What is your stance on wearing seat belts and motorcycle helmets? Do you think that there should be no laws regarding those two items?

I wear my seatbelt and since I have been a Harley rider for over 20 years, I never wear a helmet. "My body, my choice", Savvy?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Qanon? LOL I know nothing about that. This is research. You should do some of your own.

I’ll get the receipts from other threads if you want me to. What research are you talking about, you’ve provided literally zero viable examples while others provided evidence to prove your dumb stance wrong.

I’ll get the receipts from other threads if you want me to. What research are you talking about, you’ve provided literally zero viable examples while others provided evidence to prove your dumb stance wrong.

You missed my link? LOL Look if what you say is true, then you get the shot and you're bulletproof. What do you care if I don't? Afraid I'll kill grandma who also refused it? Her choice too. "Her body, her choice" ain't that your liberals saying?? You do you cowboy, and leave me out of it. No, I"LL leave me out of it. It's called freedom. Have a nice day.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/you-can-still-spread-develop-covid-19-after-getting-a-vaccine-what-to-know. "Experts say people can still spread and even develop COVID-19 after getting a vaccine."

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/can-you-spread-coronavirus-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine/. "According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a person who is vaccinated against COVID-19 can still be infected with or “carry” the virus that causes COVID-19 while not feeling sick or having symptoms. Experts call this “asymptomatic infection.”

https://keyt.com/health/2021/02/15/you-can-still-spread-covid-19-after-getting-vaccine-what-you-should-know/"However, as Robertson explained, some people who have been vaccinated can still contract and transmit COVID-19, even if they received both doses of the vaccine."

Just a few

You missed my link? LOL Look if what you say is true, then you get the shot and you're bulletproof. What do you care if I don't? Afraid I'll kill grandma who also refused it? Her choice too. "Her body, her choice" ain't that your liberals saying?? You do you cowboy, and leave me out of it. No, I"LL leave me out of it. It's called freedom. Have a nice day.

No it’s being ****ing selfish. Have you lost anyone you know to this, because I have co-worker on Christmas Day. Are you having long term issues from having COVID because I am. When are children going to get vaccinated, we don’t know yet. So you’re out and about you’re standing in line you’re asymmetric or worse, because you would definitely still go out the way you’re talking, a kid or baby being held their parent is standing by you. You get that kid sick, the kid has long term issues or worse that’s your fault, that’s why you get vaccinated, that’s why you’re selfish if you don’t get vaccinated.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/you-can-still-spread-develop-covid-19-after-getting-a-vaccine-what-to-know. "Experts say people can still spread and even develop COVID-19 after getting a vaccine."

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/can-you-spread-coronavirus-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine/. "According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a person who is vaccinated against COVID-19 can still be infected with or “carry” the virus that causes COVID-19 while not feeling sick or having symptoms. Experts call this “asymptomatic infection.”

https://keyt.com/health/2021/02/15/you-can-still-spread-covid-19-after-getting-vaccine-what-you-should-know/"However, as Robertson explained, some people who have been vaccinated can still contract and transmit COVID-19, even if they received both doses of the vaccine."

Just a few

Every article says you significantly reduced the chance of infection by a minimum of 85%

No it’s being ****ing selfish. Have you lost anyone you know to this, because I have co-worker on Christmas Day. Are you having long term issues from having COVID because I am. When are children going to get vaccinated, we don’t know yet. So you’re out and about you’re standing in line you’re asymmetric or worse, because you would definitely still go out the way you’re talking, a kid or baby being held their parent is standing by you. You get that kid sick, the kid has long term issues or worse that’s your fault, that’s why you get vaccinated, that’s why you’re selfish if you don’t get vaccinated.

WOW! Selfish? You must be on the war trail against abortions! How selfish do you have to be for people having over 60,000,000 abortions mostly due to inconvenience. I'll expect to see you at the next protest. I'll bring an extra "Murder For Convenience" sign for you! It'll be a hoot!

Edit: Look up stats for "Kids contracting covid" LOL

Edited by SpeedsterX
Every article says you significantly reduced the chance of infection by a minimum of 85%

My immune system has better odds as does the chance I'll get it. Oh, and I also have Hydroxychloroquine (please don't have a meltdown by that word)

WOW! Selfish? You must be on the war trail against abortions! How selfish do you have to be for people having over 60,000,000 abortions mostly due to inconvenience. I'll expect to see you at the next protest. I'll bring an extra "Murder For Convenience" sign for you! It'll be a hoot!

So you’re just going to what-about this. Also, you potentially killing a living baby should make you want to get vaccinated even more. Since you’ve done sooooooo much research you know that children under two are just as or more vulnerable to having major complications to COVID as the elderly. I’m a father of a six month old so believe me I’ve read just about everything there is to on this while I was in isolation. Furthermore you have no idea what my stance is on abortion since I’ve never stated it, which for the record it should only be used in extreme circumstances ie a baby not having brain matter, basically a pregnancy that could be fatal for mother and baby.

Edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/interactive/2021/covid-children-deaths/ ok since you would want to take a chance of causing this why don’t you read this.

Edited by Big Dog 816
If you want it to keep going I’ll just keep dunking on you all day. You’re so wrong about this that it’s really easy.

"Dunking" on me? Here's a "dunk", I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THE VACCINE" *DUNK! LOL

Along with over 70,000,000 others that are not taking the EXPERIMENTAL vaccine. "Our bodies, our choice" right? Say it with me, "Our bodies, our choice".

Good day...

I said, Good day!! :-P

"Dunking" on me? Here's a "dunk", I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THE VACCINE" *DUNK! LOL

Along with over 70,000,000 others that are not taking the EXPERIMENTAL vaccine. "Our bodies, our choice" right? Say it with me, "Our bodies, our choice".

Good day...

I said, Good day!! :-P

You haven’t refuted any of the points brought up by myself or the points of others. The only thing you’ve done is shown you only care about yourself, and how ignorant you are to the actual facts about the vaccine. Calling it experimental really shows that. Also it’s going far fewer than 70,000,000.

Edited by Big Dog 816
You haven’t refuted any of the points brought up by myself or the points of others. The only thing you’ve done is shown you only care about yourself, and how ignorant you are to the actual facts about the vaccine. Calling it experimental really shows that. Also it’s going far fewer than 70,000,000.

MILLIONS AND MILLIONS won't get it. must really bite your azz :pound:

Suck it up buttercup. You can now have the last word. Doesn't bother me.

MILLIONS AND MILLIONS won't get it. must really bite your azz :pound:

Suck it up buttercup. You can now have the last word. Doesn't bother me.

Obviously it must, and yes it does bother me, your selfishness and ignorance is disgusting to say the least. Just know that most people here more than likely think way, way less of you now....other than NDHoosier.

Oops!

I honestly and literally DO NOT care what others think of me, ESPECIALLY libtards or anyone that would vote for the moron that's in the WH now and ruining our great nation. That's ALL I need to know about YOU. Talk about ignorant. "kids in cages" should be your next fight. (crickets*)

(ok, I'm serious now, you can have the last words lol)

Oops!

I honestly and literally DO NOT care what others think of me, ESPECIALLY libtards or anyone that would vote for the moron that's in the WH now and ruining our great nation. That's ALL I need to know about YOU. Talk about ignorant. "kids in cages" should be your next fight. (crickets*)

(ok, I'm serious now, you can have the last words lol)

Once again you’re doing what aboutism because you don’t have a good argument here. Like I said you are so wrong this is easy. You’re *** you don’t care people think about you, that’s what a person who really cares says. You had to bring up working in your community earlier because you do care. Libtards, really nice considering I have nephew with Downs Syndrome, once again showing how big of a piece of **** you are. Again you have no idea what my political affiliation is and again you are wrong.

Thanks for fighting the good fight Big Dog. It's frustrating that people are so proud to be so selfish when asked to make simple sacrifices. It reminds me of the Kansan obituary from a Covid death last December-

"Marvin was born May 23, 1939 to Jim and Dorothy Farr of Modoc, Kan. He was born into an America recovering from the Great Depression and about to face World War 2, times of loss and sacrifice difficult for most of us to imagine. Americans would be asked to ration essential supplies and send their children around the world to fight and die in wars of unfathomable destruction. He died in a world where many of his fellow Americans refuse to wear a piece of cloth on their face to protect one another."

I wear my seatbelt and since I have been a Harley rider for over 20 years, I never wear a helmet. "My body, my choice", Savvy?

Why bother wearing a seatbelt if you do not wear a helmet? For me, both situations are basically intelligence tests and I do not understand why someone would do one but not the other.

I am OK with you not wearing a helmet if you are OK with my thought that people who do not wear helmets being refused medical treatment for any head injuries suffered while riding. Or at least, not having that treatment paid for by medical insurance. In a sense, non-riders and riders who wear helmets and have health insurance subsidize the treatment of riders who suffer greater injuries due to enjoying their freedom.

I say this as someone who had a family member die from head injuries in a single person motorcycle accident when riding without a helmet.

Edited by jbrown_9999
Thanks for fighting the good fight Big Dog. It's frustrating that people are so proud to be so selfish when asked to make simple sacrifices. It reminds me of the Kansan obituary from a Covid death last December-

"Marvin was born May 23, 1939 to Jim and Dorothy Farr of Modoc, Kan. He was born into an America recovering from the Great Depression and about to face World War 2, times of loss and sacrifice difficult for most of us to imagine. Americans would be asked to ration essential supplies and send their children around the world to fight and die in wars of unfathomable destruction. He died in a world where many of his fellow Americans refuse to wear a piece of cloth on their face to protect one another."

But they still say it's safe. There are more than this too. But I'm not going to bother as it won't change liberals minds anyway. Because "Fauci says it's safe" LOL He's right as much as a broken clock. https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2021/02/18/macomb-covid-vaccine-death-daniel-thayne-simpson/4380833001/

Daniel Thayne Simpson, a retired accountant from Chesterfield Township who served in the Navy during the Korean War, got his first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on Feb. 3.

Daniel Thayne Simpson, 90, a retired accountant from Chesterfield Township, died hours after receiving his first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

The next day, Simpson, 90, was dead. "

Edited by SpeedsterX
Why bother wearing a seatbelt if you do not wear a helmet? For me, both situations are basically intelligence tests and I do not understand why someone would do one but not the other.

I am OK with you not wearing a helmet if you are OK with my thought that people who do not wear helmets being refused medical treatment for any head injuries suffered while riding. Or at least, not having that treatment paid for by medical insurance. In a sense, non-riders and riders who wear helmets and have health insurance subsidize the treatment of riders who suffer greater injuries due to enjoying their freedom.

I say this as someone who had a family member die from head injuries in a single person motorcycle accident when riding without a helmet.

Sorry for your loss. To the issue of how MY insurance pays for my medical treatment, with all due respect is none of yours or anyone else business.

The article you posted contradicts what you're saying - it's saying there's no statistical evidence at this point that the COVID vaccine is causing excess deaths compared to the anticipated general death rate of the population. With 109,000,000 vaccines administered in the US (57 million at the time of the article), we would see pretty clearly if the vaccine was elevating people's risk of death. It's certainly not causing the ~1400 deaths a day we've averaged over the past week from COVID.

From the article:

"Deaths among the more than 55 million Americans who have already gotten at least one dose of the vaccines are not higher than deaths among the general population, said Dr. Arnold Monto, a professor of epidemiology and global public health at the University of Michigan."

""When you're vaccinating an older population, this is always going to happen," said Monto, who chaired the FDA committee that recommended emergency use authorization for both of the COVID-19 vaccines now available in the U.S. "The way we look at this is to compare frequencies in the vaccinated with those who were not vaccinated and see whether there's excess. So individual reports should raise concerns if they are repeated and if they are in excess of what you would expect.

"The purpose of all this reporting is to look for red flags to follow up."

"There is no way presently to know if this vaccine had anything to do with the death," Pietrangelo said

"This situation that we're talking about, about an individual dying in proximity to receiving the vaccine, is actually happening all over the place because millions and millions of vaccines are being given, and they're being given to that very population who have the comorbidities that would certainly predispose them to death.

"And, in fact, the CDC has done studies comparing the population of non-vaccinated, with vaccinated individuals for about 21 different conditions. And the deaths occur far more often in the unvaccinated for various things like heart attacks and pulmonary embolism and stroke, etc., etc. than the vaccinated population. And what they are saying is that these stats are not using any signal that there is a problem with the vaccination."

https://apnews.com/article/germany-suspends-astrazeneca-vaccine-blood-clotting-0ab2c4fe13370c96c873e896387eb92f

A cascading number of European countries — including Germany, France, Italy and Spain — suspended use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine Monday over reports of dangerous blood clots in some recipients, though the company and international regulators say there is no evidence the shot is to blame.

I'm guessing based on your other posts that you're being willfully ignorant, whether you'd like to admit it or not. You're synthesizing shards of concern out of the articles that are pretty thoroughly debunking exactly what you're claiming. No one is saying the vaccines are perfect, but so far the scientific evidence overwhelmingly points to getting a vaccine as the right thing to do to reduce the risk of injury or death for yourself, your loved ones, and the community around you.

If you truly believe you're in the right here, or that you're some badass freedom warrior, I'm sorry, you're not - you're just selfish and dumb. If you're doing it just to be a troll, than all I can offer is congratulations on this embarrassing segment of what must be a small existence. Please stop contaminating an otherwise very good football board with this nonsense.

Either way, good luck developing a sense of empathy for those around you. Hopefully good people around you will give then, what you cannot give now, when some ill eventually befalls you or your loved ones.

Again, from the article you posted:

"AstraZeneca said there have been 37 reports of blood clots out of more than 17 million people vaccinated in the 27-country EU and Britain. The drugmaker said there is no evidence the vaccine carries an increased risk of clots.

In fact, it said the incidence of clots is much lower than would be expected to occur naturally in a general population of this size and is similar to that of other licensed COVID-19 vaccines.

The World Health Organization and the EU’s European Medicines Agency have also said that the data does not suggest the vaccine caused the clots and that people should continue to be immunized.

“Many thousands of people develop blood clots annually in the EU for different reasons,” the European Medicines Agency said. The incidence in vaccinated people “seems not to be higher than that seen in the general population.”

The agency said that while the investigation is going on, “the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine in preventing COVID-19, with its associated risk of hospitalization and death, outweigh the risks of side effects.”

First off, thanks for the compliment. I agree this board is pretty great since I had a large part in it as for years being a Moderator and have for some years now am an Administrator.

To your points, I never said the vaccines give people the covid. I said that when you get it, even if just for a small amount of time, you can still get it and pass it on. It's true and I know it. Also true is that there have been issues with these experimental vaccines such as Bells Palsy, blood clots, allergic reactions, and even death. That's also true whether you would like to believe it or not. I still have the freedom not to take an experimental vaccine at which time I refuse to take and no amount of "wokeness guilt tripping" or your insistent virtue signaling will change that.

Like I said before, I guess 70 MILLION+ of my friends want to stay out of your healthcare and the liberal snowflakes can stop complaining about us and will not have to worry about us wanting anything to do with your healthcare. I'll take my immune systems stats and my controversial medicine over an experimental vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA and which shows to already has some issues. Remember, they've tested and approved a flu vaccine for decades that still doesn't cure the flu and that still kills people at times.

You won't know for decades what this experimental vaccine will do to you. You want to be the guinea pig, have at it! But don't expect everyone to trust their lives to the Government. That has came to tragedy way to many times in history.

First off, thanks for the compliment. I agree this board is pretty great since I had a large part in it as for years being a Moderator and have for some years now am an Administrator.

To your points, I never said the vaccines give people the covid. I said that when you get it, even if just for a small amount of time, you can still get it and pass it on. It's true and I know it. Also true is that there have been issues with these experimental vaccines such as Bells Palsy, blood clots, allergic reactions, and even death. That's also true whether you would like to believe it or not. I still have the freedom not to take an experimental vaccine at which time I refuse to take and no amount of "wokeness guilt tripping" or your insistent virtue signaling will change that.

Like I said before, I guess 70 MILLION+ of my friends want to stay out of your healthcare and the liberal snowflakes can stop complaining about us and will not have to worry about us wanting anything to do with your healthcare. I'll take my immune systems stats and my controversial medicine over an experimental vaccine that has not been approved by the FDA and which shows to already has some issues. Remember, they've tested and approved a flu vaccine for decades that still doesn't cure the flu and that still kills people at times.

You won't know for decades what this experimental vaccine will do to you. You want to be the guinea pig, have at it! But don't expect everyone to trust their lives to the Government. That has came to tragedy way to many times in history.

You are so stunningly dumb it is awe inspiring. I hope you are just trolling at this point because if you’re not it is just sad. Once again literally nothing you’re saying about the vaccine is close to being true, not being FDA approved is the most ridiculous thing you have posted. It was approved in December. I have dozens of friends in the medical profession ranging from nurses to people who work in administration of hospitals and everything else in between and guess what they’ve all gotten their vaccine and are fine. Why would 98% of doctors in the country take something if they weren’t sure it was ok for them. They are so frustrated by people like you who think there is something nefarious going on. I went to a hockey last Sunday with my friend who’s a doctor and his wife, the thing that gets him is the people who are complaining about not being able to do this or that are the same people who won’t get a shot and thus prolong things from getting back to normal. The fact that people are making a vaccine that has been tested, scrutinized and analyzed like every other piece of medicine into a political stance really pissed him off when this is just based on science.

Edit: Forgot you brought up my political affiliation earlier I’m a registered republican jackass.

Edited by Big Dog 816