Trump (anyone but that hag)! I truly believe Trump haters did the same last year. Do I believe there was cheating? Of course! There's cheating in EVERY election from probably before I was born, but not like this. It was too obvious to me. Do I believe the Country is better off with Trump as POTUS right now. YES I DO!

Of course we have other issues such as climate change, energy independence, border issues, economics, racial issues, etc. etc. etc. I personally have tried to stay out of it all here. It was MY recommendation to leave politics off this site but years ago I was over ruled. So here we are. "A Notre Dame Football Family" at odds. In my opinion there's enough "odds" in the conversation of Irish Football that leaves enough issues than adding politics into the conversations. BUT, here we are. LOL

My mantra has always been, "You do you, I'll do me" or "Live and let live". But some just cannot seem to flick that chip on their shoulder because someone said they might or are definitely wrong. Guilty as charged at times here too. I just want this site to be a fun and interactive experience with guys and gals even with differences that could meet at a tailgate and laugh over some beers and brats.

Those are my last words on this. Y'all can continue or whatever. I'll see you all in the football threads. Be safe, be healthy, like I said, "You do you!" GO IRISH!

giphy.gif

Got my vaccine 3 weeks ago. Took the day off today and went to the local brewery to watch the games and have a few pints!

I hope you kept your mask on between your stool and the bathroom to prevent deaths.